Long-Term Effects of Recent Update and Future Suggestions

Another essay of mine, there is no TL;DR so there is the door if you are lazy. Get out!

Now that's out of the way,
Especially @Kyu I beg you to hear me out. I really want to point something out here, we have an open wound in PokeMMO which causes a player to flinch once they finish stories of all regions. Shiny hunting, steep curve of casual to competitive play, berry raising or any similar end-game things require a decent budget to get started. While I agree this is hard to remedy without making things too easy or ruining economy. There is no reason to make it worse. Let's give a quick review to economy changes of the recent patch.

Berry vendoring was a huge cause of money entering to economy, these things always serve as an inflation cause in MMO environment so even though it hurts me too as a Liechi raiser, I will not deny this is healthy for economy.

Here is where things get tricky;

Let's pause and think about Amulet Coin for a second. Most likely Amulet Coin price will stabilize around the point where it is profitable to buy one when you do a full rich trainer re-battle run. Which approximately takes 1 hour for a veteran player anyways.

For people who just got out of story, they will most likely have a team of level 50-60 non-optimized pokemon in their hands where rebattling would take much longer time so buying an amulet coin would be non-profitable for them. They basicly won't complete a full rich trainer re-battle run before amulet coin expires.

This gives a fresh player 2 options, farm without an amulet coin, or farm meowths for one. Option 1 will be much more unviable compared to it's previous state as the money they get will be tooooo low for the time spent, so let's check option 2, farming meowths.

Since they won't make a full run in time with coin, for new players selling the coin itself will be a much better option. So you might think, "Hey, what's so wrong about selling amulet coins?"

Previously, Amulet Coin provided an equal ground for everyone, so while earning their money, fresh players could also raise their levels to a point where they could meet their next goal, being able to rebattle Gyms. Now this will split their path, money or experience?

Is this a huge issue? Technically it shouldn't be, because if they go money route, they will also most likely be able to afford new lucky eggs for a big boost in experience when necessary. But the problem is, this is only the case for people with knowledge of how those charms work. Most fresh players will have no idea about how things work in post-game and they will feel extra scared about playing further for higher goals.

Now about long term effects of this...

There is a thin line of balance between making things too easy and making things too scary for fresh players. For example, obedience limit updates were a great addition to balance how easy the story is by overleveling one Pokemon and stomping things. And I believe we are dangerously leaning on "too scary" part for post-story at the moment.

There are examples of big companies who thought they would never run out of new players but they went into a huge black hole by losing that thin balance, including but not limited to Blizzard Ent, Riot Games, etc. They are desperately trying crazy things to get back players or invite new players now. Let's not fall into that state.

There are things we need to fix and I'll give my probably not perfect but "could be built on" suggestions.
Before that I'll give an honorable mention to an MMO requiring more co-op play to be more inviting to friend groups but I'll skip things regarding to that since I'm pretty sure all devs are aware of it and working on it at the moment.

For story and fresh post-story experience,

We seriously need some sort of profile overview for players, maybe displaying badges earned or average level of the player's party. A lot of players during story end up getting in seriously imbalanced duels where they get bullied by higher levels that pretend to look casually around their level, or their duel requests are majorly rejected by others because other people are higher/lower than their level range. In second case the player sending request has no idea about why they keep getting rejected by everyone and may find the game a bit unengaging socially for an MMO. I don't see any negative consequences of adding a simple profile to players.

Stories are getting completed just for the sake of completion, so people are like "Yeaaa I'm a champion, now what?". This is only works for single player experiences. I kinda think giving people who have completed all available regions 2 completely competitive ready OU Pokemon (moveset + 5x31 + EV trained + proper nature + level 50 + untradable gift) either their choice or random, would be quite productive, I've seen it applied in other MMO's where the curve from completing the story to end game is quite steep. It works like a charm. People feel less scared to go on further when you give them a kickstart towards their goal in our case it's 1/3 of a complete team, so they would be more willing and less scared to add 4 more Pokemon on it. Which in return will give them dedication to add probably much more to their roster as they gain competitive experience. This has no negative effect on economy as those are gift Pokemon, it actually has a positive effect of having more active post-game players.

