Legendary Trophies

SunnyBunz

Question

I remember, back when I was a kid, playing Pokemon Red and searching for the Legendaries. The thrill of catching them was real! This was probably my favorite part because actually using them was extremely disappointing. I'd love to be able to battle and catch all Legendaries to keep as trophies, maybe use them to fly, surf or dive? Ban them from all Pvp, gyms and the Elite 4 to make it more balanced. That is my suggestion and others might agree.

6 answers to this question

I up-vote it.

Sure, we only get restricted use of Uber legends, but it's better than the whole KotH thing, which reduces their significance to a mere dex entry.

Allowing you to actually KEEP them(even if it's with restrictions) after you capture them has more achievement and a sense of accomplishment for doing such.

Edited by BoltBlades12
14 hours ago, DOOM said:

I don’t want the legendary ones to be just ornaments at least they can be used in PVE or fights lvl 100 vs lvl 100.

That would be a cool idea. The problem being that if we're allowed to use Uber legends in Gym/E4 battles, they become "too easy" and "lose value", even though the Gym/E4 rematches are well impossible as they are(especially E4)

I am hoping for a compramise here. But for people who want to do Battle between Legendaries, that would be a cool category for pvp. Having them being playable, to some degree would be nice. Although, just having them all collect and interactable in some space in the game, would be pretty neat.

6 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

That would be a cool idea. The problem being that if we're allowed to use Uber legends in Gym/E4 battles, they become "too easy" and "lose value", even though the Gym/E4 rematches are well impossible as they are(especially E4)

I understand your point, but they have hidden abilities and we don’t and they can also have some legendary like on the Battle Frontier . Remember Blaine have Articuno and Moltres... in the leagues They are Regis.

Edited by DOOM

I agree with that sentiment, DOOM. Battles in PokeMMO are SIGNIFICANTLY more tough. The trainers are more competent and the Gym leaders are even more so. Blaine has Legendary pokemon, Blaine. Not to mention some of these Pokemon know moves that are meant to tackle most of their weaknesses, whether they are supposed to learn it or not. But I don't exactly mind all of that, in fact, I like the challenge. Although it does seem a bit unfair that Blaine, a Gym Leader (debatable that he's the second strongest) is able to use them and we (potentially Pokemon League Champions) are given this handicap. That aside I hope that something comes of this, hopefully in our favor.