Remove Chat Filter from game settings

It is ridiculous to have a chat filter setting, which enables the players to be able to see or hide words such as fuck... then have people that get offended report you for using said word IN A SONG LYRIC.

Might as well get rid of it altogether if you don't want people saying curse words and the such in your chat.

"yes but context matters"

it's the fucking lyrics of a song mate.

Edited by maximilious
7 minutes ago, MiloFranklin said:

whats the point of an opt-out filter if you can get in trouble for saying thing the filter would hide?

The filter is made for players who don't want to see certain swear words, that doesn't give you permission to spam those words or use them however you please. 

53 minutes ago, maximilious said:

it's the fucking lyrics of a song mate.

You can't possibly expect staff members to know every lyric from every song, can you? Besides, something being a quote doesn't excuse it from the rules, if it's considered to be inappropriate it doesn't matter where you got it from. 

The rules around that are that swearing is allowed. You won't get in trouble for swearing. If you're swearing at someone, a group of people, saying something racist or just spamming "fuck" for no reason, that warrants punishment.

1 minute ago, Dibz said:

The rules around that are that swearing is allowed. You won't get in trouble for swearing. If you're swearing at someone, a group of people, saying something racist or just spamming "fuck" for no reason, that warrants punishment.

pretty sure if I accidentally write sh1t on global chat, and some crybaby goes towards a mod with that screenshot I get the ban hammer. Sadly that's the new mods you have :-)

1 minute ago, razimove said:

pretty sure if I accidentally write sh1t on global chat, and some crybaby goes towards a mod with that screenshot I get the ban hammer. Sadly that's the new mods you have :-)

so stupid.  Can't have it both ways, either let people say the words or remove the option entirely.  I am never gonna fucking say a line of any lyric because of this shit

1 minute ago, maximilious said:

so stupid.  Can't have it both ways, either let people say the words or remove the option entirely.  I am never gonna fucking say a line of any lyric because of this shit

just avoid channel/global chat, they make your eyes bleed anyway

Please wait for my reply on PM, as we have said, we will adress the issue. You have messaged me in the middle of the night, so sorry for not coming back to you yet.

Until then, have a nice day.

Also we will not delete filter- its there to stop some messages at first, but it doesnt mean players are allowed to say certain messages. You guys here are spreading some missinformation, so i will close this one.

Accidentally saying "sh1t" doesnt get you banned.