We should really expose people to knowledge of the stuff that are different from handheld games. Adding some random tips to login screens (since we don't really have any loading screens) would help.
Examples would be like;
"Did you know you could buy HM Ocarinas from other players as well as our Gift Shop to be able to use your HM moves without teaching them to a Pokemon?"
"Did you know we have a matchmaking system for PvP and we hold regular tournaments for great prizes? Check PvP menu in game!"
Some suitable places for it could be;
Here

Spoiler

Tips1.jpg

or here

Spoiler

Tips2.jpg

Regarding mid-range and high-end experience,

We lack events that target mid-tier players. This requires heavy brainstorming as much as lacking co-op things do. We have tournaments where only high-end players have fun and participate, or catching events which is pretty much a lottery for everyone. We need to think ways to engage people who are in competitive play but not experienced enough for high end activities yet.

Also we lack variety on matchmaking. Let me tell you straight. This UI is WRONG!
PvPUI.jpg

Our different tier ranked games start at different times but since we greet our players with OU interface immediately, other tiers can't really get attention, if we moved ranked info to a new tab and presented timer for all 3 tier queues on single screen there will be more people willing to play other tiers, "Oh, UU rankeds are up, I'll go play UU instead an unranked OU"

NewUI.jpg

That's all from me now, thanks for your time reading!

I think another problem is making things counter intuitive and adding grinding for the sake of grinding, on top of all the other grinding. At some point it's just painfully tedious.

For example, I think an item putting people on a ticking clock in a mad rush to get as much money as possible within an hour is counter to the game's design. A slow paced, casual, ideally social game, with competitive play in tournaments with people as an option. They of course don't have to use it, but they'll feel like they're missing out on not only the increased multiplier of the new coin, but the old multiplier they always had with the old one. And they'll be right, if they don't use it, and most other people do, they could potentially be getting less than they've ever gotten, and people doing profitable routes quickly could be getting more than they've ever gotten. Meaning the other people have more wealth, so prices could go up, but these people will have less, so the prices could be more unreasonable. And of course static prices in the game are the same, so now TM's and potions and such can seem even more expensive. Not to mention the nerf to berries and seeds as a moneymaking option, which is also in a way, a nerf to pickup as well.

Now, people can log out, and they won't have to worry about losing time on the amulet coin, but that's their option. Rush for an hour straight, or log off. You can't sit around and talk to people, you can't take a break and watch something on YouTube, anything you do during that time period while logged on will seem like wasting time, which is wasting money, which is opposite to the point of the amulet coin.

The grinding on top of grinding, is that people were already grinding for money fighting trainers and later gym leaders again. Now they have to grind meowths, either through using a pokemon with steal or covet that won't kill them and getting lucky, or catching them, and getting lucky. But this grinding doesn't serve any purpose other than allowing you to then do the actual grinding which is for money. This adds more time required for the daily grinding, and more tedium because hoping for meowths, hoping they have the item, then stealing from them or catching them is a lot less interesting than fighting trainers or gym leaders. And I think people have a certain tolerance for grinding, especially unengaging and seemingly unnecessary grinding, before they just stop playing a game, especially a game they're not really that invested in, meaning new players. It's not that the amulet coin grinding is that bad, it's that it's adding to what was already there, which might be the straw that broke the camel's back.

You do have the option of buying it, but spending money on something, in order to get a bit more money for a certain amount of time isn't very attractive. More to the point, if the prices stabilize to about twenty thousand, that could end up being a loss to a newer player, or at the very least eat into the profits so much it's not really worth buying, which then necessitates grinding for them in order to grind for money. Whereas long time players who know the most profitable routes they can do within an hour, and are dedicated enough to want to grind for an hour straight, can possibly make more money than ever before, while the newer players make less than they ever would have. Which makes getting started into the late game, specifically tournaments, even more difficult, because prices for things they need could go higher, while they could have even less.

