We have hit poverty. We need help!

KaynineXL

Have the dev concidered to expand the ways the ways to get money?

* More npc's to rebattle, better rewards

* Rock Smash loots

* Have you concidered to make a way to make your own pokéballs? Collecting Apricorns, getting top & bottom parts in the shop. Than a special item to create the most unique pokéballs. The current system gave you 7 different ones. We could expand this by a lot like a pokéball that catches dragon pokémons better or a pokéball that change the genre of a pokémon. This kind of ball crafting could make money making fun again.

Well, i will tell you how i make easy money with fun:

1. Buy pokeballs

2. Have one good catcher pokemon

3. Hunt for Starters or "rare" pokemon(new players loves this one)

4. Sell it for 10k-25k, each

And if you have luck, you find a good shiny pokemon! 

PS: "Rare" pokemon = Beldum, Larvitar, Bagon, etc. Ending game pokemon.

quote darkshade from https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/57993-pvp-reward/

"What we've decided on instead, is utilizing the Battle Frontier facility and plan to implement support and rewards for PvP battles.

There is no ETA on this feature yet, however we believe it to be the best way to engage and promote Player VS Player interaction and something I'm personally quite excited for."

PLZ dont tell me this means the payout will be in BP. Because im really excited for this.. 

[spoiler]

image.png

[/spoiler]

I am glad staff is reading our ideas. I'd like to make a comment about this post as well if that's okay. I'm not sure if I am understanding this correctly so correct me if I am wrong, but the wording to me says that the battle frontier will be used as an area for duels which distributes PVP rewards.

There may be a reason for this certain location being used with the purpose of preventing a method of exploiting. Also, the implementation of the idea itself may not be exactly what myself and some others posted about. So there are differences there which can only be speculated on. But, based on my limited understanding of this, I think this has a drawback. The drawback is that I believe (correct me if I am wrong) the battle frontier is end game content. This means no access for anyone who hasn't completely beaten hoenn.

I picture this as an unnecessary entry level barrier. I think it would be much better if you could duel at any poke center or any location anywhere for possible PvP rewards. A large percentage of our player base is made up of casuals. You are losing a lot of potential money moving around in trade if you place that barrier there.

I'm probably ignorant and have no idea what is going on, but yeah, that was my thought.

edit: I hope the payout isn't battle points either, all that would do would make those items there like choice band worthless. That doesn't really address the issue of the current situation: only being able to gain money while grinding bots. The proposed idea was to gain money by doing something PvP interactive with other players.

Edited by bl0nde
  • 4 weeks later...

When are we going to get less grind... With tutors moves turning into even more grind, it's god damn ridiculous.

YWJh1Z0.png

The move tutor moves, as i see it, is that supplementary content. Its there to give more items value in the market when we get global trading. Why it came now and not when we get global trading idk but the less grind comes with global trading (hopefully). Idk how well it will work out seeing as it seems that ppl dont have money to put on the market but in theory it should make breeding cheaper (being able to buy breeders at a cheaper price than it takes to make them) and the items should be a source of income for those who are willing to grind for them.

Edited by codylramey

The move tutor moves, as i see it, is that supplementary content. Its there to give more items value in the market when we get global trading. Why it came now and not when we get global trading idk but the less grind comes with global trading (hopefully). Idk how well it will work out seeing as it seems that ppl dont have money to put on the market but in theory it should make breeding cheaper (being able to buy breeders at a cheaper price than it takes to make them) and the items should be a source of income for those who are willing to grind for them.

the main problem with this new approach isn't the grinding itself, is that you have no way to know that you will get the itens you want.

Lets say you are playing Skyrim and you want to buy a Sword that a NPC is selling, you go to caves and farm money, other items to sell in order to get enough money to buy your desired item.

What the members of this games seems to don't understand is that in every game you have a guaranteed opportunity to get the itens you want, even if you want to craft your sword, in this game, all is lost, all is painful.

You want a move tutor? Fine, just grind for undefined amount of time, doing some boring thing, with no guarantees. You could waste repels (cause the locations are just dumb usually), waste time, waste other resources and in the end don't get what you were farming.

There is no point to bring a global market, when the market is broken. With no reliable way to farm items, all those changes are pointless.

why was that move tutor even changed anyways? i don't think anyone really cared about paying 15k-30k for a tutor, it was reasonable. now, the unnecessary grind of finding whatever the fuck those items are, like magnets, really? i dont think anyone will want to spend hours in a useless place (im assuming power plant) finding TWO magnets just for a fucking thunder wave tutor.

Ur comparing a single player game to a multiplayer game. In this game the gurantee method of getting what u want will be the global trade atlystem. If there is a demand for an item there will be a supply.

