Animated PNG (APNG) signatures disabled?

I can try to recreate the image as a gif but I'm afraid I'll lose a lot of quality. I did try to reset and add the sig again, and it's animated in the preview, until I save it.

I ask also because I had planned on creating apng sigs for players, but will abandon that idea if they no longer work here.

14 minutes ago, Kole said:

I ask also because I had planned on creating apng sigs for players, but will abandon that idea if they no longer work here.

They still work and are still allowed so you don't have the abandon the idea. I don't know why your signature is not working though.

1 hour ago, Dibz said:

Where are you importing it from? They updated which image hosting sites are allowed to be displayed on forums while you were gone 

It's Imgur so it should be fine.. simply copying and pasting makes it work so I'm not sure what the issue is :s

Lrgto2w.gif

3 hours ago, Kole said:

I just came back and noticed my signature is no longer animated. Is this something that was changed while I was away?

I reccomend removing the signature and saving and then adding it again to see if that fixes it, it's probably due to what dibz said that stopped it from working in the first place. 

Edit: nevermind the picture was animated when I was posting it but after posting it it is not animated anymore :S I have no clue sorry :(

Edited by ShinyAsh

I can't find anything on why the animation would have been disabled here, it makes a lot less sense when you consider the quality and size difference compared to gif

This image works just fine as I'm typing this, but will probably also not work once on the thread.

V3LnU9w.png

Converted to .gif, showing difference and loss of quality

cqCcPNL.gif

Just another test aPNG file to find out if size restrictions are being imposed, causing no animation. This animated png file is 11kb

v80cj5g.png

Still borked.

@Kyu@Squirtle

Did you guys switch from ImageMagick on host, or did IPB disable support for this?

Edited by Kole