Could we get an increased field of view on Android?

Adrianpb

Question

In Android it's really hard to see where you're going with the current Field of View, if we could either change it on the game settings with a Field of View slider, or even if you increased it by a fixed amount without implementing the dynamic slider it'd be VERY helpful for us who wants to play in our phone.

I'm ramming to every wall I possibly can when on the bike, since I can only see like 4 tiles up.

Image of current field of view, imagine going in the bike with that, you do not know where you're going.
7rw7zge0htd31.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

3 answers to this question

I can't say for certain, but it's very possible the field of view is so narrow to make it playable on as wide a range of android devices as possible. As the larger the field of view, the more the phones processor has to render and handle associated data with objects on the screen. 

However, if the difference in power (im not too familiar with android and linux architecture) is large enough between models, a slider may make sense so that users can get a larger field of view without dropping performance on their specific device. You'd at the very least need quite a bit of engine work and QA testing to make sure there isn't any major bugs. You'd also likely need a big disclaimer by the slider saying something along the lines of 'do not touch if your phone is a potato'.

Edited by Pizzachu
I think faster than i type