horde shiny question

Yeah, so each poke in horde has individual 1/30k being shiny chance.

But if you get 5 encounters in 1 horde, your chance of finding a shiny in a horde in general is 5/30k, i.e, 1/6k.

And similarly, for x3 horde, it is 1/10k chance of there being a shiny in horde.

Edited by Akshit
10 minutes ago, Akshit said:

Yeah, so each poke in horde has individual 1/30k being shiny chance.

But if you get 5 encounters in 1 horde, your chance of finding a shiny in a horde in general is 5/30k, i.e, 1/6k.

And similarly, for x3 horde, it is 1/10k chance of there being a shiny in horde.

Well the math itself is a bit more complicated. It's:

1 - (29,999/30,000)^5

Or in case of hordes of 3, it's to the power of 3, but they do both come close to 1/6k and 1/10k, just a little bit less.

Sorry, I had to before @Gilan went on a rampage xD

But yeah, each Pokemon in a horde has independent odds of being shiny

Edited by Dibz

The only thing doing hordes does is allow you to encounter more pokemon in a shorter amount of time. Thus increasing your CHANCES of encountering a shiny. I noticed you liked my last post, I should probably tell you now that was all BS and satirical. I actually got the opportunity to deny a mod's irrefutable evidence that what I was saying was untrue. 

Edited by blankf4ce
1 hour ago, blankf4ce said:

The only thing doing hordes does is allow you to encounter more pokemon in a shorter amount of time. Thus increasing your CHANCES of encountering a shiny. I noticed you liked my last post, I should probably tell you now that was all BS and satirical. I actually got the opportunity to deny a mod's irrefutable evidence that what I was saying was untrue. 

Wut?

45 minutes ago, WildHodor said:

Wut?

This was a reference to a post I made recently. I didn't like the new update, or the way the player-base was being treated when expressing their dislike for it. I decided to make a post about the shiny rate being fair and filled it with a lot of BS maths that were misleading, however it was not my intention to mislead anyone. Shiny rate is 1/30k, according to devs. I must say it did feel good telling a mod he was wrong, even when presented with irrefutable (impossible to deny or disprove) evidence, much like they do to us. They use reasons like "you can make more money now with the new amulet coin" and use math to back that up, but leave out the fact that to really take advantage of this you have to play CONSTANTLY, and are still losing out because you have to buy multiple amulet coins to get through a money run. I recently used my amulet coin that I got from story, it lasted me 800 hours. This time, it lasted 1. It is not fair. 

edit: just finished my 1 hour money run, made 150k, nothing compared to the millions I've made off of it in the past. 

Also, by chances I mean the direct definition of the word, "A possibility of something occuring"

Edited by blankf4ce