And remember, this is in addition to EV grinding they have to do to be competitive. Breeding for good IV's and natures, hoping they get a lucky catch, or purchasing pokemon on the market, or probably a mixture of all three. Then acquiring the items they need, either through late game grinding, or through purchasing on the market. Then building up a large enough team and collection of items in order to be able to compete in these tournaments and actually have a chance of winning. If someone was interested in pvp, and maybe even just rushed through the story in order to get to it, they'll be spending a lot of time grinding in order to really be competitive, and this particular change just made it more so. Not to mention making the game seem more inflexible by introducing timers into the equation for grinding money.

There are also the previously implemented changes to the base game. People will already likely be turned off by certain choices that seem to have been put in just for the sake of more grinding as opposed to the original pokemon games. Breeding for instance, having the parents disappear, is already a change to the original game, which is just there to make it harder to get more pokemon, and to prevent people from purchasing cheap pokemon with perfect stats and natures. This however makes it harder for people trying to get into competitive play, and makes no real difference for people only playing pve, because they don't really need perfect pokemon for that anyway, and they'll probably stop playing after they've done everything in the story anyway, so they don't really have any need for the competitive pokemon.

It could be said that grinding for the perfect pokemon and building up your team is something to do in itself, and that if they could easily acquire the pokemon they might as well just play pokemon showdown. Which is true to some degree, which is why I'm not arguing to change breeding. But my point is, at some point, you make too much unnecessary grinding, and people just lose interest. Different people with have different thresholds for what is or isn't too much, but at some point it becomes too much for too many people.

On top of all this, people have a finite amount of time they can spend playing games, and/or are willing to spend playing one particular game. Now obviously you want people to play an mmo for a long time, not all day, but ideally over a long period of time over months and years, and for this game, you would then want them to financially support it in order to continue playing it. And if they have played it that long, they're more likely to be willing to spend money on it to support it. That's why you have timers on fighting trainers and gym leaders, you want them to come on for a while each day to grind, compete in tournaments, talk to friends, etc. And you want them to keep coming back each day in order to do it, which is why you have a cooldown on fighting trainers and gym leaders.

But when the game seems arbitrary and removed far enough from the core gameplay, when it seems arbitrary and only placed there for the sake of having it, it can seem like people are doing tedious chores in order to play the actual game. Now sure, a lot of the aspects of the game, like any rpg could be looked at that way, but at some point when it gets far enough removed from the core gameplay, it becomes easier to notice. Especially when there's no in-game reason for things operating the way they do, and they can only be explained from a real world point of view as part of the game design. The obvious example would be trainers and gym battles. Okay, they need time to get ready again, or they'll only accept so many fights so often, fair enough. Makes sense. Your amulet coin being activated for an hour long boost then disappearing doesn't really make sense from an in-game perspective, or rather using in-game logic. Which can take people out of the game and make people think more about the mechanics governing it, and feel more like they're doing arbitrary work rather than playing a game.

Back to the thing about the finite amount of time to play games. People play games for enjoyment, they do it in their free time after work or school, or on their days off. They don't want to feel like they're doing chores. They might want to feel like they're working toward something in an enjoyable manner. But they don't want to feeling like they're doing tedious, mind numbing chores in order to play the actual game. At some point it can feel like that's all it is, and people will just wonder, why am I even playing? And then of course they're likely to leave and play something else. This is kind of how it seems grinding for amulet coins in order to grind for money, in order to use the money for something you want or need, in order to actually play the game. At some point the grinding becomes excessive and far enough removed from the core gameplay that it becomes tedious and just seems painful.

