LEFTOVERS NERF *LAST UPDATE THING*

Just now, Loullaby said:

What is this "repel trick" thing?

Having a Pokémon level 40 in the front of your team and using a repel to repel anything that's level 39 and under so you can only encounter either a Snorlax,Hypno or venomoth

5 minutes ago, Rache said:

We reduced the levels of wild Snorlax because it was too easy to repel trick. The dex currently lies about it, but that'll be fixed in a future update.

Well maybe be more specific.  You reduced the level to get rid of the repel trick because it was too easy(lucrative) to farm leftovers. I assume this since the majority of updates have effect current strategies to farm pokeyen. If that was the issue why not reduce the rate of which leftovers are held on said snorlax instead of taking away the current best way to farm snorlax encounters for shiny?

32 minutes ago, MoxieMozzie said:

Well maybe be more specific.  You reduced the level to get rid of the repel trick because it was too easy(lucrative) to farm leftovers. I assume this since the majority of updates have effect current strategies to farm pokeyen. If that was the issue why not reduce the rate of which leftovers are held on said snorlax instead of taking away the current best way to farm snorlax encounters for shiny?

In my opinion they would of done it more for wanting to keep snorlax a rare Pokémon (as it should be) leftovers was never a gamebreaking way to farm yen and I think the lack of leftovers would annoy a lot of PvP players, maybe sinnoh could bring new access to leftovers in some way.

However.. the exact same method can be used elsewhere too for other 'rares' that also hold valuable PvP items such as Absol & Life Orbs (almost 3x as much money as leftovers) which afaik are still available with the repel trick soo...? Not sure why snorlax alone has took the hit.

You can still hunt a shiny snorlax it's just gonna actually be rare from now on which will also make it much more of an achievement when you do find one & I hope you do :) 

Edited by ShinyAsh
22 minutes ago, ShinyAsh said:

In my opinion they would of done it more for wanting to keep snorlax a rare Pokémon (as it should be) leftovers was never a gamebreaking way to farm yen and I think the lack of leftovers would annoy a lot of PvP players, maybe sinnoh could bring new access to leftovers in some way.

However.. the exact same method can be used elsewhere too for other 'rares' that also hold valuable PvP items such as Absol & Life Orbs (almost 3x as much money as leftovers) which afaik are still available with the repel trick soo...? Not sure why snorlax alone has took the hit.

You can still hunt a shiny snorlax it's just gonna actually be rare from now on which will also make it much more of an achievement when you do find one & I hope you do :) 

Hey I appreciate it! Soon Tm.. Gunna have to egg hunt from now but I won't stop til I get that shiny

Not sure if this is just me having bad luck, but since the update I have been getting a lot less encounters using the repel trick (20+super repels without a single encounter before posting this). It does still work though. 

Edited by blankf4ce
  • 3 weeks later...

Please just revert this dumb change. There was no harm in having snorlax being repel trick-able. Especially since even if you did repel trick, you could just as well run into venomoth or hypno instead of snorlax.

This basically destroys the leftovers economy since there’s no longer an effective strategy to farm leftovers.

Edited by BoltBlades12
28 minutes ago, WildHodor said:

How does it destroy leftovers economy? If at all it will be one of the few items whichs value does not fall and maybe even increase a little bit

- Value hasn't increased or maintained, it has gotten less

- Now there's no longer an effective way to hunt leftovers, so people give up

Edited by BoltBlades12
11 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

- Value hasn't increased or maintained, it has gotten less

- Now there's no longer an effective way to hunt leftovers, so people give up

People giving up leads to less leftovers while demand is the same leading again to higher prices. Nice and simple economics. And last time i checked they were not hit as hard by pricechanges as other items, if at all (they were at 44k - 50k pre-update)

Edited by WildHodor
12 minutes ago, WildHodor said:

People giving up leads to less leftovers while demand is the same leading again to higher prices. Nice and simple economics. And last time i checked they were not hit as hard by pricechanges as other items, if at all (they were at 44k - 50k pre-update)

and now i check the gtl, they are still around 45k, the exact same as how they were before the update. so much for that value increase.