Gym puzzle skip.

Branni

Question

Alright, I always thought it was always a little annoying to do the puzzles for the Gyms in Unova. Not a big deal, but not I'm even more annoyed at the fact that now I'm being timed with the new amulet coin function. That doesn't add a challenge or any kind of fun to the game, it's annoying more then anything. I don't mind the new amulet coin what so ever, but don't make me run through a gym wasting 3 to 4 minutes, it adds up in the long run. 

This is clearly for people who have already beaten the Gym at least once, and this is for rematches. 

Edited by Branni

8 answers to this question

Either this, or they should really change their amulet coin to a per battle basis system. Like you'd consume it and it applies 50% more money to your next 20-25 battles. And the effect would expire in like six or so hours. This honestly removes a lot of the stress of the current amulet coin while still having a focus on the coin being consumable itself.

Edited by Raichu4u
1 minute ago, Raichu4u said:

Either this, or they should really change their amulet coin to a per battle basis system. Like you'd consume it and it applies 50% more money to your next 20-25 battles. And the effect would expire in like six or so hours.

I like this per-battle system, this would remove all the time constraints that people has been complaining about.

It also kills the exploit where you can activate an amulet coin (AC) on an alt and farm a single trainer each day with minimal reduction of the AC timer.

2 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

Either this, or they should really change their amulet coin to a per battle basis system. Like you'd consume it and it applies 50% more money to your next 20-25 battles. And the effect would expire in like six or so hours. This honestly removes a lot of the stress of the current amulet coin while still having a focus on the coin being consumable itself.

Which I am open to that idea as well, like I am pretty casual and usually focus on PVE. I liked grinding money off and on during breaks at work, and I know the coin stops its timer if I log off but now I'm still forced to grind out money for the rest of THAT timer. I feel forced into committing into a money run now instead of just playing and enjoying myself unless I completely give up the rest of the coin in that session.

40 minutes ago, axx said:

I like this per-battle system, this would remove all the time constraints that people has been complaining about.

It also kills the exploit where you can activate an amulet coin (AC) on an alt and farm a single trainer each day with minimal reduction of the AC timer.

This is my biggest exploit I can see with the system, although it's slow, you can just set up alt accounts with comp teams sitting in front of Morimoto and just shut off the game right away once you've beaten him.

I'm afraid that the devs would just fix this issue by just making the coin still expire when you're logged off, instead of addressing the issue that most people think that the 1 hour time on the coin is a bit stressful.

13 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

This is my biggest exploit I can see with the system, although it's slow, you can just set up alt accounts with comp teams sitting in front of Morimoto and just shut off the game right away once you've beaten him.  

With the recent influx of certain demographic, very accustomed to exploit multi-account strategies, it might be due time to review PokeMMO's policies on this topic.

But that discussion is a bit off topic here.

30 minutes ago, Munya said:

or give gym trainers rebattles

Munya, no.

--

On topic.

This 'per battle' system could also close the gap between veteran players doing 20+ gyms per run and new players struggling to beat the gyms.

Edited by axx