[MOD] Moemon Enhanced

Intro:
Hey there, I have noticed that this other Moemon mod hasn't been updated in a while, and is decently patchy in terms of what Pokemon are present in it. This mod is simply working off of that one to where everything that it has accomplished so far (Gen's 1-3 complete, with some 4 and 5 included) is still in. The main goal of me posting this version of the mod is to complete the Sinnoh Pokedex considering that we are going to be seeing the release of Platinum pretty soon. I have no plan to put in the shiny versions of the new Pokemon I am putting in just due to the fact that the sprite resources aren't out there and I am not a spriter.

Pokemon Added:

Everyone is complete for gen 4! Gen 5 to be worked on next!

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/p47wg61dehy2gta/Moemon_Enhanced.mod/file

And always throw some love over at these guys over here, because without their work and help this mod wouldn't exist.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Headez said:

Hey, thanks for this job, since I am currently the only moemon that managed to make it work for me, do you have plans to update the mod in the future? I think there are many sprites that exist and that does not include the mod

My plan is to get the entire Sinnoh dex up and working by the time that Sinnoh is released. I simply cannot do all of Unova though due to the fact that the sprites do not exist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/11/2019 at 11:44 AM, Raichuforyou said:

My plan is to get the entire Sinnoh dex up and working by the time that Sinnoh is released. I simply cannot do all of Unova though due to the fact that the sprites do not exist.

I've searched for Moemon from Unova, and you're right, there's no sprite, but at least you can find Tepig and Pignite, if it's useful here I leave you the link of the two images I found:
https://www.deviantart.com/luthica21/art/Tepig-288862722
https://www.deviantart.com/luthica21/art/Pignite-288862938

Also in DeviantArt I found a user who is doing Black and White Pokémon sprites I leave the link of his profile below:
https://www.deviantart.com/luckygirl88/gallery

PD: I'm sorry if I write poorly, I don't speak English, but Spanish.nish.

Edited by SuperGuias
Just now, LtFrost12 said:

Though another question, in platinum when you have your pokemon in your party, they aren't their moemon counterparts in the party boxes (but are moemon when you look at them in the pokedex/send out to battle). Is this intentional due to moemon sprites on platinum? 

Those sprites just simply aren't ripped at the moment. Only just battle sprites.

I have the same issue as SpeedyQuader, when I try to add the mod file the game doesn't recognize it as a compatible mod.

Edit: I redownloaded the file and everything works fine now.

Edit Edit: It works perfectly, now all i need is a mod to have the following pokemons to look like moemons and my life would be complete.

Edited by Lanma
  • 1 month later...
On 7/29/2019 at 2:06 AM, Raichuforyou said:

Intro:
Hey there, I have noticed that this other Moemon mod hasn't been updated in a while, and is decently patchy in terms of what Pokemon are present in it. This mod is simply working off of that one to where everything that it has accomplished so far (Gen's 1-3 complete, with some 4 and 5 included) is still in. The main goal of me posting this version of the mod is to complete the Sinnoh Pokedex considering that we are going to be seeing the release of Platinum pretty soon. I have no plan to put in the shiny versions of the new Pokemon I am putting in just due to the fact that the sprite resources aren't out there and I am not a spriter.

Pokemon Added:

Everyone is complete for gen 4! Gen 5 to be worked on next!

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/p47wg61dehy2gta/Moemon_Enhanced.mod/file

And always throw some love over at these guys over here, because without their work and help this mod wouldn't exist.

When will be it updated with new pokes? any update will be posted here?

and thanks for the great work ^^

Edited by 777Sergio
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2019 at 21:06, Raichuforyou said:

Introdução:
Olá, notei que este outro Moemon não foi atualizado há algum tempo e é decentemente irregular em termos do que os Pokémons estão presentes nele. Este mod está simplesmente trabalhando fora daquele em que tudo o que ele realizou até agora (o Gen 1-3 está completo, com alguns 4 e 5 incluídos) ainda está presente. O principal objetivo de eu postar esta versão do mod é concluir o Sinnoh Pokedex, considerando que veremos o lançamento do Platinum em breve. Não tenho planos de colocar as versões brilhantes do novo Pokémon que estou inserindo apenas pelo fato de os recursos de sprite não estarem disponíveis e eu não ser um spriter.

Pokemon Adicionado:

Todo mundo está completo para a geração 4! Geração 5 a ser trabalhada a seguir!

Link para download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/p47wg61dehy2gta/Moemon_Enhanced.mod/file

E sempre jogue um pouco de amor nesses caras aqui, porque sem o trabalho e a ajuda desse mod não existiria.

