Secret bases remake

Zrambox

Question

(Sorry for the bad english, I use google translate)

Currently in Pokemmo, the secret bases lack functionality and hardly have a multiplayer component, in addition to being limited to a single region. Taking advantage of the future inclusion of Pokémon platinum and the new secret bases that it includes, I have thought of a new system for the bases that reinforces the multiplayer facet and makes them more prominent:

-The bases could be made at any point on the ground of a route in any region (with exceptions in some specific places that can undermine the experience in some way like doing it on the tall grass)

-When the owners of the secret bases were online the entrance to their bases would be visible to the rest of the players, while they have activated a key item (it could be the explorer kitxL87_FOAlP6u7sBSrPhIwoDOrPvPoK5_6JPzQUMrq5ARr2yCvHpun1gHbl4rlEAIfJLGWlFy1VqI4W6XgjGYHYiKw7tGxAG9ORvTqFKXryhj9T6RTIfFokIewz9BJD1m4sFG7MgG, for example, or other new item created for this function) that would allow seeing the bases of others and letting they see your own, that avoid damage the playable experience when you do not want to visit bases of other players because of the inevitable fact that all the ground of multitude of routes would be filled with these entrances.

Y483rTx8-eZXglWdBL0BZJGbGInIDZ-t8tJvPdAFKROEQByN97LxXW16o4R3j8d19VFFCoJZUlZZq4YQvN4bXx-4YW-UVGGmM_j_50Kdj5w5OTspdWv_RulbDRbfz9e4IVn5yk6i

Here is an example of how you could see the entrances, showing the bases already visited as "open" to differentiate from those that have not yet been visited.

-To visit one of these bases it would be enough to press the "A button" in front of the entrance, indicating to which base we want to enter in case several online players had the base in the same place.

-When you want to create a secret base, it would be enough to use secret power in the place where you want, indicating, before confirming if you want to made the base, how many players apart from you (online at that moment or not) have their base in that same place .

-The bases visually would be those that can be found in the underground of Sinnoh but with a locked perspective for the correct inclusion of the decorations of the third generation.

Xk8X72NYrg9Ude7fcWOCVBDydz1riWbiVJl7wWXPIV-zPEyfvf4v1McBLAhCSbbwpgC6AOHYQHhVuIV03RH396iThHLUBSEzLqNMpOFpYd5ThnJbnY3zwi8o4-7dxmTQhnnBZouZ

Example of how the secret bases could look, showing us how with a locked perspective the elements of the third generation would visually fit with those of the fourth generation.

-When interacting with the PC of another player's secret base we could:

• See the trainer card of the base owner

• Rate the secret base: There would be a ranking with the most beautiful secret bases based on a scoring system from 1 to 5 based on the notes given to you by your secret base visitors using this option.

• Challenge the owner of the base: This option would send a battle petition to the owner of the base. In case of accepting this, he would teleport directly into the base. (If the owner is busy or in any room such as the battle frontier or the Pokémon league, he cannot be challenged)

-Once inside the secret base after being teleported, the owner of the base can, using the base PC:

• Access the storage of Pokémon: Allowing to be able to prepare for the battle.

• Access the ranking of secret bases: It allows you to see your score, your position in the classification, the number of victories in battles of secret bases and the top of the 100 players with the best bases.

• Start the battle

-In a battle through secret bases, the winner gets flags, which, along with some money, would be necessary to buy decorative items or to remove rocks. Being defeated would always subtract 1 flag. Example:

• Players with 25 or less victories in battles for secret bases would give 1 flag when defeated

• Players with victories from 26 to 50 would give 2 flags

• Players with more than 50 wins would give 3 flags.

-You could challenge the same player once every 21 real hours.

-If one of the two players leaves the secret base before start the battle, they cant be challenged again until after 21 hours.

-Once the battle is over, the owner of the base can, interacting with the PC:

• Access to the storage of Pokémon: being able to put back the team previous to the battle.

• See the ranking of secret bases.

• Teleport to your previous location: leaving you at the exact spot where you were before accepting the battle.

-Once the battle is over, the challenger player could not score the base visited, thus avoiding this value with a bad score as a revenge after losing.

