Yet Another Amulet Coin Post

I feel like this is pretty tiring for everyone on all sides to talk about the Amulet coin, but I'd really like to put some attention on it just because I feel it's going to cause a larger gap between newer/casual players and hardcore/already established players.

I'd like to preface that I love the gym rematch system. I think it's a very comfortable Yen making activity that most players after beating the Elite four go to. The level scaling system is honestly awesome with it, because the higher that you get leveled up and get better as a trainer, the better your rate of return. It's honestly a pretty comfortable curve to climb up.

Where the new amulet coin has problems is that it's straight up not profitable to use if you're not at the last level scaling (when the gym leaders are level 81). Not only does it cause a huge spike in the rate of return once you reach that level threshold, players before the patch who were either not that high level enough or couldn't play for an hour non-stop were essentially hit with what was it 25% nerf to their yen making (due to holding old Amulet coin).

I didn't want to have too much of an overaction when the changes first came out because I figured that the prices of most consumables would drop by about 25% as well (Everstones, Shards, Heart Scales, etc). But it's been almost a week and the only thing that has gone down is Berries, and some limited vanities, and that's entirely due to the berry nerfs. Even so, fixed items sold by NPC's like bands and Pokeballs obviously stayed at the same price, which means that it's going to cost every player who was previously relying on the old held amulet coin has to spend 25% more time now to obtain items.

I really wish economic decisions just weren't made like this that hinders what is pretty much the bottom line of the economy. It seems that less experienced or not as grind heavy players are being used as leverage to help with deflation, even though these players before weren't even contributing in a meaningful way at all with inflation in the past.

I'd really like to see some changes to the amulet coin to be honest as well to be more accommodating to those on the lower end of the economy. Maybe making it work on a "per battle" usage for it, nerf the 50% rate down while increasing the find rate in it on Meowths, reintroduce the passive back while keeping the consumable, etc. There's many different ways to gracefully deal with the amulet coin, but how it currently is in place just isn't it.

TL;DR: New Amulet coin in its current state is pretty bad for players that don't have the Pokemon or the time to grind with its changes.

Edited by Raichu4u
2 minutes ago, Morty said:

You can too beat the gyms leaders without amulet coins...

My point is that if you do so, you are effectively nerfed 25% yen from the last patch, and this is an issue that doesn't effect people with level 100's, but rather newer players who are working their way up with the rematches.

2 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

My point is that if you do so, you are effectively nerfed 25% yen from the last patch, and this is an issue that doesn't effect people with level 100's, but rather newer players who are working their way up with the rematches.

I'm agree but, the alumet farming is not very long if you are lucky... And if you don't want farming, you can buy it (30k). You can get ~250k from gyms leaders, and you can too beat the richs trainers. So, for me, it's not a bad update.

4 minutes ago, Morty said:

You can get ~250k from gyms leaders, and you can too beat the richs trainers. So, for me, it's not a bad update.

I think you're missing this point. You personally can get 250K from them because you probably own a team that can sweep them real fast. Therefore the amulet coin is profitable to use for you.

It isn't for newer players because they usually cannot make gains back past the 30K (the price of the amulet coin in the PTS right now) and therefore it is useless to them. On top of that, they can't use the original hold item 25% amulet coin anymore, so they're hit with a nerf in that regard.

14 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

Have you considered the point was to nerf the yen

1 minute ago, Raichu4u said:

I think you're missing this point. You personally can get 250K from them because you probably own a team that can sweep them real fast. Therefore the amulet coin is profitable to use for you.

It isn't for newer players because they usually cannot make gains back past the 30K (the price of the amulet coin in the PTS right now) and therefore it is useless to them. On top of that, they can't use the original hold item 25% amulet coin anymore, so they're hit with a nerf in that regard.

Yeah, of course, PokeMMO stay a MMO you can't get money without farm or without be lucky. This update make the lazy less rich and obliges them to farm.

3 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

as long as you manage to make over 90k in one hour, it's still worth it

1 minute ago, DaftCoolio said:

Have you considered the point was to nerf the yen

Then why are newer players the target of the corrective deflationary measures when more experienced and hardcore ones who were grinding berries on plenty of alts caused it? That's just bad economics. 