Eu o parabenizo pelo seu esforço ao fazer este mod, ele está realmente muito bem feito, mas seria muito bom se as personagens tivessem animações que nem os pokémon do jogo, ao invés de ter somente uma imagem, eu sei que daria muito trabalho de fazer, mas ainda espero que isso aconteça um dia, isso é uma crítica construtiva, desculpe se soou como um insulto:D

//

Eu o parabenizo pelo seu esforço ao fazer este mod, ele está realmente muito bem feito, mas seria muito bom se as personagens tivessem animações que nem os pokémon do jogo, ao invés de ter somente uma imagem, eu sei que daria muito trabalho de fazer, mas ainda espero que isso aconteça um dia, isso é uma crítica construtiva, desculpe se soou como um insulto:D

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2020 at 12:58 AM, Crisanto203 said:

Hi! I found an error when the pokemon Bronzor appears or i tried to see his stats the game literally crash. 

Screenshot_20200127_005631_eu.pokemmo.client.jpg

Had this same issue. Took a peek into the .mod files of "Moemon 2.0" and "Moemon Enhanced" and found the problem:

"Moemon Enhanced" uses an unfinished edit of the "Moemon 2.0" Bronzor sprite, and the edit doesn't have transparency; which causes a crash any time the game attempts to load in Bronzor. (in both stats and encounters) Not to mention, aside from this unfinished sprite lacking transparency, it's also flipped in the wrong horizonal orientation - and has no shiny variant (the shiny version is from "Moemon 2.0" while the normal version is the bugged edit)
Screenshot_816.png
Screenshot_815.png

Original:
436-front-n.png
Edit from Moemon Enhanced: (crash culprit; lacked transparency, correct horizontal orientation, or shiny variant)
436-front-n.png

Comparison between original and enhancement edit (zoomed in and flipped to same orientation)
bronzor.gif

This bug kills a playthrough of Sinnoh region since there are many Bronzor encounters, so I took the liberty of fixing the bug myself by putting the original "Moemon 2.0" Bronzor sprite back into "Moemon Enhanced". You can grab my hotfix here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/15koqcw6qy4delc/Moemon_Enhanced_-_Bronzor_Hotfix.mod/file

Make sure to disable the old mod while enabling this one, because if the bugged mod has priority over the fix, you will get the same crash.

Hope Raichuforyou will release an official update with a proper working version of his Bronzor sprite edit, as well as a shiny variant. I think Raichuforyou's edit of Bronzor looks very nice and would like to see it in a working official release.

(Also noticable while playing through Sinnoh, both gender variants of Shellos are the same color; not sure if this is just a placeholder or if it's something that needs to be fixed.)

Edited by TUWieZ
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 3:13 AM, TUWieZ said:

Had this same issue. Took a peek into the .mod files of "Moemon 2.0" and "Moemon Enhanced" and found the problem:

"Moemon Enhanced" uses an unfinished edit of the "Moemon 2.0" Bronzor sprite, and the edit doesn't have transparency; which causes a crash any time the game attempts to load in Bronzor. (in both stats and encounters) Not to mention, aside from this unfinished sprite lacking transparency, it's also flipped in the wrong horizonal orientation - and has no shiny variant (the shiny version is from "Moemon 2.0" while the normal version is the bugged edit)
Screenshot_816.png
Screenshot_815.png

Original:
436-front-n.png
Edit from Moemon Enhanced: (crash culprit; lacked transparency, correct horizontal orientation, or shiny variant)
436-front-n.png

Comparison between original and enhancement edit (zoomed in and flipped to same orientation)
bronzor.gif

This bug kills a playthrough of Sinnoh region since there are many Bronzor encounters, so I took the liberty of fixing the bug myself by putting the original "Moemon 2.0" Bronzor sprite back into "Moemon Enhanced". You can grab my hotfix here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/15koqcw6qy4delc/Moemon_Enhanced_-_Bronzor_Hotfix.mod/file

Make sure to disable the old mod while enabling this one, because if the bugged mod has priority over the fix, you will get the same crash.

Hope Raichuforyou will release an official update with a proper working version of his Bronzor sprite edit, as well as a shiny variant. I think Raichuforyou's edit of Bronzor looks very nice and would like to see it in a working official release.

(Also noticable while playing through Sinnoh, both gender variants of Shellos are the same color; not sure if this is just a placeholder or if it's something that needs to be fixed.)

the mod doesn't work in my launcher

image.png