Lucky egg, are you kidding me?

I play this game on and off for a while, mostly in short periods.

I still remember spending over two days farming chansey trying to obtain lucky egg. It was my most valuable item on my account. Last time I played the price for lucky egg was over one milion which is more than entire remaining wealth combined on my account. I often considered selling it because I did not have money but it was such an useful item I decided to keep it, especially after all the effort I put into obtaining it.

And now it's just straight up nerfed, basically killing the price of it? It was so difficult to obtain so price was rightfully so very high.

I feel like I was just robbed of my most valuable item.. Why wasn't this changed into another item of the same value or least converted into average market price straight into your pocket? Why do we get goddamn consumable instead? 

No other mmo game would convert one of the rarest-most difficult items to obtain into 1 hour consumable.. at least not without giving you some kind of compensation. This is a goddamn joke.

I would not like to be in position of people that probably spent months farming lucky eggs and selling them as main source of income. If someone had like 50 of them, he just lost over 37 milions (old price vs current price).

Edited by FTR

Man, it was the same also when they introduce the breeding system also for pokemon like starmie, metagross etc., a lot of people (including me) lost several milions. 
I don't disagree with updating the game, but i think a refund is necessary when you create a big loss for the players, especially in case of people that don't own a lot of valuable items/pokemon/vanities. 

Edited by Genka
4 minutes ago, Genka said:

Man, it was the same also when they introduce the breeding system also for pokemon like starmie, metagross etc., a lot of people (including me) lost several milions. 
I don't disagree with updating the game, but i think a refund is necessary when you create a big loss for the players, especially in case of people that don't own a lot of valuable items/pokemon/vanities. 

Well yeah. When someone has like 100+ milion on his account he may not feel like as much. But for me even 100k is a lot, and 1 milion is a huge deal. 

I mostly play with my friends after each big update/region expansion and breed pokemon on very basic level (aiming for just 2-3 stats).

I played many mmos and I never saw players wealth being taken away so lightly..

Edited by FTR
2 hours ago, FTR said:

No other mmo game would convert one of the rarest-most difficult items to obtain into 1 hour consumable.. at least not without giving you some kind of compensation. This is a goddamn joke.

Actually....

Ok so with a living and growing economy, external factors (like a change of mechanics and rarity) in this game are something that happen. I get that you're mad but dude, stuff like this happens a lot and it makes sense. A free market always involves risk, it's a literal characteristic of one. I lost hella money when premier balls went down from 1m to like 1k, and stuff like this will keep happening on non-limited stuff.

Also, have you tried gym grinding? It's not that hard to make a mil lol. Takes just over an hour even if all you do is a gym run and breed a couple comps to sell.

20 minutes ago, Dibz said:

Actually....

Ok so with a living and growing economy, external factors (like a change of mechanics and rarity) in this game are something that happen. I get that you're mad but dude, stuff like this happens a lot and it makes sense. A free market always involves risk, it's a literal characteristic of one. I lost hella money when premier balls went down from 1m to like 1k, and stuff like this will keep happening on non-limited stuff.

Also, have you tried gym grinding? It's not that hard to make a mil lol. Takes just over an hour even if all you do is a gym run and breed a couple comps to sell.

The thing is, this is easily preventable and all is required is some good will of the developers.

Compensate people by for example changing existing lucky eggs into 1hour lucky egg+ some vanity item of somewhat similar price on the market. There, problem solved.

Another extremely simple solution, make existing lucky eggs unusable but increase their value to around 1milion so we can sell them in the shop to get our money back. There, even better, simpler and more fair solution. I actually seen other games that actually care about their players do this when they had to remove valuable items in order to make changes to the game.

But they just don't give a f* because they know sheep won't say a word anyway. How can you even defend this? This is not a real word, this is a game in which they can do many things with a flip of a switch and a simple decisions. They just don't even try to be fair towards the players.

And no I am not gonna grind money in a game in which they take your wealth away, and waste my time to undo being screwed up by game devs. I would rather stop playing the game entirely, like I did in some other games when they made questionable choices like this (goodbye hearthstone).

I may sound a bit aggressive here but such lack of fairness and utter lack of respect for players time and money is something extremely frustrating and unacceptable. People should stand up against stuff like this. I am actually baffled everyone is so calm about this issue.

And it's not even about money. No matter if we talk about 100, 1000, 1000000 or more. Its the principles of it. People these days are way too forgiving when it comes to stuff like this so they are more and more exploited every day. By media, services, entertainment, governments and so on.

Edited by FTR
1 hour ago, FTR said:

ompensate people by for example changing existing lucky eggs into 1hour lucky egg+ some vanity item of somewhat similar price on the market. There, problem solved.

This isn't good will, this is you feeling like you should be compensated, you're entitled to nothing here.

1 hour ago, FTR said:

, make existing lucky eggs unusable but increase their value to around 1milion so we can sell them in the shop to get our money back.

