Lucky egg, are you kidding me?

On 7/24/2019 at 4:22 PM, FTR said:

The thing is, this is easily preventable and all is required is some good will of the developers.

Compensate people by for example changing existing lucky eggs into 1hour lucky egg+ some vanity item of somewhat similar price on the market. There, problem solved.

Another extremely simple solution, make existing lucky eggs unusable but increase their value to around 1milion so we can sell them in the shop to get our money back. There, even better, simpler and more fair solution. I actually seen other games that actually care about their players do this when they had to remove valuable items in order to make changes to the game.

But they just don't give a f* because they know sheep won't say a word anyway. How can you even defend this? This is not a real word, this is a game in which they can do many things with a flip of a switch and a simple decisions. They just don't even try to be fair towards the players.

And no I am not gonna grind money in a game in which they take your wealth away, and waste my time to undo being screwed up by game devs. I would rather stop playing the game entirely, like I did in some other games when they made questionable choices like this (goodbye hearthstone).

I may sound a bit aggressive here but such lack of fairness and utter lack of respect for players time and money is something extremely frustrating and unacceptable. People should stand up against stuff like this. I am actually baffled everyone is so calm about this issue.

And it's not even about money. No matter if we talk about 100, 1000, 1000000 or more. Its the principles of it. People these days are way too forgiving when it comes to stuff like this so they are more and more exploited every day. By media, services, entertainment, governments and so on.

nothing strange, we are always the same people talking on the forum while all the other players are unintrested in the game developing and accept every update then complainig in private with their friends. Personallu I have many friends doing the same.

On 7/25/2019 at 1:21 AM, razimove said:

Oh trust me, its not that massive, the lucky eggs were nerfed 2 years ago as a warning to what would happen eventually. This was the update I personally wanted, just like many that understand how detrimental berry farming is, but look I think Farmville is still up and running, go play it.

You' didn't get the point. We are OK with nerfing objects that would be too powerful or with mechanics that would break the game.

Moereover for your information, there are hundreds of posts about nerfing berry farming and no one complained about the new untradeability of seeds or the nerf of berries selling prices to NPCs (if you noticed).

And YES, LOTS of players have lost their interest (even donators) after every update; many of them keep on playing just because they started years ago and don't want to throw away all the time spent an the game.

So...no I don't trust you.

I personally think its quite funny. I also lost a lot of money on the nerfs, and I'm definitely not happy about that, but at the end of the day it is what it is. I also think its obvious that the nerf to lucky eggs specifically was going to happen considering it was mentioned a long time ago when Unova came out.

For everyone saying that they've donated loads over the years, congrats. I'm sure the devs appreciate your support and you're the reason why the game is still running, so thanks for that. Having said that, just because you've donated -- regardless of the amount, doesn't mean the game will be catered towards your specific needs. Regardless of anybody's complaints, these things literally happen in almost every single game with a free market. I think somebody mentioned this on one of the first few pages? nerfs happen. buffs happen. Players were warned about an egg nerf. Any long term players have seen many buffs too, but obviously you wouldn't complain at that because it actually makes you money, right? 

People quitting over this makes me laugh, its a huge double standard. ''Devs only care about money, wah!'' while simultaneously complaining that you've lost money. What happened to enjoying the game because its a cool game with tons to do? 

I can guarantee half the people who have stated they are quitting are low-key refreshing the forum for Plat PTS. 

3 minutes ago, Zuladra said:

Playing a game to have fun, how can this be so hard to understand? This is not real life!! Again, this is a freaking game where having fun is suppose to be the goal! I don’t want to spend 90% of my time doing random, repetitive and uninspiring things just to be able to actually enjoy the game!

You should probably drop any and every MMO if this is the case.

4 minutes ago, Zuladra said:

Where does it come from?

I stopped playing because I feel the game is not fun anymore. 

Yet you're still here, no?

Believe me, I'm not criticising you or anybody else who has said they've quit, but just pointing out a fact. You just proved it yourself.

2 minutes ago, Zuladra said:

What fact? Did you actually read my post or just picked the words you wanted to see?

Because my original comment was talking specifically about lucky eggs and the price nerf. Nothing you originally said was relevant to any point I made, so I naturally assumed you were salty about the lucky eggs? Otherwise I don't know why you'd respond to my comment since you wouldn't have been a target yourself?

