Long-Term Effects of Recent Update and Future Suggestions

8 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

I'd hate to say, but because PokeMMO doesn't have a line of credit within the game, inflation and deflation is pretty much strictly based off of the creation and destruction of this yen in this game. If even there was a limited trading card you were wanting to sell me that was worth $20 and overnight the dollar became worth double of itself, you would end up selling your trading card for $40 the next day.

Surely I agree that some people log off and never log on again, and some of these limited cosmetics actually somehow get destroyed too. But simple supply and demand scales would not tip these items to become 100% of what it originally was worth in a matter of a year or two. That's an inflationary problem.

You are absolutely correct, but I highly doubt the large prices of cosmetics are caused by inflation. But gaining value over time. That's not a fact that I can support, that's solely a personal opinion of mine that you are more than welcome to agree or disagree.

Also those people having cosmetics that gain long term value and not logging on for long time, it actually helps them settle back into the game. 

Edited by PrincessDia
fix
1 minute ago, Raichu4u said:

I still think having that high of a rate of yen return was still very abusable by multi-acounters though, and harmed every casual player more than it harmed, even if they participated in berry farming itself.

It only harmed those who wanted to buy limited time cosmetics and high demand shinies really. The abundance of Comps reduced prices because of the supply and demand which I would argue helped newer players. From what I saw in pricing in GTL. It was a very small percentage of people who had lots of money who consistently farmed. There is also no way of doing a re-balance of inflation without cutting everyone's money. I'd argue that setting everyone's money that is above 20 million to 20 million would be a good solution so we don't discourage newer players who desperately need that money and it would curb inflation by a lot.

16 minutes ago, immortalfox19 said:

It only harmed those who wanted to buy limited time cosmetics and high demand shinies really. The abundance of Comps reduced prices because of the supply and demand which I would argue helped newer players. From what I saw in pricing in GTL. It was a very small percentage of people who had lots of money who consistently farmed. There is also no way of doing a re-balance of inflation without cutting everyone's money. I'd argue that setting everyone's money that is above 20 million to 20 million would be a good solution so we don't discourage newer players who desperately need that money and it would curb inflation by a lot.

I've also seen that happening, in another MMO, not only they made whole community mad, inflation did not get any better. There is a solid proven fact in game design and any veteran game designer can confirm this. Money entering the market has to be balanced by equal amount of money sinks to prevent game economy inflation. Our only decent money sink is probably breeding items and your everyday consumables, like pokeballs and stuff. So reducing money given by NPCs is an essential change if it outweights the sinks.

I also would love if we take luxuries and extreme minorities out of this topic now and focus on our real problem of transaction from post-story to end-game. 

I think to motivate the more casual players to play online, there could be a casual matchmaking in which (it feels weird to say this...) comp mons would be banned

Basically it would be a mode where people with 1x31 or 2x31 IV pokemon could battle

I mean all we would have to do is put a kind of "battle value" which is calculated from some stats of the pokemon, for example IVs and EVs, and which would make it possible to spot it as a comp mon

I mean I don't have the details, and also I haven't thought much about the loopholes of this idea, but I think instead of pushing everyone to go comp we could let them have fun online but have them stay casual

6 minutes ago, RyuutaYosei said:

I think to motivate the more casual players to play online, there could be a casual matchmaking in which (it feels weird to say this...) comp mons would be banned

Basically it would be a mode where people with 1x31 or 2x31 IV pokemon could battle

I mean all we would have to do is put a kind of "battle value" which is calculated from some stats of the pokemon, for example IVs and EVs, and which would make it possible to spot it as a comp mon

That would just create an alternate metagame, with say a cap on 6x15 and 205 EV.

In the end, some players would breed custom 'comp' pokemon to wreck the noobs.

Edited by axx
On 7/24/2019 at 3:09 AM, PrincessDia said:

Also we lack variety on matchmaking. Let me tell you straight. This UI is WRONG!
PvPUI.jpg

Our different tier ranked games start at different times but since we greet our players with OU interface immediately, other tiers can't really get attention, if we moved ranked info to a new tab and presented timer for all 3 tier queues on single screen there will be more people willing to play other tiers, "Oh, UU rankeds are up, I'll go play UU instead an unranked OU"

NewUI.jpg

That's all from me now, thanks for your time reading!

