AG + Uber Formats

BoltBlades12

Question

I say we should add Ubers and AG to the tournament formats. That way we could see a little more diversity in the teams since we could have access to EVERY Pokemon available, and thus would make battles significantly more interesting.

And yes, I know this could mean 6 Legendary Teams, but it also would mean unique counters to these teams. And there's nothing more interesting then seeing some noob with a team of 6 Uber legends get his @$$ handed to him by some guy with a team of lvl 1 Rattatas, or something else creative.

I mean it's kinda hypocritical saying that we can't have Uber format since there's no Ubers, while at the same time preventing us from having Ubers.

Besides, current PvP is pretty stale and predictable as it is. Again, would make comp a lot more interesting.

Edited by BoltBlades12

2 answers to this question

First step would probably be having ownable legendaries. And that's not even entirely a competitive discussion, it would be a discussion to the entire concept of PokeMMO. The devs do what they do regarding the MMO aspect, it's up to community to decide their tiers with the Tier Council. All of this discussion is pretty useless until we even have any specific confirmed legendaries that may be owned and thus used in PvP.

3 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

I mean it's kinda hypocritical saying that we can't have Uber format since there's no Ubers, while at the same time preventing us from having Ubers.

What are you even trying to say here. None of the Pokemon available for players are currently Ubers at this point, so Ubers practically doesn't exist.

And there's nothing more interesting then seeing some noob with a team of 6 Uber legends get his @$$ handed to him by some guy with a team of lvl 1 Rattatas, or something else creative.

If you think something like F.E.A.R. is a competitively viable form of teambuild to counterplay something, I don't think you have the slightest grasp of the concept of competitive Pokemon beyond watching some Youtube video where some guy sweeps a team with a F.E.A.R. team.

I say we should add Ubers and AG to the tournament formats. That way we could see a little more diversity in the teams since we could have access to EVERY Pokemon available, and thus would make battles significantly more interesting.

And yes, I know this could mean 6 Legendary Teams, but it also would mean unique counters to these teams. And there's nothing more interesting then seeing some noob with a team of 6 Uber legends get his @$$ handed to him by some guy with a team of lvl 1 Rattatas, or something else creative.

If you wish to play Anything-Goes or Ubers may I recommend Showdown , PokeMMO does not permit sub-level 50 pokemon in Tournament Mode PvP because gimmicks like Level 1 Rattatas are considered non-competitive.
I strongly disagree that a 6 Legendary Team would result in unique counters to these teams, they would be immensely centralising depending on what is available at the time and lead to what basically equates to mirror matches. When you offer things that are this large of a power spike and then place them beside alternatives in team building, you aren't given a real choice- It's the illusion of choice, few pokemon can validate their place on a team next to Uber Pokemon.

I don't understand what is hypocritical about what you mentioned, Uber Pokemon not being available (and as a result an Uber tier not existing) are not hypocrisy, it's pretty close to the opposite of hypocrisy.

Besides, current PvP is pretty stale and predictable as it is. Again, would make comp a lot more interesting.

Sinnoh is on the horizon and will actively change every metagame in a significant way, and on top of that not all change is good change.
When a tier becomes stale potential bans to break the rut it is stuck in are carefully considered, introducing things haphazardly does not create an interesting metagame it just makes chaos. Additionally your suggestion is entirely irrelevant to current PvP tiers as Uber Pokemon by their very nature would not be available in any current PvP tier, which means they wouldn't change the OU / UU / NU / LC metagames whatsoever.

BoltBlades12 I understand you want Uber pokemon in the game, you have made it very obvious and there's nothing inherently wrong with that, but in future please edit your pre-existing threads which are requesting ubers be added to the game to include new points (such as what have been brought up in this thread).
This thread does not contain enough substance to merit existing separately from your other thread(s) requesting Ubers be added to the game, if Ubers were made available to players then they would indeed go in the Uber's Tier by default as it already exists (despite nothing available being placed into it) and thus this suggestion is sort of already in the game (It's just irrelevant).
In light of the above points I will be locking this thread, if you have reasons why you believe these points necessitate a separate thread from your previous ones which have requested Ubers be made available feel free to message me about it over the forums.