Crying for Amulet Coin

The last update about Amulet Coin really hurts our players badly.I have to say  the change deprived the freedom of online time while you used Amulet Coin because you don‘t hope wasting time on others things except battling with NPC lest low using ratio of Amulet Coin,But if you feel bored and want to do something else or there is some more important things happened halfway will waste the time of Amulet Coin.Besides the number of Amulet Coins in market is limited and the price will also rise.I know the update is aimed to increasing the playing time and playing actions of players,but it made us feel strongly forced.Don't you think it just drains players' enthusiasm and goes back on the aim of staff?

Edited by soulfulwing
18 minutes ago, soulfulwing said:

The last update about Amulet Coin really hurts our players badly.I have to say  the change deprived the freedom of online time while you used Amulet Coin because you don‘t hope wasting time on others things except battling with NPC lest low using ratio of Amulet Coin,But if you feel bored and want to do something else or there is some more important things happened halfway will waste the time of Amulet Coin.Besides the number of Amulet Coins in market is limited and the price will also rise.I know the update is aimed to increasing the playing time and playing actions of players,but it made us feel strongly forced.Don't you think it just drains players' enthusiasm and goes back on the aim of staff?

If you log out the timer for the amulet coin will stop and will start again once you log back in. If you need to do something else and don't want to waste the effects of it logging out still saves time. 

Edited by Tsiy
2 hours ago, Tsiy said:

If you log out the timer for the amulet coin will stop and will start again once you log back in. If you need to do something else and don't want to waste the effects of it logging out still saves time. 

I meant that If you feel bored with battling with NPC and wan to do something else "in the game",for example making eggs,going to Safari Zone and etc, or take part in activities held by the staff halfway

Edited by soulfulwing
34 minutes ago, Lavalu said:

It's a multiplayer game, the more consumable items the better for the economy.

Killing enthusiasm of battling with NPC is bad for basic economy,basic economy is more crucial,especially for new players.New players are new life to this game

Edited by soulfulwing

4 minutes ago, soulfulwing said:

Killing enthusiasm of battling with NPC is bad for basic economy,basic economy is more crucial

But depending on your clear speed you get more money from coin amulet. So how is this killing enthusiasm for npc battles. And actually all 3 nerfs (eggs, amulet and berries) were pretty good for economy and to support more active playstyles

36 minutes ago, WildHodor said:

But depending on your clear speed you get more money from coin amulet. So how is this killing enthusiasm for npc battles. And actually all 3 nerfs (eggs, amulet and berries) were pretty good for economy and to support more active playstyles

But you have to pay for the price of a Amulet Coin for every hour(suppose that you can make full use of a hour every time). You may have to select a suitable period  on purpose for the precious 60 minutes lest you are interrupted.As the time goes by,you may feel it is bother to use new Amulet Coins.Besides the price of Amulet Coins probably goes up because of huge demand.There will be no freedom about Amulet Coins

Edited by soulfulwing
32 minutes ago, Lavalu said:

Maybe make it battle based instead of time based; one can still chill out while running but the item is still consumable

I talked to Darkshade about this and they said they tried it on a per battle basis at first but ultimately decided on time. I think I'd like it if there were two varients of the amulet coin that did this.

2 hours ago, soulfulwing said:

I meant that If you feel bored with battling with NPC and wan to do something else "in the game",for example making eggs,going to Safari Zone and etc, or take part in activities held by the staff halfway

If you were going to use the amulet coin you should plan ahead of time that your goal for that hour should be about obtaining money not getting sidetracked with other things that would just be wasting your time.

32 minutes ago, Zuladra said:

This is a FACT.

Time based means you are locked into the thing you have started, taking away part of the fun doing it.

Why gyms rematch, one of the safest way to make DESCENT money, as to be treated like it is an extra end-game feature?

Do you have a real explanation, please? :)

The Elites 4 were not a way to make money anymore already, even with a full baton pass comp team.

It seems the gyms rematch are going to be a stressful thing to do now.

And Frisk not telling you if it's a Quick claw or an Amulet coin making the grind even harder.

Having the right poke, able to take 5 hits for many turns, but not killing with "Thief" is not easy.

I run a full defensive comp Gothitelle, in case you wonder.

The hardcore players here do not seem to understand most of us can't spend 2H a day to farm for an item that is the basic to make HONEST money.

(And an other 2H to trash talk people on the forum with answers like : "you are dumb", " you don't know what you are talking about", " if you are unhappy with the change just quit the game" :

No comment.)

We will adapt to the change NOT because it's better, but because we are forced too.

I used to do gyms rematch everyday in about 1H30, as my only source of money. It combined a way to make cash and to level up.