It's also possible new players in the future won't know about this, the amulet coin changes I mean, and won't feel like they're missing out. They might think that's just some special thing you do late game for more money. But the prices in-game will stay the same, and the prices on the market could get higher if it does get more profitable for longtime players, and new players won't even get as much starting cash from completing the story as they used to, because they won't have the amulet coin for the increased profit from all the trainer battles throughout the story. Which makes breaking into late game pvp content even more difficult. By difficult, of course I mean more time consuming. And the grind, the tedium of the grind, the weird out of place systems, and the arbitrary nature of the systems will be noticed by new players.

It might seem pointless to only talk about new players instead of longtime players, the core people supporting the game. But this is an mmo, if the game loses too many people, eventually the core players will have nothing to do, and leave as well, since all they'll really have at that point is the social aspect of the game as well as pvp. As well as not bringing in and hooking new players to become long time players willing to support the game, because they lost interest before they could become invested like the current core players.

I'm not sure if this change is so major that it will be the thing to push it too far, and I doubt it'll get changed back anyway, I'm more just speaking about the general game design and possible future updates.

Edited by Neonidas

I really think people who primarily did gym runs in the past that were calling for berry nerfs like myself really got Monkey's Paw'd on this. A lot of us disliked berries for the obvious inflation that it was creating, but at the same time we disliked it because it was rewarding only the most hardcore of players who were willing to dedicate themselves at certain times to the game with a more time efficient way to get yen.

Now enter in the new Amulet coin changes, and anyone who did gym runs at a casual, leisurely pace in the past was essentially hit with a fat 25% nerf to their gains.

1 hour ago, Neonidas said:

For example, I think an item putting people on a ticking clock in a mad rush to get as much money as possible within an hour is counter to the game's design.

BINGO. This point right here. This is where we got monkey's paw'd. Calling for a nerf to an overall money making activity that required devoting your time specifically (berries) caused it to where our preferred activity got inflicted by this as well, means that you have to no-life the game for an hour straight without distraction.

I was curious too about the gains of it also, and I'm going to refer to this thread that is detailing the change in yen before the update and after the update. If someone has a more efficient run strategy than this guy, and can use less than 2 Amulet coins per gym run, that would be great to correct me and post your findings here.

He states that before the change, you would net 272,221 before. After the change, he would net 332,242 yen. Amulet coins are currently at 25K, so if it took him two to do a full gym run of all 3 regions, that means his net profit compared to the old Amulet coin of a full run is only ten thousand yen. That's it. To be stressed out for two hours and on the clock to make the most of it.

Honestly I liked the change at first, because I wasn't forced to use the amulet coin constantly, but I am starting to think they should have just removed it and added a static boost for everybody.

Getting a competitive team in this game takes too long and by the looks of it, if you aren't doing OU, you aren't doing anything.

Glad to see there are still people able to consider things from every angle. I wish the devs could have opinions like this for everything they consider about doing and have more the player in mind when they make changes.

in my opinion grinding npc allready felt like a waste of time before this update and ever since unova was launched because i could make more with less effort by being a trader instead while being able to keep that laid back approach to it. At least before this update the people grinding gym where able to be laid back has well but now it doesn't seem like any amount of adjustments to the rate of amulet coins will help casual players since the price will end up being set by the hardcore players. 

The idea i have to fix the amulet coin issue while also considering the devs poit of view that they are starting to pile up would be to implement both features on the item and not allow them to stack. This would meant that you could keep the old laid back approach if you used it has a held item but you would have a higher payout if you consumed the item.

On 7/24/2019 at 2:09 AM, PrincessDia said:

Another essay of mine, there is no TL;DR so there is the door if you are lazy. Get out!

Now that's out of the way,
Especially @Kyu I beg you to hear me out. I really want to point something out here, we have an open wound in PokeMMO which causes a player to flinch once they finish stories of all regions. Shiny hunting, steep curve of casual to competitive play, berry raising or any similar end-game things require a decent budget to get started. 

I'm a player who hasn't really got into the late game content like pvp because its so expensive. Why grind trainers for hours a day to get ~300k when i can just not play the game and instead invest in limited time items from Halloween/Christmas and wait for the prices to go up. I was berry farming for a bit and luckily stopped before the update because now prices are dropping a lot so i'm not going to carry on with either. 