Even when I mentioned people quitting and coming back, this was all still relevant to my lucky egg rant, so once again this wouldn't have been aimed at you.

I'm confused.

On 7/24/2019 at 12:31 PM, razimove said:

And being fair, is to please you, or is it to push the game forward? Either way you're not forced to play, you're unhappy, quit. Look at Teamunicorn when genderless became easier to breed.

Just saying but maybe the devs don't have to piss off people with every update they do. The compensation for the lucky egg lost would have been much easier to do by automating it than for the genderless. I am aware it wouldn't have saved them from all the backlash from the change but at least the people wouldn't feel has betrayed by the devs. 

I feel like i said that before but telling people to just quit if they are unhappy can feel the same way has if you said kill yourself if you are unhappy with life because you can't do anything about it. It may be true to some instances but there is always hope and you are working hard to kill them.

21 minutes ago, Zuladra said:

Don’t worry this is only friendly talk, I apologize if I made you feel uncomfortable :)

I quote your comment but to answer in a more general way to all the peoples that are use to, here on the forum, say random things like “people that complain will keep play anyway” or “stop complaining and quite”, “you are nothing here”, “you don’t know what you are talking about”. That’s not really positive to read and upset me a lot since I started using the forum. Giving feedbacks, even negative ones to a game developer is not a bad thing if it can help improving the overall experience for all. Everyone plays game differently, but I hope, we all do because it’s fun..?

No no, not uncomfortable just very confused. Although I think I know what you mean now after reading what you just said after that.

What I said wasn't supposed to be a ''stop complaining'' thing, I just found it funny that people have been 'quitting' specifically over the lucky egg nerf, because of the double standard.

I see your point and actually agree with what you just said.

1 hour ago, Zuladra said:

Constructive criticism toward a game you like, and giving feedbacks to the game designers is not something a sheep can understand I guess (you asked for it).

/shrug

Been called worse

Regardless, to bring up WoW grinding in comparison to this game completely over exaggerates what you expect from endgame content. In the end, this is still just a ROM file of classic pokemon games just with multiplayer aspects. The only reason changes like these are necessary to keep the MMO concept of it relevant is to eliminate items that players can just stockpile overtime and sell for relatively high prices that can just be compared to that of EXP boosts, the object is to reduce prices of said items to a more reasonable price and encourage player activity.

Now whether you see that as 'pointless grinding' is all your opinion, this was something, like DS said earlier, they had intended to implement since 2016. 

Baa

Many people here discuss the change of lucky egg itself and kinda missed the point of this thread.

I created this thread not because I give a f*  about this change, but because wealth was taken away straight out of my inventory without any sort of compensation.

On 7/24/2019 at 6:31 PM, razimove said:

Means more inflaction, and then again it's not meant to be sold like that.

This is one of the most ignorant counter-arguments I ever heard.

In your opinion fighting inflation justifies taking players wealth away? So for example if government decides one day that inflation needs to be fought by taking your money away from your pocket and tell you tough luck, you would be fine with it?

Sure inflation may be the problem but there are other means to fight inflation, and not being fair towards people is not one of them. Especially since this is a video game, free of many real-life limitations.

Letting us sell the lucky eggs to shop for the market value after nerfing them this hard is the only fair solution. All major mmo games I played did this. Can you imagine the outrage that would happen if they wouldn't refund people for removing their runes in league of legends? They refunded the full amount of points people spent on them when they removed runes in order to make changes to the game.

You do not take players wealth to combat inflation. You combat inflation by selling useful items in the npc shops that reduce amount of the money in the game since any money used in this way is gone from the game forever. Or they could simply sell some middle tier vanity items for big sums of pokeyen. Or probably thousand other ways I don't even know about.

Edited by FTR
5 hours ago, lallo17 said:

So you're saying that we should sell everything in our bags before each update? You're crazy man

Where did I tell you that? What I told you is to avoid betting your money in half beaten horses. The change was announced 2 years ago, so it was expected, it was already known they were going to be a consumable. 

You' didn't get the point. We are OK with nerfing objects that would be too powerful or with mechanics that would break the game.