-When you are at your base and have not been teleported by another player, the PC options are:

• Access the ranking of secret bases

• Decorate (as long as your base is not accessible by other players.)

I think that with this system the players will give much more importance to the secret bases, thus opening the possibility of selling totally new decorative elements for RP. All decorative elements should also can be stored in the bag to be able to trade with them through the GTL, but once used they are linked to the base and it is no longer possible to trade with them.

I would like to thank all the creators behind Pokemmo, for made a pokemon game with active updates and quality content now that game freak seems to havent put effort on the future games. The creators of Pokemmo now have the responsibility of keeping the pokemon world alive and progressively creating the game that all fans have dreamed of. Seriously, thanks.

I have a LOT of more suggestions, I will post them in the future.

4 answers to this question

On 7/24/2019 at 10:04 AM, Zrambox said:

Y483rTx8-eZXglWdBL0BZJGbGInIDZ-t8tJvPdAFKROEQByN97LxXW16o4R3j8d19VFFCoJZUlZZq4YQvN4bXx-4YW-UVGGmM_j_50Kdj5w5OTspdWv_RulbDRbfz9e4IVn5yk6i

Xk8X72NYrg9Ude7fcWOCVBDydz1riWbiVJl7wWXPIV-zPEyfvf4v1McBLAhCSbbwpgC6AOHYQHhVuIV03RH396iThHLUBSEzLqNMpOFpYd5ThnJbnY3zwi8o4-7dxmTQhnnBZouZ

Good afternoon Zrambox, I hope you are doing well. In general, your suggestion looks solid, but I would like to list my concerns:

-When interacting with the PC of another player's secret base we could:

• See the trainer card of the base owner

• Rate the secret base: There would be a ranking with the most beautiful secret bases based on a scoring system from 1 to 5 based on the notes given to you by your secret base visitors using this option.

• Challenge the owner of the base: This option would send a battle petition to the owner of the base. In case of accepting this, he would teleport directly into the base. (If the owner is busy or in any room such as the battle frontier or the Pokémon league, he cannot be challenged)

1. Privacy: There are some people that may not want to expose their trainer card in game. If they do, then some hide their Battle Point and PokeYen amounts. If there is a way that you can hide that sort of information, then I would be more comfortable with this feature.

2. Self-esteem: I personally do not care what others may think of my base layout, but there may be some people out there that do. If Bob's Base is a 1 out of 5, then he may have his feelings hurt and quit the game.

3. Schedule Issues: Let's say that you're watching a tournament take place at Silph Co and all the sudden, a wave a battle requests come in. Technically, the owner is not "busy" in game because he/she is walking around, but he/she may want to hang out with their friends or do a gym run in peace. If there is a way to turn on/off this feature, then overall satisfaction for this suggestion would go up.

-Once inside the secret base after being teleported, the owner of the base can, using the base PC:

• Access the storage of Pokémon: Allowing to be able to prepare for the battle.

• Access the ranking of secret bases: It allows you to see your score, your position in the classification, the number of victories in battles of secret bases and the top of the 100 players with the best bases.

• Start the battle

1. This concern has already been addressed. It cannot happen, I am sorry for the disappointment. If you can, then please give this suggestion a read:

2. The Victory Scores in your base is a good idea, however, we need to omit the Classification score or else, we are playing MySims (PokeMMO Version).

3. I would like to wish good luck to you and the battler. There are some people who hold tournaments in their own Secret Bases back when Hoenn was still the new region.

-In a battle through secret bases, the winner gets flags, which, along with some money, would be necessary to buy decorative items or to remove rocks. Being defeated would always subtract 1 flag. Example:

• Players with 25 or less victories in battles for secret bases would give 1 flag when defeated

• Players with victories from 26 to 50 would give 2 flags

• Players with more than 50 wins would give 3 flags.

I have no problems with this part of the suggestion, so I am not going to give any commentary on it.

-If one of the two players leaves the secret base before start the battle, they cant be challenged again until after 21 hours.

-Once the battle is over, the owner of the base can, interacting with the PC:

• Access to the storage of Pokémon: being able to put back the team previous to the battle.

• See the ranking of secret bases.

• Teleport to your previous location: leaving you at the exact spot where you were before accepting the battle.