I agree with PrincessDia that the curve from end of story to late game is too steep and its clear that there needs to be something done to either help players get to endgame or have something worthwhile to do in the meantime.

Edited by Etozuri

I always think farming benefits(trade with other players) is not the direct factor of inflation. Trading with NPC, which means the currency is overdone, is an important factor of inflation, so why we not choose to limit the volume trading with NPC, and restore the original berry price. That can consume the player's coins, the total amount of money issued can also be controlled.

9 minutes ago, MyLord said:

I always think farming benefits(trade with other players) is not the direct factor of inflation. Trading with NPC, which means the currency is overdone, is an important factor of inflation, so why we not choose to limit the volume trading with NPC, and restore the original berry price. That can consume the player's coins, the total amount of money issued can also be controlled.

A volume limit per account of selling doesn't mean anything to people who have multiple accounts.

57 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

A volume limit per account of selling doesn't mean anything to people who have multiple accounts.

Multiple accounts is indeed a trouble thing in the current environment. As a player who enjoys the game, I am against the asset transfer between multiple accounts.

1 hour ago, MyLord said:

Multiple accounts is indeed a trouble thing in the current environment. As a player who enjoys the game, I am against the asset transfer between multiple accounts.

There is no reliable way to detect if two accounts belong to same person or not, even in some cases, there are siblings using same device and ip to connect to game but they would surely enjoy being able to pass goods/Pokemon to each other. There is not a solid solution to that without having some sort of harmful side effects.

Honestly I can still make around ~5 mil a day after the nerf (not that I farm money every day). But I'm insane. Also, I agree that this nerf hurt new players more than anyone.

To the other 99.99% of players out there this is almost impossible (making 5 mil a day). The berry farming change actually effected new players more than anything. For example: Berry vendoring leichi berries at 1050 would yield a character around 1.8 million after 67 hours and they'd have to reinvest about 900k-1.2 million back into seeds from gtl to start a new grow (making 600-900k in profit after 67 hours).

Newer players could sell seeds which made them roughly 370k every 16 hours after all the costs of re-harvesting Aspear Berries (or any of the other berries that sold well for seeds on the market). If you do the math, that's around 1.1 million (in profit) in less than 67 hours. New players (who have less characters) profit more off of selling seeds than the other players with more characters that sell their berries to the vendor. It was actually a great way of getting new players to get money is telling them to invest into seeds to make roughly 50% more profit off their character than a player who has many characters who would berry farm to sell to vendor instead of reinvest into gtl since it takes lots of time to sell seeds on many characters where it doesn't on 3 or less characters which new players would have roughly that amount. And it does take a lot of effort to get to that point in game in order to make lots of money profiting off of the lazier players and/or the players with lots of characters.

I have over 8 characters who have beaten the game entirely in every region who all have farming pokes and level 100 bred teams that I worked very hard on so it's easy to make money and cooldowns don't really effect me because of that (since I put the work in). I have had multiple team mates play this game over time and I've only ever met a few willing to farm like this. In fact I can only list 1 other person and even that person wasn't as crazy as me in this regard. Perhaps there are more hardcore teams out there with more players that do this but in my case they are very few. Maybe 1 out of 500 players (if even).

And to members who are against multiple accounts/characters you are the same people who are not willing to put in the extra effort in order to farm hard and make the money. There is no way to stop this as an "exploit" (it's not) either because of how current ToS is as well as there is no way to keep track of it realistically. Let's say a family plays and exchanges stuff amongst themselves, how would you tell the difference from a mod standpoint from someone trading with himself/herself and if the claim is made of that how would you prove it one way or the other? It can't be an "exploit" if it is available to everyone willing to put in effort but people call it an "exploit" because they aren't willing to put in the effort to do it because of (or most likely) laziness.