Means more inflaction, and then again it's not meant to be sold like that.

2 hours ago, FTR said:

But they just don't give a f* because they know sheep won't say a word anyway. How can you even defend this? This is not a real word, this is a game in which they can do many things with a flip of a switch and a simple decisions. They just don't even try to be fair towards the players.

And being fair, is to please you, or is it to push the game forward? Either way you're not forced to play, you're unhappy, quit. Look at Teamunicorn when genderless became easier to breed.

For real i can stand for the amulet coin change (farm money on this game is the most painful activity of all online games, but i can bear it), but nerf the only item that helps you to level on a midly decent rhytm???? I swear even using it take a Pokemon to lv 100 is almost impossible, i hope they reconsider to at least change de lucky egg to what it used to be

1 hour ago, Tylerthebomb said:

---How to kill player base on a game 101--- i wonder if the devs even play this game. Ive played this game since 2013 and seen a dev online one time in my entire playtime.

Feelings are not facts.

It's true that some players have negative views about this update but others see it as a positive change. 

I do not think that the admins change things on a whim like you suggest. They seems to know their game and even though they can be wrong, just like all of us, they try to enhance the economy & the experience for the majority of players in the long term. It can make people unhappy in the short therm because they have to change the way they play but it's for the best.

Edited by Vicanhson
6 minutes ago, Vicanhson said:

Feelings are not facts.

It's true that some players have negative views about this update but others see it as a positive change. 

I do not think that the admins change things on a whim like you suggest. They seems to know their game and even though they can be wrong, just like all of us, they try to enhance the economy & the experience for the majority of players in the long term. It can make people unhappy in the short therm because they have to change the way they play but it's for the best.

I agree and disagree. you are right feelings are not facts. but that saying goes both ways, just because some people agree and like the update does NOT mean that its a positive change. Unfortunately i do believe this was a whim update, not only that but it also pushes players to spend money. you can not seriously sit there and look at the new donor status tickets and tell me that Is not pay to win. all i have to do is buy 100$ worth of those tickets and sell each one for 200k  of in game currency and be massively rich. Its very blatant that the devs are prioritizing that $$$$.

12 minutes ago, Tylerthebomb said:

I agree and disagree. you are right feelings are not facts. but that saying goes both ways, just because some people agree and like the update does NOT mean that its a positive change. Unfortunately i do believe this was a whim update, not only that but it also pushes players to spend money. you can not seriously sit there and look at the new donor status tickets and tell me that Is not pay to win. all i have to do is buy 100$ worth of those tickets and sell each one for 200k  of in game currency and be massively rich. Its very blatant that the devs are prioritizing that $$$$.

We've been planning to convert these items towards consumable buffs for over 3 years due to concerns with both the number of them being piled up year after year, but also with them (due to their original design) being less of a 'boost' and more of a new money/exp floor.

We announced that we had future plans for them around the time that we nerfed their rates considerably.

The nature of the items being converted into consumables opens up new possibilities for new and old players alike, as well as a new market to take advantage of for those willing to farm them and those willing purchase them from other players.

They now promote more active gameplay.

The implementation of RP Vouchers was a decision made to help aid players who wanted trade their RP with others, and prevent them from being scammed.

These two things are separate from each other, not reliant - it just so happens that they ended up being placed in the same update.

11 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

We've been planning to convert these items towards consumable buffs for over 3 years due to concerns with both the number of them being piled up year after year, but also with them (due to their original design) being less of a 'boost' and more of a new money/exp floor.

We announced that we had future plans for them around the time that we nerfed their rates considerably.

The nature of the items being converted into consumables opens up new possibilities for new and old players alike, as well as a new market to take advantage of for those willing to farm them and those willing purchase them from other players.

The implementation of RP Vouchers was a decision made to help aid players who wanted trade their RP with others, and prevent them from being scammed.

These two things are separate from each other, not reliant - it just so happens that they ended up being placed in the same update.

Regardless of what you guys tried to do here with this update, i dont expect nor want a change in this update it would just destroy the economy more than it has already. This game has lost significant value to not only me but to a massive amount of people. I wish i could crunch the numbers but for now all i can do is make an educated guess based on the people i have talked to and the posts i have seen. I actually used to put money into this game because i felt the devs actually cared about the game and not profits. this was the update we got, not the update we wanted :(. 

5 minutes ago, Tylerthebomb said:

Regardless of what you guys tried to do here with this update, i dont expect nor want a change in this update it would just destroy the economy more than it has already. This game has lost significant value to not only me but to a massive amount of people. I wish i could crunch the numbers but for now all i can do is make an educated guess based on the people i have talked to and the posts i have seen. I actually used to put money into this game because i felt the devs actually cared about the game and not profits. this was the update we got, not the update we wanted :(. 