1. As mentioned previously, this cannot happen. The development team already closed the door on this:

2. As long as it is the Victory Rankings and not the Classification Rankings.

3. That is a good plan, I commend you for thinking of this.

-Once the battle is over, the challenger player could not score the base visited, thus avoiding this value with a bad score as a revenge after losing.

-When you are at your base and have not been teleported by another player, the PC options are:

• Decorate (as long as your base is not accessible by other players.)

1. Battles are important to the ranking score. As long as you delegate the scoring towards the battles, then you don't have to worry about the revenge scoring (unless you battle the same person again and lose the battle).

2. Why not? My friends had a lot of fun decorating their bases while I was inside them. A friend of mine once trapped me in the middle of a Pretty Desk, but I laughed it off. That was the beauty of decorating with people around, also if you feel trapped, then there should be a "Leave" button at the bottom right of your screen.

----------------------------------------------------------

There is some good things suggested here, but if you can do a little more work on some of the features, then I may up-vote your suggestion. I appreachiate the amount of enthuasium you have towards the game. Good luck on your in game endeavours!

- Bf

3 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Good afternoon Zrambox, I hope you are doing well. In general, your suggestion looks solid, but I would like to list my concerns:

Thanks for the reply! I will give an answer for each point, hopefully we can find the best way to carry out an improvement for the secret bases:

3 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

1. Privacy: There are some people that may not want to expose their trainer card in game. If they do, then some hide their Battle Point and PokeYen amounts. If there is a way that you can hide that sort of information, then I would be more comfortable with this feature.

2. Self-esteem: I personally do not care what others may think of my base layout, but there may be some people out there that do. If Bob's Base is a 1 out of 5, then he may have his feelings hurt and quit the game.

3. Schedule Issues: Let's say that you're watching a tournament take place at Silph Co and all the sudden, a wave a battle requests come in. Technically, the owner is not "busy" in game because he/she is walking around, but he/she may want to hang out with their friends or do a gym run in peace. If there is a way to turn on/off this feature, then overall satisfaction for this suggestion would go up.

1. I know there are players who don't like to show the amount of money or battle points they have. I have many other suggestions, one of them is a remake of the trainer card that show much more information (like PVP Elo, battle frontier symbols, it even includes a system of "stars" that are added as you get new achievements as in the main games) This would help players get goals in order to show off their trainers cards and this also includes an option to hide the data you want, including money and battle points. The current trainer card is not interesting to show, I wrote that thinking about a new future version of them.

2. Maybe a system of likes would work better? just show the number of likes, you would never see how many people did not like the decoration of your base.

3. See this:

On 7/24/2019 at 5:04 PM, Zrambox said:

the entrance to their bases would be visible to the rest of the players, while they have activated a key item (it could be the explorer kitxL87_FOAlP6u7sBSrPhIwoDOrPvPoK5_6JPzQUMrq5ARr2yCvHpun1gHbl4rlEAIfJLGWlFy1VqI4W6XgjGYHYiKw7tGxAG9ORvTqFKXryhj9T6RTIfFokIewz9BJD1m4sFG7MgG, for example, or other new item created for this function) that would allow seeing the bases of others and letting they see your own

if you don't want to be bothered you can only turn off the key item and nobody can challenge you : ) 

4 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

1. This concern has already been addressed. It cannot happen, I am sorry for the disappointment. If you can, then please give this suggestion a read:

1.I know that access to the pokemon storage in secret bases in normal conditions would be to exploitable, cause of that I wrote that the storage is only accessible after being teleported by another player. See:

• Decorate

Players can only be teleported to their base by the same player once every 21 hours:

And if you leave the base the "pokemon storage" option disappears, which makes it impossible to cheat. The reason for including storage is to allow players to prepare for battle if they have a farm team or something like that when they were challenged. If developers enable the battle box that would also solve the problem.

2. The Victory Scores in your base is a good idea, however, we need to omit the Classification score or else, we are playing MySims (PokeMMO Version).

3. I would like to wish good luck to you and the battler. There are some people who hold tournaments in their own Secret Bases back when Hoenn was still the new region.