Moereover for your information, there are hundreds of posts about nerfing berry farming and no one complained about the new untradeability of seeds or the nerf of berries selling prices to NPCs (if you noticed).

And YES, LOTS of players have lost their interest (even donators) after every update; many of them keep on playing just because they started years ago and don't want to throw away all the time spent an the game.

So...no I don't trust you.

I do get the point, do I care about you? Thats the question, I dont. The game has to move forward, going back to the dittos rework, it helped the competitive scene, move forward, made it more competitive. This update is an attempt to force you to be more active, while removing the biggest problem of the game, inflaction. 

6 minutes ago, FTR said:

This is one of the most ignorant counter-arguments I ever heard.

In your opinion fighting inflation justifies taking players wealth away? So for example if government decides one day that inflation needs to be fought by taking your money away from your pocket and tell you tough luck, you would be fine with it?

Sure inflation may be the problem but there are other means to fight inflation, and not being fair towards people is not one of them. Especially since this is a video game, free of many real-life limitations.

Letting us sell the lucky eggs to shop for the market value after nerfing them this hard is the only fair solution. All major mmo games I played did this. Can you imagine the outrage that would happen if they wouldn't refund people for removing their runes in league of legends? They refunded the full amount of points people spent on them when they removed runes in order to make changes to the game.

You do not take players wealth to combat inflation. You combat inflation by selling useful items in the npc shops that reduce amount of the money in the game since any money used in this way is gone from the game forever. Or they could simply sell some middle tier vanity items for big sums of pokeyen. Or probably thousand other ways I don't even know about.

You are comparing 2 different things, remove your tinfoil hat for now please.

So the change, was ANNOUNCED 2 years ago, if you listen to them or not, it's your fault, Kyu even told us it would become a consumable, if it wasn't Kyu, it was Darkshade. That's point 1.

It would help inflaction, cause you're given a standard for an item that didn't have one, it was a player based market, meaning in 1 day it could be worth 50k if the player base decided so and started dumping them all in GTL. And once again, they're not taking away your money, they could, which would be wrong, they are finally changing something promised 2 years ago. 

Spoiler

check Farmville man, it's up I promise

Edited by razimove
xd
3 minutes ago, razimove said:

You are comparing 2 different things, remove your tinfoil hat for now please.

So the change, was ANNOUNCED 2 years ago, if you listen to them or not, it's your fault, Kyu even told us it would become a consumable, if it wasn't Kyu, it was Darkshade. That's point 1.

It would help inflaction, cause you're given a standard for an item that didn't have one, it was a player based market, meaning in 1 day it could be worth 50k if the player base decided so and started dumping them all in GTL. And once again, they're not taking away your money, they could, which would be wrong, they are finally changing something promised 2 years ago. 

Whether it was announced or not is completely irrelevant. Assumption of people not receiving your message, source of which you cannot even pinpoint accurately is not an excuse to screw them over. I took time and just for you I checked every thread in "Announcements" and there is not a single mention of lucky egg there anywhere, therefore you lying. Not that it even matters if there would be any mention of it since that's something they shouldn't have done regardless if they announced it or not. And again I don't care about the change. They can change whatever they want as long as item market value stays the same.

And it's something that would be caused by the very same change they made. That value drop would be caused by them, which would also be bad since it's taking players wealth away, just in a different way than changing one of most expensive items into 1h consumable. So again failed argument.

Now please stop white knighting devs which rob over their own players, that's sickening. 

@FTR just want to say that kyu did mention the lucky egg change once way back in a random thread in general discussion with the biggest place where it was written was in an unofficial upcoming update that is probably quite buried by now. All of it was in general discussion and fairly easy to miss if you didn't pay close attention. But the moment kyu said he wanted to make lucky egg consumeable the market crashed hard but it went back up when everybody forgot about it.

On 7/26/2019 at 11:41 PM, ImFunk said:

they nuked the berry farmers & we should be celebrating but here we are arguing about an item that gives 10% extra experience. sad! 

Personally, as a berry farmer, I am very happy about that part of the update and I AM celebrating because it was really needed as one of the main problem of the inflaction in game (not as somebody else say amulet coin or selling lucky egg -.-) but we are talking about the massive and unjustified money loss caused to those who have lucky eggs and found themselves deprived of one of the most valuable items of the game.

Edited by lallo17