If anything the hyperinflated prices of cosmetics should be brought back down by some type of mystery box that can hold limited time items and can be bought from a vendor for around 500k with a 1% on some of the old cosmetics (as one of several solutions to this) which would help out new players greatly. Because currently new players that just get lucky with a shiny starter are the only ones that have some type of advantage. Many veteran players literally just held onto cosmetics and now are worth billions because of playing at an earlier date not because of any work they really put in if you want to talk about fairness.

I feel like this will be on deaf ears though. Kyu probably listens most to the veteran teams and players and gets a biased perspective as I've been trying to grow a team with newer players and had a few quit after the update where they feel like it's impossible to become competitive or it is just a nightmare amount of work for them to get even a full team of comps. I show them how to farm and whatnot but it still is a large threshold of work and the update was quite discouraging to them.

16 minutes ago, immortalfox19 said:

The berry farming change actually effected new players more than anything

I disagree. High berry sell prices incentivizes people to get on the alt train for berries due to the rate of return on it. Now that it's much less of an attractive option, a lot of these people are going to be ditching that money making option and move right back over onto gym runs, which rate of raw time invested returns you with less yen regardless.

These people were creating much more yen (and attributing much more to inflation) than a random newbie who just got into berry farming. With the rate of yen creation dropping, you should see the rate of prices dropping slowly within the next month or so, which is better for newer players.

Just now, Raichu4u said:

I disagree. High berry sell prices incentivizes people to get on the alt train for berries due to the rate of return on it. Now that it's much less of an attractive option, a lot of these people are going to be ditching that money making option and move right back over onto gym runs, which rate of raw time invested returns you with less yen regardless.

These people were creating much more yen (and attributing much more to inflation) than a random newbie who just got into berry farming. With the rate of yen creation dropping, you should see the rate of prices dropping slowly within the next month or so, which is better for newer players.

The new player could sell seeds and profit off of the veteran player with multiple accounts with over a 50% profit rating from a single character perspective.

23 minutes ago, immortalfox19 said:

And to members who are against multiple accounts/characters you are the same people who are not willing to put in the extra effort in order to farm hard and make the money. There is no way to stop this as an "exploit" (it's not) either because of how current ToS is as well as there is no way to keep track of it realistically. Let's say a family plays and exchanges stuff amongst themselves, how would you tell the difference from a mod standpoint from someone trading with himself/herself and if the claim is made of that how would you prove it one way or the other? It can't be an "exploit" if it is available to everyone willing to put in effort but people call it an "exploit" because they aren't willing to put in the effort to do it because of (or most likely) laziness.

I highly doubt this. Majority of them have some sort of school/work to worry about and if the average income per person rises, the amount of necessary time spent farming/grinding to stay revelant increases accordingly. Thus, making the game unplayable post-story for a big amount of playerbase.

23 minutes ago, immortalfox19 said:

If anything the hyperinflated prices of cosmetics should be brought back down by some type of mystery box that can hold limited time items and can be bought from a vendor for around 500k with a 1% on some of the old cosmetics (as one of several solutions to this) which would help out new players greatly. Because currently new players that just get lucky with a shiny starter are the only ones that have some type of advantage. Many veteran players literally just held onto cosmetics and now are worth billions because of playing at an earlier date not because of any work they really put in if you want to talk about fairness.

I feel like this will be on deaf ears though. Kyu probably listens most to the veteran teams and players and gets a biased perspective as I've been trying to grow a team with newer players and had a few quit after the update where they feel like it's impossible to become competitive or it is just a nightmare amount of work for them to get even a full team of comps. I show them how to farm and whatnot but it still is a large threshold of work and the update was quite discouraging to them.

Also I extremely doubt "hyperinflated cosmetic price" is anywhere close to worries of a player recently finishing story. Also that is not even a true inflation, it's basicly some thing gaining value over time due it not being available to obtain anymore and breaking supply & demand balance. You are basicly suggesting that there shouldn't be any high value things on the game which is also proven to be counter-productive in many other MMOs.

