What is the best spot to get Amulet Coin from meowths?

Yesterday i tried to drop Amulet Coin from meowths with my smeargle (Route 5 and Route 8 from kanto) but the meowths doesnt dropped me nothing (obvviosly using the move thief). So anyone can tell me where is the best place to farm this item?

(to be honest i dont like the new mechanic of the amulet coin, but well, we don´t have other choice D; )

19 minutes ago, Digifanatic said:

Yesterday i tried to drop Amulet Coin from meowths with my smeargle (Route 5 and Route 8 from kanto) but the meowths doesnt dropped me nothing (obvviosly using the move thief). So anyone can tell me where is the best place to farm this item?

(to be honest i dont like the new mechanic of the amulet coin, but well, we don´t have other choice D; )

Try the Islands in kanto, 5, 6, or 7 all 3 should have meowth hordes i believe, goodluck.

On 8/4/2019 at 5:08 PM, BoltBlades12 said:

Those are more persian hordes than meowth, and persian no longer holds amulet coin

On Kindle Road there tends to be 1 Persian and 4 Meowth in a horde on average, that's way better than the Kanto mainland hordes like Route 6 which only have 3 encounters and often consist of 2 Pidgey and 1 Meowth.

Edited by yorshee
On 8/4/2019 at 5:21 AM, Klaym said:

Route 6 in Kanto, hordes. Best way to me, you can also drop metal coats there and thats kinda cool imo.

I've tried a whole morning doing this and found no amulet coin. Meowths only seem to carry Quick claws. It's luck based of course, but still frustrating.

I've been tryng with Frisk + Sweet Scent + Sable Eye to avoid some Normal attacks.

Do you have any extra tip on the subject?

Thanks in advance.

On 8/7/2019 at 7:30 PM, Offendedosaurus said:

I've tried a whole morning doing this and found no amulet coin. Meowths only seem to carry Quick claws. It's luck based of course, but still frustrating.

I've been tryng with Frisk + Sweet Scent + Sable Eye to avoid some Normal attacks. 

Thanks in advance.

No sorry. I'm probably very lucky conscerning amulet coins farming because I can get some really quickly.

Edited by Klaym
On 8/7/2019 at 12:30 PM, Offendedosaurus said:

Thanks in advance.

I don't use sweet scent, just bike on grass. Usually get 2/3 ACs in a couple hours plus some nuggets, metal coats, and twisted spoons.

3 hours ago, axx said:

I don't use sweet scent, just bike on grass. Usually get 2/3 ACs in a couple hours plus some nuggets, metal coats, and twisted spoons.

Well, I guess payday with a meowth after a gym run beats any item farming atm. But it is so boriiiing.

6 hours ago, Klaym said:

No sorry. I'm probably very lucky conscerning amulet coins farming because I can get some really quickly.

Yeah. I guess that's that. It all comes down to luck.

Meowth payday here we go again.

• 4 weeks later...

I just started farming amulet coin and ive been on route 5, 6 and 8 and by far the best has been route 6, i will admit ive probably come across over 200 hords of meowth at the point and they are always 3 meowth and sometimes they do have it or tbey dont it is luck based because of the rng system and all but its also kinda funny because i can get 5 amulet coin in 1hr or none in 1hr, in total of them all ive probabky gotten close to around 8 amulet coin in the last two days off of like 6 hours of just trying to get amulet coin. Now it may be more idk i dont keep track of it down to the decimal lol but its not impossible, i got 2 amulet coins in a row once. So you just gotta keep using sweetscent, and have a pokemon with frisk and thief, im using gothita. And for sweetscent im using a tropius, but you can either catch an oddish on route 6 or buy one on the gtl if they arent spawning like in my case, idk why they just completely stopped spawning after i cuaght one.

Edited by BallistikaGames