Speculative Economy Discussion

Hi there, this is the part of PokeMMO that is most interesting to me, and I'd generally like to talk about how the economy is going to respond to how a lot of changes in the new patch were introduced. I'd like to clarify that this isn't a uguuing or complaining thread. How anyone feels about Berry Farming, Amulet Coin, or Lucky Egg changes isn't supposed to be in this type of discussion, and I'd more so like to have an objective conversation about where things will go after these changes.

Some fun facts to consider:

Before this change, for the raw amount of time one put in, Berry farming was a little over 3x more of an efficient way to use your time to gain yen, and the most popular berries to sell have been slashed in half.

Creation of yen is much slower due to Gym Battles with the new amulet coin being the king of efficiency now for creating your yen. Multi-acounters with berries can still make a ton of money, but a ton are probably discouraged now due to their rate of returns.

A few questions I'd like to pose is:

How will this effect "basic" economy items like Everstones, Shards, Heart Scales? Will they see the same price, or will they deflate?

What will happen to limited vanities in terms of their prices? Will they drop considerably due to much less yen being created by everyone, or will they stay the same price?

What speculative prices will Amulet Coins, Vouchers, and Lucky Eggs stabilize at?

Discuss!

Edited by Raichu4u
1 hour ago, Raichu4u said:

Hi there, this is the part of PokeMMO that is most interesting to me, and I'd generally like to talk about how the economy is going to respond to how a lot of changes in the new patch were introduced. I'd like to clarify that this isn't a uguuing or complaining thread. How anyone feels about Berry Farming, Amulet Coin, or Lucky Egg changes isn't supposed to be in this type of discussion, and I'd more so like to have an objective conversation about where things will go after these changes.

Some fun facts to consider:

Before this change, for the raw amount of time one put in, Berry farming was a little over 3x more of an efficient way to use your time to gain yen, and the most popular berries to sell have been slashed in half.

Creation of yen is much slower due to Gym Battles with the new amulet coin being the king of efficiency now for creating your yen. Multi-acounters with berries can still make a ton of money, but a ton are probably discouraged now due to their rate of returns.

A few questions I'd like to pose is:

How will this effect "basic" economy items like Everstones, Shards, Heart Scales? Will they see the same price, or will they deflate?

What will happen to limited vanities in terms of their prices? Will they drop considerably due to much less yen being created by everyone, or will they stay the same price?

What speculative prices will Amulet Coins, Vouchers, and Lucky Eggs stabilize at?

Discuss!

i think everstones,shards and heart scales should deflate, but looking at the stock in the gtl this will not happen.

through out the time i believe amulet coins and lucky eggs will have about the same end as everstones. (i think players will overexploit this items while they can since sinnoh's PTS will start which means the new region is near).

One thing I would like to mention before this topic gets too in depth.

While the price of berries have been slashed in half, the price of seeds has gone down. The startup cost for a liechi class tree is now approx 4k, and a tree will, on average, produce almost 7k.

The old profits were 5.5k average, and the new profit is 3k average, potentially going to go up if the price of seeds continue to fall.

Also, the price of an amulet coin is currently far below the amount of extra money gained with gym rematches, due to the old 25% buff being increased to 50%

Taking in all these factors, the only decrease in yen production would be from bots. And bots, as a whole, only seemed to affect the price of vanity items with the massive inflation.

I doubt much will change, rather, this just gives people new ways to make money with coin/egg farming.

Only recently released vanities seem to be getting a price decrease. I don't see a day where flaming skull mask drops to 80m or something so low. Berry farming will still be the most profitable way to get money IMO even if they were nerfed. 

I just think this will increase the cap between older and newer players. Rare vanities will still be expensive. Maybe even more expensive than before (talking about real and not nominal value) Some idiots may say hey jack o lantern is now 50m and before it was 60m. But farming that 10m difference is twice, if not three times, harder than before.

The funny thing is that RP price has increased. Nice nice nice