Edit:

1 minute ago, immortalfox19 said:

The new player could sell seeds and profit off of the veteran player with multiple accounts with over a 50% profit rating from a single character perspective.

You are basicly assuming everyone have 16 hours to play in community but unfortunately, that is not the case for 99% of them. PokeMMO does not fill their bellies and pay the bills so, they have to worry about life at some point. If you think those people don't deserve a chance at game and refuse to respect them, you'll be playing in a server with <100 people in it

Edited by PrincessDia
1 minute ago, immortalfox19 said:

There's "could" versus what actually happened before the patch. This newbie class of people only focused on their one account and just sold the berries when they were done, and probably bought the seeds themselves.

1 minute ago, PrincessDia said:

I highly doubt this. Majority of them have some sort of school/work to worry about and if the average income per person rises, the amount of necessary time spent farming/grinding to stay revelant increases accordingly. Thus, making the game unplayable post-story for a big amount of playerbase.

Also I extremely doubt "hyperinflated cosmetic price" is anywhere close to worries of a player recently finishing story. Also that is not even a true inflation, it's basicly some thing gaining value over time due it not being available to obtain anymore and breaking supply & demand balance. You are basicly suggesting that there shouldn't be any high value things on the game which is also proven to be counter-productive in many other MMOs.

I take it you're a benefactor of the cosmetics hike.

Also just because someone is willing to spend more time grinding or has no life you argue that they shouldn't be rewarded for more grinding?

1 minute ago, Raichu4u said:

There's "could" versus what actually happened before the patch. This newbie class of people only focused on their one account and just sold the berries when they were done, and probably bought the seeds themselves.

Well it's what I was training my new players in my team to do. Literally they made money off of people vendoring berries at over 50% of what those people were profiting. It helped them a lot. So I'm speaking from experience with newer players in my team.

2 minutes ago, PrincessDia said:

Also that is not even a true inflation, it's basicly some thing gaining value over time due it not being available to obtain anymore and breaking supply & demand balance. 

I'd hate to say, but because PokeMMO doesn't have a line of credit within the game, inflation and deflation is pretty much strictly based off of the creation and destruction of this yen in this game. If even there was a limited trading card you were wanting to sell me that was worth $20 and overnight the dollar became worth double of itself, you would end up selling your trading card for $40 the next day.

Surely I agree that some people log off and never log on again, and some of these limited cosmetics actually somehow get destroyed too. But simple supply and demand scales would not tip these items to become 100% of what it originally was worth in a matter of a year or two. That's an inflationary problem.

1 minute ago, Raichu4u said:

I'd hate to say, but because PokeMMO doesn't have a line of credit within the game, inflation and deflation is pretty much strictly based off of the creation and destruction of this yen in this game. If even there was a limited trading card you were wanting to sell me that was worth $20 and overnight the dollar became worth double of itself, you would end up selling your trading card for $40 the next day.

Surely I agree that some people log off and never log on again, and some of these limited cosmetics actually somehow get destroyed too. But simple supply and demand scales would not tip these items to become 100% of what it originally was worth in a matter of a year or two. That's an inflationary problem.

I agree

I want to ask now how do you take the $ from those who favored all this time from the berries? especially to the eastern community? there are many who favored berries and are incredibly rich, now how is there going to be stability for all players? They should do a RESET of the game since they want it to be fair.

2 minutes ago, coti said:

I want to ask now how do you take the $ from those who favored all this time from the berries? especially to the eastern community? there are many who favored berries and are incredibly rich, now how is there going to be stability for all players? They should do a RESET of the game since they want it to be fair.

I mean I could agree with a reset of all money. And I have 100m on me.

6 minutes ago, immortalfox19 said:

Well it's what I was training my new players in my team to do. Literally they made money off of people vendoring berries at over 50% of what those people were profiting. It helped them a lot. So I'm speaking from experience with newer players in my team.

I still think having that high of a rate of yen return was still very abusable by multi-acounters though, and harmed every casual player more than it harmed, even if they participated in berry farming itself.