Have both passive and consumable Amulet coin

Raichuforyou

Question

I don't want to just post a kneejerk reaction to patch notes that I haven't been able to play with, but the removal of a passive amulet coin kind of bugs me out a bit. I am absolutely going to take advantage of the new amulet coin when I want to sit down and actually grind out some money, but I feel "casual" gym rematches without the amulet coin is going to suffer a bit.

When I say casual, I mean the type of lazy gym matches where your attention was half on the game, and half on a youtube video/discord conversation/homework etc. This is primarily how I would go through the gym matches, along with maybe hitting up a gym or two at work during my downtime, but the change over where the amulet coin is a consumable in most cases absolutely nerfs a play schedule like mine.

My suggestion would to have two separate amulet coins (or even just make it where if an amulet coin is held it will still provide the same effect before this patch). Make it to where a consumed amulet coin and the passive held amulet coin do not stack under any circumstance (the consumed amulet coin 50% boost takes priority). Heck, even nerf the rate of the passive one back from 25% to 20% if it gets reintroduced as well.

10 answers to this question

There won't be any purely passive amulet coin like the old implementation in the future. The reasoning for the change is that, when you create a passive buff which sets rates ahead of baseline, and there's no penalty/cost for using the item, it becomes the de facto rate.

If we want to set rates similarly to the old amulet coin passive buffs, we'd do so by increasing baseline trainer money gain instead of introducing another item for you to stack together. This would have the benefit of applying to all players as well.

I actually DO like the idea of not having to hold amulet coin during the battle to obtain more pokeyen, this opens a possibility of using a different item on one of your pokemons during the gym run (life orb, for example). What really bothers me though, is the length of the buff- 1 hour doesn't really seem very long, but I'm yet to test it myself to give any further feedback.

@Kyu I'm also curious if amulet coin would stack with riches charm?

(also pls fix the u-turn/ volt switch interaction with pursuit)

1 hour ago, Kyu said:

There won't be any purely passive amulet coin like the old implementation in the future. The reasoning for the change is that, when you create a passive buff which sets rates ahead of baseline, and there's no penalty/cost for using the item, it becomes the de facto rate.

If we want to set rates similarly to the old amulet coin passive buffs, we'd do so by increasing baseline trainer money gain instead of introducing another item for you to stack together. This would have the benefit of applying to all players as well.

Wouldn't this be better with just lowering the cooldown on gyms to being able to do them twice a day? i mean this update is pretty good tbh i like the way it is going,but with sinnoh's PTS getting soon i think the amulet coin will drop in price as much as the everstone as well the lucky eggs. people will try everysingle source of income idk about anyothers than gyms after the berry nerf which was kindda deserved.

1 minute ago, Munya said:

not currently

I DIDN'T ASK YOU

Spoiler

thanks Munyu <3

Spoiler

and what did you mean by "not currently" ? as if, you guys got plans to add it in the future already? :thonking:

Personally I like the Amulet Coin. The issue I see is only really much of a problem wit high lvl players. At the start it is handy, as there are lvl caps in this game. So just mining the pokeyen with a high Ivl Pokemon seems kinda difficult at the start since the limit with the Amulet Coin has to be held by the Pokemon whom took place in a battle.

I do like the idea about the non-stackable 25% passive and 50% on the consumable one, but to make it fair, make it to where the passive one does not work after the 4th gym badge. That way it doesn't leak into other regions too fast as u get it in the 3rd gym are in Pokemon black/white.

I do feel the passive version can be bad for a controlled multi-player community, but nerfing it completely in a replacement of a consumable version can be iffy as well to. What's to say people who train via elite-4 with the consumable version battle them over and over and still make a profit due to the massive payout they give already?

Still maybe a lvl caps on the passive one !at be a lil better without getting rid of it completely.

@Kyu, I did talk to Darkshade about this and I heard you did have a "per battle" Amulet coin on the table, but you guys finally decided on the current time based one you put in now. Would there ever be a consideration to make two, non stackable Amulet coins (maybe even use the Lucky Incense for this role as well to not cause confusion?)

My suggestion for that would to have the next 10-12 (or whatever amount of battles at the discrepancy of the dev team) be increased by 50% (or even a lower rate), and the item would expire in 24 hours, while not being able to be used on the Elite 4 as well.

I only suggest some sort of alternative since I really hope that you make playing casually as I mentioned still a viable way to earn cash. I know objectively my time while casually knocking down some gym leaders in a night without the assistance of an Amulet Coin is actually worth less now when it comes to fixed item costs like Poke-Balls, Bands, and any other store item. Other than that, this is effectively a nerf to the people who punch in little by little time every now and then and I hope you guys realize that.

1 hour ago, Raichu4u said:

@Kyu, I did talk to Darkshade about this and I heard you did have a "per battle" Amulet coin on the table, but you guys finally decided on the current time based one you put in now. Would there ever be a consideration to make two, non stackable Amulet coins (maybe even use the Lucky Incense for this role as well to not cause confusion?)

My suggestion for that would to have the next 10-12 (or whatever amount of battles at the discrepancy of the dev team) be increased by 50% (or even a lower rate), and the item would expire in 24 hours, while not being able to be used on the Elite 4 as well.

I only suggest some sort of alternative since I really hope that you make playing casually as I mentioned still a viable way to earn cash. I know objectively my time while casually knocking down some gym leaders in a night without the assistance of an Amulet Coin is actually worth less now when it comes to fixed item costs like Poke-Balls, Bands, and any other store item. Other than that, this is effectively a n

@Raichu4u I actually like that idea better. It doesn't make it too powerful and if you make it an in-battle activation only item, it would make it a more riskier item as it would give the enemy a free shot at you.