This was my first reaction to the "Why isnt anyone playing UU/NU matchmaking?" as well.

I believe I told Kyu about it directly, but I don't think he understood the importance of default effect in decision making or how it applied to the UI.

1 hour ago, axx said:

That would just create an alternate metagame, with say a cap on 6x15 and 205 EV.

In the end, some players would breed custom 'comp' pokemon to wreck the noobs.

Well yeah that's one of the loopholes... But it would still be more accessible to the more casual players than full comp

1 hour ago, RyuutaYosei said:

I'm not a fan of this at all.

Competitive play is the main endgame here and we should be pushing these casual players towards it, not away from it.

Bad players using bad Pokémon against other bad players will not help them improve at all. They need to learn how to play the game at a competitive level and the best way of doing so is by losing & learning from your mistakes. 

If your argument is for players who don't want to play competitively, I don't think this would help them. This would just be another competitive meta but with worse Pokémon. I guarantee you will still see standard OU teams with just less IVs, and that does nothing for casual or competitive players. 

8 minutes ago, ImFunk said:

Competitive play is the main endgame here and we should be pushing these casual players towards it, not away from it.

Bad players using bad Pokémon against other bad players will not help them improve at all. They need to learn how to play the game at a competitive level and the best way of doing so is by losing & learning from your mistakes. 

If your argument is for players who don't want to play competitively, I don't think this would help them. This would just be another competitive meta but with worse Pokémon. I guarantee you will still see standard OU teams with just less IVs, and that does nothing for casual or competitive players. 

If they made only non ranked matchmaking for this suggested mode, and only rewarded 100 BP for a win, why would anyone bother playing it who is good enough to make a 31IV team?

2 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

why would anyone bother playing it who is good enough to make a 31IV team?

Making full comp teams is expensive, even for comp players themselves. This would be a much cheaper way for players to test out teams before investing money into making them competitive. 

Even if competitive players stick to regular matchmaking, what do casual players gain? They beat a few story teams with little reward, and then get stomped when they try regular MM.

I don't think we want to promote casual players settling for using bad Pokémon in the minor league of matchmaking. We want them to learn how to play the game and get involved with the rest of the community. 

5 minutes ago, ImFunk said:

I don't think we want to promote casual players settling for using bad Pokémon

I think we should stop giving out the 15 IV neutral nature starter then if that is the case.

Just now, Raichu4u said:

I think we should stop giving out the 15 IV neutral nature starter then if that is the case.

We need starters to have set IVs so players don't restart until they get a good starter, or just to alt farm for easy money, making all starters worthless.

Also, my argument is strictly for post-game play. If casual players get rocked against real teams in MM, they'll just settle for using bad Pokémon and only playing casual MM. I think we want to avoid separating the community as much as possible, and from the little information we have, it seems dungeons will be good for this. 

(from what we know so far) Dungeons will benefit both casual & competitive players, and will likely be a  co-op type feature. So this pretty much solves the issue of not having a mid-tier activity for casuals. 

54 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

If they made only non ranked matchmaking for this suggested mode, and only rewarded 100 BP for a win, why would anyone bother playing it who is good enough to make a 31IV team?

If there are people making comp pokemons around level 20 to stomp newbies, if there are people getting to lower BP brackets for ego satisfaction, If there are people coming to this thread to make a post composed of 90% flex, trust me they will bother.

It wouldn't really solve anything tbh, because post-story people will have some nice IV mons that are quite good but not quite comp-ready they would love to use those Pokemon in battles.

1 hour ago, ImFunk said:

I 100% agree with this. The main problem is, how scary the steep curve is to get started, lacking anything to do other than no-life grinding for a really prolonged period of time. Please keep in mind those people don't have mons ready to efficiently rebattle gyms or know efficient routes to farm on trainers.