I can attest to this, a large number of my friends ingame are feeling discouraged from playing because of the change to both the Lucky Egg and Amulet Coin. Many of us are donators and have been playing this game for a long time. After this change we will no longer be donating my $25 every month. I feel like it is a direct insult to the players and an obvious money grab. At the very least make a consumable version of the Amulet coin and hell, just nerf the original further. I have been playing this game for well over five years and this is by far the worst update I have seen.

In addition, I do not see what has been gained by making players unable to use fainted leads for their abilities. Now I have to keep my Magcargo alive for flame body whereas normally I would rebattle trainers.

46 minutes ago, Aldenius said:

I can attest to this, a large number of my friends ingame are feeling discouraged from playing because of the change to both the Lucky Egg and Amulet Coin. Many of us are donators and have been playing this game for a long time. After this change we will no longer be donating my $25 every month. I feel like it is a direct insult to the players and an obvious money grab. At the very least make a consumable version of the Amulet coin and hell, just nerf the original further. I have been playing this game for well over five years and this is by far the worst update I have seen.

In addition, I do not see what has been gained by making players unable to use fainted leads for their abilities. Now I have to keep my Magcargo alive for flame body whereas normally I would rebattle trainers.

i appreciate the input. lets just hope the devs and the "big dogs" hear everyones displeasure with the new update and attempt to make it right. how they go about doing that is on them. imagine making an amazing game that people love to play and enjoy logging on every day just to shove something noone wanted down their throats. goodluck devs, your money grabbing efforts have yielded you the exact opposite of what you wanted.

2 hours ago, Tylerthebomb said:

Oh trust me, its not that massive, the lucky eggs were nerfed 2 years ago as a warning to what would happen eventually. This was the update I personally wanted, just like many that understand how detrimental berry farming is, but look I think Farmville is still up and running, go play it.

Edited by razimove

The change on the Lucky Egg was already mentioned when they added Unova, they said it was being reworked into a more obtainable and common version of it in the future. This announcement came with a nerf to the Lucky Egg's exp boost so it was pretty much a given it was going to change.

I myself much prefer x2 Exp Boost for an hour instead of a x1.1 Exp Boost (Which is less than the 'Different Trainer Exp Boost') on a permanent item. It is much less of a hassle.

13 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Can you explain to me how does this change "promote more active gameplay"?

With this change devs dropped the values of lucky egg hunting by 1/4 or more depending how low the prices will drop. makes me really want to hunt those items more actively now that i get paid less! 

The only way it "promotes more active gameplay" is because it took away permanent boosts for everyone and replaced it by mobile tier 1 hour bonusses that need to be farmed over and over again.

I love the berry nerf but i dont get this.

Maybe im missing something...

Edited by EazyDog
9 hours ago, EazyDog said:

Can you explain to me how does this change "promote more active gameplay"?

With this change devs dropped the values of lucky egg hunting by 1/4 or more depending how low the prices will drop. makes me really want to hunt those items more actively now that i get paid less! 

The only way it "promotes more active gameplay" is because it took away permanent boosts for everyone and replaced it by mobile tier 1 hour bonusses that need to be farmed over and over again.

I love the berry nerf but i dont get this.

Maybe im missing something...

Prob you missing the rates of getting lucky egg were RAISED, and theres a new lucky egg but smaller xd

Btw, is better having a 50-100% exp boost that  can be farmed, remember the exp charms(tickets) were only +25% for an hour, and the prices were rising since they were released

Its not bad at all, it gives a chance to everyone to have that kind of items.

Plus, promotes active gameplay cuz everyone wanna take rid of that boost which is TRULLY better.

I think you're absolutely right.

Two of the most important objects of the game (lucky egg and amulet coin, that were already weakened) have been nerfed in such a shameful way with the Changelog 23/07.

I think that small changes can't be bad if useful for a good online experience, but changing completely the rules of the original games (including the "your first pokemon must be alive so that the outside battle ability works" rule ) it's just a way to kill the game experience.

On 7/24/2019 at 2:22 PM, razimove said:

Well, it's pretty known there is only 2 things that are safe bets to hold in this game, limited vanities and pokeyen.

So you're saying that we should sell everything in our bags before each update? You're crazy man

This is one of those decisions that will not solve preexisting problems but rather create bigger ones to be solved, as always, with less-than-optimal measures, to say it kindly.

In a Pokemon game where there is no real post-game (stuff not yet implemented, like most of the Battle Frontier) and people just go around grinding, some of the most important items get just straightly killed. So yeah, it is that massive, because sooner or later people will realize that there is no further reason to keep playing an MMO where you have absolutely nothing more to do compared to any other game, an MMO where all you can do is grinding and you get stripped of what you got every single time.

And by the way, messing with the Amulet Coin was really mean, especially since it hits harder players who started playing more recently, and realized that without the (still poor) help of the amulet coin, one cannot even afford pokeballs once reached the next town. In a Pokemon game!