2. I like My sims hahah

3.Unfortunately, I haven't even had the chance to see another player's base yet

1. Battles are important to the ranking score. As long as you delegate the scoring towards the battles, then you don't have to worry about the revenge scoring (unless you battle the same person again and lose the battle).

2. Why not? My friends had a lot of fun decorating their bases while I was inside them. A friend of mine once trapped me in the middle of a Pretty Desk, but I laughed it off. That was the beauty of decorating with people around, also if you feel trapped, then there should be a "Leave" button at the bottom right of your screen.

1. When I write "secret base ranking" I mean a list with the best scored bases give by other players based on the decoration, the battles dont affect the ranking (the battle, in principle, is only to get new decorations through the flags obtained). With the change for likes replacing the 1/5 scores the revenge reviews dont would be a problem, so you can like the base when you want.

2.I only made that annotation because I thought it would be impossible to decorate a base when there are players inside (I already tell you that I have never had the opportunity to visit one..) But if it is something that can already be done there is no problem with it!

5 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

There is some good things suggested here, but if you can do a little more work on some of the features, then I may up-vote your suggestion. I appreachiate the amount of enthuasium you have towards the game. Good luck on your in game endeavours!

Thx!

35 minutes ago, Zrambox said:

Thanks for the reply! I will give an answer for each point, hopefully we can find the best way to carry out an improvement for the secret bases:

1. I know there are players who don't like to show the amount of money or battle points they have. I have many other suggestions, one of them is a remake of the trainer card that show much more information (like PVP Elo, battle frontier symbols, it even includes a system of "stars" that are added as you get new achievements as in the main games) This would help players get goals in order to show off their trainers cards and this also includes an option to hide the data you want, including money and battle points. The current trainer card is not interesting to show, I wrote that thinking about a new future version of them.

2. Maybe a system of likes would work better? just show the number of likes, you would never see how many people did not like the decoration of your base.

3. See this:

if you don't want to be bothered you can only turn off the key item and nobody can challenge you : ) 

1.I know that access to the pokemon storage in secret bases in normal conditions would be to exploitable, cause of that I wrote that the storage is only accessible after being teleported by another player. See:

Players can only be teleported to their base by the same player once every 21 hours:

And if you leave the base the "pokemon storage" option disappears, which makes it impossible to cheat. The reason for including storage is to allow players to prepare for battle if they have a farm team or something like that when they were challenged. If developers enable the battle box that would also solve the problem.

2. I like My sims hahah

3.Unfortunately, I haven't even had the chance to see another player's base yet

1. When I write "secret base ranking" I mean a list with the best scored bases give by other players based on the decoration, the battles dont affect the ranking (the battle, in principle, is only to get new decorations through the flags obtained). With the change for likes replacing the 1/5 scores the revenge reviews dont would be a problem, so you can like the base when you want.

2.I only made that annotation because I thought it would be impossible to decorate a base when there are players inside (I already tell you that I have never had the opportunity to visit one..) But if it is something that can already be done there is no problem with it!

Thx!

1. I still believe that Trainer Card info should be seen via screenshot instead of receiving that information in the base.

2. Well, I don't want Secret Bases to turn into Facebook without the Dislikes. Bases don't need to be rated, imagination shall have no bounds.

3. I am glad that you addressed this point.

1. As long as you cannot stay there with the PC option, I guess that is alright. Although the tile format may not work too well with the PC feature in Secret Bases as addressed previously in another suggestion.

2. You may like MySims, but some people may like to be creative without boundaries. The reason why I brought up MySims was due to in game characters rating your designs that you made in a workshop. PokeMMO can have a rating system, but I would encourage you to focus more on the Battling aspect of the base. It is good to have decorations, but in the end, this is more like your personal Battle Arena.

3. Don't worry, there is a good chance that you may see another player's Secret Base if you play long enough to have a large friend pool.

1. I like the Battling scores a lot better than the decoration scores. Battling takes skill rather than decoration which forces you to decorate the way how the public wants you to decorate. This was also why I brought up MySims, you have certain requirements on how to decorate certain furniture. I don't want to turn Secret Bases into the Facebook Secret Bases.

2. I am happy to help you on knowing the experiences of Base Decorations (although I still never forgot who put a table on top of my sprite, dark memories..).