OT Asterisk

How do I get rid of asterisk? * "This pkmn doesn't count since parents not OT"

Example: I catch female Zigzagoon and then buy male Pikachu off GTL. When I breed there is an asterisk.. even though my zigazgoon I already own. I have it as caught OT already from the one I caught earlier, why does it matter if the new one wouldn't count?

How can I remove the asterisk

Edited by r52
4 minutes ago, Munya said:

IIRC other players don't see the asterisk, theres no way to remove it from you seeing it though.

Dang that is dumb.

Even if I trade it away and then trade back for it?

10 minutes ago, Akshit said:

If the female species is OT, there is no asterisk. Never happened with me.

I guess somewhere in the line with breeding I must've used 1 non-OT.

I still think it's dumb - even if you have an OT pkmn, if you use one that's non-OT for breeding it gives you the warning. You already have the OT one so it doesn't matter for your dex.

Edited by r52
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Eternith said:

OT* indicates that somewhere along the line a parent (most likely a female) didn't have your OT.

However, as @Munya stated, the asterisk is only visible to yourself.

However, you can still use non OT mons in a breed, as long as you make the offspring male, and breed with a female that has your OT.

actually you are wrong there to some degree. all the pokemon in a breed but 1 can be from random OT (unless it has changed since i left a few months ago). the only pokemon that need to be your OT to not have the * is your main breed aka the race of pokemon you want at the end it is often wrongfully refered to has the main female. in most case it is more usefull to have an OT female that will remain a female until the end but you can also use a male of that specie with your OT if you use ditto for a part of if not all the breeding process ( i have never checked what would happen if you breed a male and female of the same race if the female isn't your OT though so watch out for that just in case).@r52

10 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

actually you are wrong there to some degree. all the pokemon in a breed but 1 can be from random OT (unless it has changed since i left a few months ago). the only pokemon that need to be your OT to not have the * is your main breed aka the race of pokemon you want at the end it is often wrongfully refered to has the main female. in most case it is more usefull to have an OT female that will remain a female until the end but you can also use a male of that specie with your OT if you use ditto for a part of if not all the breeding process ( i have never checked what would happen if you breed a male and female of the same race if the female isn't your OT though so watch out for that just in case).@r52

I have often used non OTs for breeds and I've never gotten OT*. But if I made an error in my comment, then I apologize. 

On 8/17/2019 at 11:02 AM, Eternith said:

I have often used non OTs for breeds and I've never gotten OT*. But if I made an error in my comment, then I apologize. 

i wouldn't say it is an outright error but rather something that was left vague enough that it could have easily led to further missunderstanding of the mechanics

On 8/17/2019 at 11:02 AM, Eternith said:

But if I made an error in my comment, then I apologize

who are you and how did you managed to become staff with that attitude???

(messae for higher ranking staff please don't kill this one we need more people with that attitude (especially higher on the hierarchy))

1 hour ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

i wouldn't say it is an outright error but rather something that was left vague enough that it could have easily led to further missunderstanding of the mechanics

who are you and how did you managed to become staff with that attitude???

(messae for higher ranking staff please don't kill this one we need more people with that attitude (especially higher on the hierarchy))

I made an error and I admit to it. If my comment was vague indeed, then I should've perhaps elaborated more. That was a flaw on my side. 

But your comment set that straight, and I'm glad the person asking the question received a ... better formed, answer, I guess, haha.