So on an average player expect a daily income of 150k~ that's like 2 months of no-purpose grinding assuming they have a life.
And we are assuming that they will make no mistakes with breeding or buying mons that are disguised as comp but lacking some egg moves or such.
They are expected to make those mistakes. So to get started, approx 3 months of no-life grinding.

How attractive is that for a regular player? Little to none, they will move on.

Edited by PrincessDia
1 hour ago, PrincessDia said:

If there are people making comp pokemons around level 20 to stomp newbies, if there are people getting to lower BP brackets for ego satisfaction, If there are people coming to this thread to make a post composed of 90% flex, trust me they will bother.

It wouldn't really solve anything tbh, because post-story people will have some nice IV mons that are quite good but not quite comp-ready they would love to use those Pokemon in battles.

I 100% agree with this. The main problem is, how scary the steep curve is to get started, lacking anything to do other than no-life grinding for a really prolonged period of time. Please keep in mind those people don't have mons ready to efficiently rebattle gyms or know efficient routes to farm on trainers.

So on an average player expect a daily income of 150k~ that's like 2 months of no-purpose grinding assuming they have a life.
And we are assuming that they will make no mistakes with breeding or buying mons that are disguised as comp but lacking some egg moves or such.
They are expected to make those mistakes. So to get started, approx 3 months of no-life grinding.

How attractive is that for a regular player? Little to none, they will move on.

So far the players I play with seem to beat all regions in a 2-3 week period and take another week or 2 to get a gym rebattling team together. From there they can make 1 comp every 2 or 3 days and for just a team of 6 they need another 2-3 weeks. So not quite 3 months but 1 month if they are a no-lifer and 1 month and 2 weeks for someone a little more casual to have 6 comp pokes they can use for pvp.

This is what it seems like so far. I try and compare them to my hard grinding but it's tough. I beat the whole game in 4 days on my first character so when I hear they just beat the second region on week 2 I think wow.... I don't know how it takes them that long in some cases. Some of them playing literally every day like me too. No offense to them but I just don't get it.

I agree that 1 month and 2 weeks is still scary for any player though. And that's just for the first 6.

Edited by immortalfox19

Thanks guys you screwed every way to create money, and forced people to spend their whole day in a online game just to get decent stuff (300k a day lol) and try to keep up with the older players that already should have 100m+ on their accounts.

And why only focus on competitive play? I've met new players and they also want shiny mons and vanities.

If trying to get a shiny was already tough before considering you had to spend some time on it, guess now that you have to spend at least 4 hours to get money for some leppas.

Oh and of course you can farm gtl by buying and selling stuff but sure every noob has 2m+ capital after finishing the story to do so right?

They could just train their pokemon up a little bit on route 12. Rapidash is weak to both water and ground (surf and earthquake) and gives solid exp. This would allow them to start doing money runs re-battling trainers (Unova is the best for this), and eventually work their way up to rematching gym leaders. This update hurts everyone, not just newer players. We all have to buy amulet coins before doing money runs now. imo this make me feel rushed to finish as many battles as quickly as possible. It takes a lot of the fun out of the game. Rematching gym leaders at my leisure was one of the only times I got to enjoy the pokemon I've caught and trained. (I'm done trolling now dw, my last post was made in direct response to this update,  you might also be interested to know they silently nerfed the repel trick for snorlax aswell)

25 minutes ago, Zuladra said:

I can’t agree more.

Yes, sadly. I just wished we could be taken a bit more into account when giving feedbacks. Even if most of us are just casuals, how would be any MMO without its noobs? ^^

Check my most recent post if you want to see what happens when you give feedback, it really is sad. 

9 hours ago, Asterrrr said:

Thanks guys you screwed every way to create money, and forced people to spend their whole day in a online game just to get decent stuff (300k a day lol) and try to keep up with the older players that already should have 100m+ on their accounts.

And why only focus on competitive play? I've met new players and they also want shiny mons and vanities.

If trying to get a shiny was already tough before considering you had to spend some time on it, guess now that you have to spend at least 4 hours to get money for some leppas.

Oh and of course you can farm gtl by buying and selling stuff but sure every noob has 2m+ capital after finishing the story to do so right?

Well actually after all three regions you should have about 3m