Best method for hunting shinies?

Hi!

I'm not a shiny hunter myself, but I think the best way to look for them is using hordes next to a PC (you can use Leppa Berry to recover pp for Sweet Scent too but going to the PC would save you the money/time of berry farm) and having a lot of patience.

You can find a shiny in 30 minutes or you can take years to find it. It only depends on your luck.

If you want to improve your chances, I suggest you to use Donator Tickets or/and Shiny Charms. Matoka explains about that here, in the "Shiny Charm" part:

I hope I could help!
Good luck on your shiny hunt, may Arceus bless your RNG. uwu

Well as you have been told, being a simple probability, there is nothing left but to wait for luck or force it to happen by investing in resources such as carrot berries and sweet charm in the hordes you prefer. There are also those who raise and breed infinitely waiting for it to come out of an egg, it is also another possibility. I've been playing for almost 2000 hours and I haven't seen any yet. xD

2 hours ago, EmoDuck said:

as a big massive shiny hunter, get leppas and sit in your favourite bush and hunt, and let the shiny find you :D

Ur average, jonulo is big, gottem.

Either this, repel trick if rare with unique level on some spot or ditto breed.