I do not feel the motivation to keep doing it simply because it means locking the few hours I have doing straight money grind.

Someone talked about planing? All I want is being able to make AVERAGE money while stopping for a bit to battle with a team-mate that just connected.

Grind is boring. And being able to have FUN in-between a repetitive task was great!

Also, what about the drawback for new players doing story?

Thanks for reading, and to the devs for making this game :)

Maybe our voices will be heard?

Have fun everyone! :D

This is another solid point. Because of the timer, I can no longer stop and enjoy the game in the middle of a money run. I am forced to continue doing a boring, repetitive task for an hour while my friends are doing other, fun things. I would go so far as to say that I am dis-incentivized to reply to chat, both channel and my team, because I am locked into rushing to get as much money as possible, whereas before I would freely respond and help out players with questions in chat. While money runs were not my primary source of income before, this is certainly not the case for a lot of players, especially newer players, including many of my in-game friends who feel entirely disheartened at their severely reduced ability to make money. I sincerely hope the developers will hear our protests and revise this change, as it can only improve the overall gameplay experience for the majority of the playerbase.

Let's be real. First of al we only lose 25% of Pokéyen, Pokéyen wich undergoes huge inflation so the purchasing power is rekt. On the long run you make more money, i.e. purchasing power, because of the deflationary charachter of this patch.

10 hours ago, Tsiy said:

If you were going to use the amulet coin you should plan ahead of time that your goal for that hour should be about obtaining money not getting sidetracked with other things that would just be wasting your time.

But don’t feel you are forced to do such kind of average actions?

Besides,new Amulet Coins are unfriendly to new players because of low income in early stage,even they can't earn the cost of new Amulet Coin,so their purchasing abilities become weaker,and difficulties in development come up

Edited by soulfulwing
1 hour ago, soulfulwing said:

Besides,new Amulet Coins are unfriendly to new players because of low income in early stage

You realize that in storyline, +25% of almost nothing is still nothing right? RIGHT?

On the other hand, you just need to rematch and beat 8 gyms in a 1 hour window to get same profit that you had before with older amulets, giving you still plenty of time to do other stuff. Also, gym runs should be easier now cuz u dont have to carry an amulet all the time.

Here is my take on the updated mechanics:-

1. Berries: Berries made me rich. Rich enough to make large donations to both new players, and my previous team for the purposes of event prizes, etc. All of which contributed to worthwhile team events that built engagement with other players, and good prizes to motivate player participation. After all, the point of an MMO is participation between individuals. I think the previous update went far enough, in terms of mart sell prices, to balance the line economically and stabilise inflation to the point of market sustainability. Devs obviously felt differently, and they are no doubt privvy to information we as the player base are perhaps not. I think this further reduction will, most likely, turn out to be marginally detrimental to the overall viability of the economy and, by the tone of a substantial amount of feedback I have heard, player retention/participation rates, but perhaps there is a bigger objective afoot, or I could be wrong, of course. Time will tell the tale in this case. Berry farming is now an almost redundant task, although potentially still profitable if we take into account the reduced prices of seeds on GTL. 

2: Lucky Eggs: For people who had invested their money in them, I feel for you. Its never pleasant to have an investment crash and burn, but, that is the nature of any economy that is not obscenely regulated. Products become redundant, values change, fluxes in supply and demand vary and sometimes, losses are incurred. For me, the only two stable investments are hoarding pokeyen, or comp pokemon. I invested in pokemon. Will I take a slight hit to the overall asset value initially? Quite possibly, but that will inevitably stabilise as changes are adjusted too. The actual mechanics of the new lucky egg are undeniably better, in my opinion, IF there is the increase in availability that the changelog alludes to. If not, the devs will most likely experience a mass exodus of people who have donated out of sheer spite. Unfortunate, but, perhaps for the future viability of the game overall, unavoidable. 

3: Amulet Coin: Easy to farm, for a mathematically improved outcome. In 10 minutes today, I got four. Easily the easiest change to swallow for anyone that stops and critically thinks about it. Will it affect new players as dramatically as some seem to feel, in my opinion, not particularly. It may, in fact, with clever play, accumulate wealth more efficiently for new players given the vastly superior 1.5x buff. 

Managing an MMO can not be an easy task, and I have no doubt the devs had, from their perspective and insight, highly rational and valid reasons for making these changes. Some are alluding to a pay to win objective, a, shall we say, deliberate orchestration of seeking more donations. I think it is wise to remember that time is not free. The devs clearly dedicate vast amount of their time bringing this MMO experience to us, and frankly, increased donations will only inevitably improve the game for both those who donate and those who either choose not to, or perhaps are not so fortunate as those who can.