I think you missed my point, maybe I wasn't clear enough.

if no one go hunt that specific item, cause it is too expensive for the return, you won't find the item in the market. My example was based on hunting for a time and getting what you where looking for, which doesn't happen in this game. And to be clear, the only thing this game has that is multiplayer is lots of people connected in a server, all the content is mostly single player from pokemon rom or simply based in a single person gameplay, nothing was really planned for multiplayer.

why was that move tutor even changed anyways? i don't think anyone really cared about paying 15k-30k for a tutor, it was reasonable. now, the unnecessary grind of finding whatever the fuck those items are, like magnets, really? i dont think anyone will want to spend hours in a useless place (im assuming power plant) finding TWO magnets just for a fucking thunder wave tutor.

Requiring items instead of money adds some more variety while making otherwise useless (when you have more than one) items actually useful and therefore worth hunting for. By extension, it makes the locations you find those items in worth hunting in post-story. Routes 12 and 13 would be rarely used if not for Farfetch'ds and their Sticks.

Adjusting the hold rate of certain items or reducing the tutor's requirements isn't out of the question if it turns out to be too difficult to teach a particular move.

Adjusting the hold rate of certain items or reducing the tutor's requirements isn't out of the question if it turns out to be too difficult to teach a particular move.

Well it is so this has to happen then, asking two items for one single move for a single pokemon when u have no idea of when u will get the item using pick up it's crazy

Requiring items instead of money adds some more variety while making otherwise useless (when you have more than one) items actually useful and therefore worth hunting for. By extension, it makes the locations you find those items in worth hunting in post-story. Routes 12 and 13 would be rarely used if not for Farfetch'ds and their Sticks.

It raises the grind to make a comp by a considerable amount though. Today me and a few LYLE peeps were in Victory road trying to get 2 Thick Clubs(for the popular move Double Edge). I was there for a good 30mins without finding one, I'm not sure if the others even found any before we all left.

That said.. I don't think this would be that bad if the hold rate/pickup rate were changed.

Taken from my guide, this is what we've found at Victory Road(It's not complete as far as I know).

I was thinking, the locations where you find these 'tutor items' remove all the junk to make it easier to find the items that are valuable, which would reduce the grind and actually make the change from using yen actually not bad..

Victory Road: (before)

Hyper Potion, Super Repel, Hard Stone, Thick Club, Black Belt, Super Potion

Victory Road: (after)

Hard Stone, Thick Club, Black Belt

if no one go hunt that specific item, cause it is too expensive for the return, you won't find the item in the market. My example was based on hunting for a time and getting what you where looking for, which doesn't happen in this game. And to be clear, the only thing this game has that is multiplayer is lots of people connected in a server, all the content is mostly single player from pokemon rom or simply based in a single person gameplay, nothing was really planned for multiplayer.

No i got the point, if we have a global trade system AND people are selling these items then it will be just the same. Im not saying its going to happen, maybe ppl wont grind as much as needed to keep the items in the market, but that is the idea behind it. Whether it works or not is still to be seen.

Youre right this game wasnt designed for multiplayer originally. Doesnt mean that this game cant be designed for multiplayer. That is the very reason why we have the non cannon things in this game.

So I spent 52 minutes farming 2 thick clubs to get one move on one poke.

Getting rid of a money sink to replace it with a giant time sink isn't that great of an idea.

You're very lucky then cause it took me 2 hours to get a single one a couple of days ago... I also tried buying them on trade chat for 2 days and no-one was selling.

I keep seeing people looking for silk scarf on trade I can't imagine how difficult it must be to find one. 

I believe the global trade system would make it easier to find some items to buy but then due to rates being so low these items will get much more expensive and a tutor move will no longer be worth 20-30k but maybe closer to 60-100k. Anyway, as of now we neither have the global trade nor a way to get those tutor moves in a definite time span. What was the reasoning behind making this change at this very moment ? :(

Getting rid of a money sink to replace it with a giant time sink isn't that great of an idea.

The idea is when we get global trading you will be able to go onto the market and buy one from there if you want. Also the hold rate could be changed if needed depending on how many end up in the market.

What was the reasoning behind making this change at this very moment ? :(

This is a good question, woulnt mind a dev to weight in on this.

Edited by codylramey

The idea to make the items more valuable in the economy is really cool. As Cody says, global trade system will make the whole thing that much better. For now, +1 it is too much considering you can make 100k in 1 hour and a thick club normally costs +/- 20k. Basically, increased the time by 4x/5x to get a move tutor move. I am not worried about it though because we know the devs always implement something as too hard at first then lower it down rather than making it too easy at first for an economy accident. Also, +1 on taking out the potions and etc. as a way to make it near the way it was in terms of time required IMO.

Edited by bl0nde

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.