These players literally were contributing pretty much nothing to inflation. Someone who has a party in the 60's doing gym rematches is likewise pouring that money right back into other things on the side.

4 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

Then why are newer players the target of the corrective deflationary measures when more experienced and hardcore ones who were grinding berries on plenty of alts caused it? That's just bad economics. 

These players literally were contributing pretty much nothing to inflation. Someone who has a party in the 60's doing gym rematches is likewise pouring that money right back into other things on the side.

But it targets everyone

9 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

Everyone's gotta start somewhere. The more they play, the more gyms they'll be able to beat therefore making more profit.

You can level a poke to level 100 in 1-2 hours if you wanted to

Just now, YoshidoriForum said:

i didnt find ONE on Meowths, they only have quick claw

sadly they just do what they want with the game, i find pretty pointless complaining at this point

You are just VERY unlucky lmao

2 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

But it targets everyone

Experienced players are not targeted. If you have a team of 100's you actually gain better from this patch and you make more yen than you did before. If you do not or do not make 90K in one run, it is worthless to use it. Therefore those players are subject to a 25% nerf.

6 minutes ago, kloneman said:

Everyone's gotta start somewhere. The more they play, the more gyms they'll be able to beat therefore making more profit.

Then I don't see the reason in making a change for someone to play 25% more if they do not have a team of 100's. 

2 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

Experienced players are not targeted. If you have a team of 100's you actually gain better from this patch and you make more yen than you did before. If you do not or do not make 90K in one run, it is worthless to use it. Therefore those players are subject to a 25% nerf.

Then I don't see the reason in making a change for someone to play 25% more if they do not have a team of 100's. 

Then newer players should level up to 100

3 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

In the majority of MMOs, 90% of the end game involves some sort of grinding. If everyone made money really fast, then they would have all the comps/shinies or whatever they need and would eventually get bored of playing.

If they don't want to do the grind, then they should play something else.

8 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

No offense, but both times I've offered a rebuttal to your points, you just been changing the goal posts like this every time.

8 minutes ago, kloneman said:

In the majority of MMOs, 90% of the end game involves some sort of grinding. If everyone made money really fast, then they would have all the comps/shinies or whatever they need and would eventually get bored of playing.

I'll just say that this pretty much only applies to the postgame gym runs, but do you honestly think that lower experienced players were making a killing on the old amulet coin? A battle between the 50's-60's netted you about 5.9K-6.5K, and those battles typically take longer as well because the gym party is closer in level to yours compared if you brought some level 100's in and you experience a 19 level gap advantage.

That's such a crawl speed to begin with on how much yen (and experience) they were gaining. I don't see why anyone thinks that needed to be nerfed.

1 hour ago, kloneman said:

You can level a poke to level 100 in 1-2 hours if you wanted to

54 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

This, leveling is really easy with the new lucky eggs.

heh

No one has recalled the fact you can now gym run without having an amulet coin equipped? That's a great improvement for the gameplay in my opinion. Because regardless of the profit, now you have more freedom for strategies.

On top of the fact that you can now powerlevel your pokes to 100's with sweet scent, a pokemon with earthquake, and some lucky eggs that are still optional.

I'd only suggest to increase the effect time, 1 hour is too low for gyms if you want to enjoy the battles imo.

1 hour ago, Kornelio said:

No one has recalled the fact you can now gym run without having an amulet coin equipped? That's a great improvement for the gameplay in my opinion. Because regardless of the profit, now you have more freedom for strategies.

Honestly the Amulet coin as a hold item was never really a hindrance before though. Pretty much all the gym battles consist of anyway are just EQ/Surf/Any double hitting moves once you get up to the highest level anyway.

22 minutes ago, Asterrrr said:

Whatever. Berry farming was the easiest way for noobs to get money. Complaning about amulet coin just because it pisses you sounds funny

I actually benefit (if I specifically play for an hour straight) from the new amulet coin and was in favor of the berry nerfs. It seems that speaking out for less experienced players isn't okay with some of you.

Here's the thing, newer players do not realize what they are missing on. They are very happy with their $45k.

And that works for the devs, many casual players playing casual and donating to have the cool items.

They hit the wall when they try to get into comp, however.