Issue with Pokemon (Shiny) Size

Dear Forum and GMs,

Since a couple of months ago I noticed that some of the pokemons following the owner now have a smaller size both in Kanto and Hoenn. For example, I have Steelix, Gyarados and Wailord (shiny), and they are clearly smaller compared to the past and to the current version of the Unima Region.. so now they seem more like little fishes or tiny sticks in Kanto and Hoenn. 

In this sense, I would like to ask if it's possible to restore their normal size as they were , maybe as a part of the next big update  :) 

Thank you for your help :)

Edited by Genka
23 minutes ago, razimove said:

Well the difference is that you're using a mod for Unova, and Hoenn/Kanto are using assets from the SS/HG rom, plus I think some were tweaked, like your steelix and wailord examples.

I have to say that it changed recently, they haven't been always small like in the images. So I thought that it could have been a problem due a recent update regarding the shape of the shinies. The images, even if little bit resized to fit in the square, represent quite well the difference that I currently see (but the shape of many other pokemons instead don't change).

My question  now is if it is a problem that affect only my game or also yours and, in this case, if do you think I can solve the issue changing something inside the settings of the game. 

Edited by Genka
1 minute ago, Genka said:

I have to say that it changed recently, they haven't been always small like in the images. So I thought that it could have been a problem due a recent update regarding the shape of the shinies. The images, even if little bit resized to fit in the square, represent quite well the difference that I currently see (but the shape of many other pokemons instead don't change).

My question  now is if it is a problem that affected only my game or also yours and, in this case, if do you think I can solve the issue changing something with the settings of the game. 

I'm 100% sure I remember @awkways speaking with someone from staff here, regarding this issue, either months or years ago, don't remember who and I'm not finding the thread either, but I remember this being an old situation already. It's not just you, everyone sees them those sizes.

1 minute ago, razimove said:

I'm 100% sure I remember @awkways speaking with someone from staff here, regarding this issue, either months or years ago, don't remember who and I'm not finding the thread either, but I remember this being an old situation already. It's not just you, everyone sees them those sizes.

Thank you for the info Razor,  then I will wait for further info by @awkways :)

6 hours ago, razimove said:

Was actually @Plexqus but I'm 100% sure he's dead now. Here's the examples we used:

GeqKCVu.png1NsA5Bj.png

Some pokemon's sprites are at half size due to them being excessively large, I believe the thought process was that they did not want people to use Steelix / Wailord etc to clutter people's screens in the same way some people in other MMOs use oversized mounts to obscure NPC's etc.

This isn't a bug but an intentional change as far as I am aware.

15 hours ago, Matoka said:

Some pokemon's sprites are at half size due to them being excessively large, I believe the thought process was that they did not want people to use Steelix / Wailord etc to clutter people's screens in the same way some people in other MMOs use oversized mounts to obscure NPC's etc.

This isn't a bug but an intentional change as far as I am aware.

Thank you Makota for the explanation. Honestly, I'd prefer to have pokemon with their original size, it's nice to have a huge shiny following you. Anyway, if it is not possible to turn back, at least let it as it is in Unima:)

Edited by Genka