So... berry farming

Starf Berries weren't listed in the change, and their profit was comparable to that of liechi-like berries, the most consistent in the game. They weren't farmed due to being slightly less profitable. This is proooobably an oversight, and they just forgot to mention starf berries. But, if this was intentional, the impact will be minimal.

1 minute ago, CatHeads said:

Starf Berries weren't listed in the change, and their profit was comparable to that of liechi-like berries, the most consistent in the game. They weren't farmed due to being slightly less profitable. This is proooobably an oversight, and they just forgot to mention starf berries. But, if this was intentional, the impact will be minimal.

@Kyu make sure to nerf this ones aswell please

5 minutes ago, CatHeads said:

They probably didn't know since there wasn't a massive amount of players selling those. Now they will nerf them too, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Matoka said:

To my knowledge, Starf berry has indeed been nerfed (it should be 600$), it was likely just forgotten about in the list. There's a lot a lot of berries.

That makes much more sense.

In which case, this, combined with the amulet coin change and addition of lucky eggs, would end up cycling the money in pokemmo more. People will farm these items, others will buy these items, and the money moves around a lot more.

I would argue that these changes, all in all, make money harder to get, which should prove to cause a bit of economic deflation. People who were already wealthy would have just gotten a lot wealthier, and those who haven't would start to get left behind. They added a new way to make money in regards to "charm" farming, and using them to make more money off of rematches. Likewise, they removed the AFK methods of farming, in regards to berries.

It keeps people actively playing the game, which is good for donations and the like, as well as notoriety. That being said... it all depends on how the charms are obtainable. And until we find out, it will be hard to say. My theory is that, since wild chansey will be in sinnoh, we now have the option to thief them for money.
Its a smart move imo... I just feel bad for anyone that had berry crops growing ahead of time.

This change should have been made public a few days before it went live. That's my only complaint.

1 minute ago, razimove said:

Not really, I just dislike the method and what it did to the game, plus, I dislike people that think they are entitled on this sort of stuff.

Understandable, making an AFK method of money making on par with the most used active form, and making it more lucrative for the time involved, would encourage people to... well, not play the game.
And while it is true that the payout for farmers would now be almost equal to the money they put in, I still think it should have been stated ahead of time.

Also, the idea of egg/coin farming being lucrative means people wont have to sit down and farm heart scales for pennies, and that this will instead become lucrative. Hence why I'm completely supportive of these changes.

2 minutes ago, razimove said:

Not really, I just dislike the method and what it did to the game, plus, I dislike people that think they are entitled on this sort of stuff.

I'd say most customers, in any industry, should be entitled to prior notice before a drastic change in service.  It's not like it would have had any detriment, the bots after all are going to be the number one profiters of the deflation that comes from this.

6 minutes ago, razimove said:

Couldn't have put it better myself there so many ways to make money you berry farmer better get your pay day or breeding skills up.

imagine everyone whos paid over 1mil on lucky eggs lol think how they feel 

Let’s see what I’m getting here.

Nerfs for Lucky Egg, Amulet Coin, Shiny Hunting, etc. in this new update- Nobody bats an eye.

The idea of perma-keep all legendaries, including Uber legends- Everyone loses their minds.

Just now, butterelemental said:

I'd say most customers, in any industry, should be entitled to prior notice before a drastic change in service.  It's not like it would have had any detriment, the bots after all are going to be the number one profiters of the deflation that comes from this.

Well, thing is, this sort of stuff is meant to "hurt", hurt is a bad word to describe what I mean, but I lack a better one sorry. This is meant to shake the economy and force you to adapt.

1 minute ago, razimove said:

Well, thing is, this sort of stuff is meant to "hurt", hurt is a bad word to describe what I mean, but I lack a better one sorry. This is meant to shake the economy and force you to adapt.

What part of that is harmed by telling the players beforehand?  All it causes is a 1M universal kick in the teeth, that only "hurt"s new players. 

What part of that is harmed by telling the players beforehand?  All it causes is a 1M universal kick in the teeth, that only "hurt"s new players. 

Not only 1m my dude, to some players is probably more than 15m, and either way its not money lost since you just need to use the proper system to sell them that they provided, GTL.

2 minutes ago, razimove said:

Not only 1m my dude, to some players is probably more than 15m, and either way its not money lost since you just need to use the proper system to sell them that they provided, GTL.

I think their point is that the value of seeds just went way down, so people who bought seeds (and potentially some of them from pickup) are now stuck with items that they CANT sell, as they sell to shops for 0

So someone who bought seeds has effectively lost all of their money.

Just now, razimove said:

If you're botting that many alts the loss of a single crop would probably be insignificant.  The GTL is no more or less proper than selling to an NPC.  And who's to say they won't insta-butcher the GTL with auction fee changes without notice at some point in the future?

If you're botting that many alts the loss of a single crop would probably be insignificant.  The GTL is no more or less proper than selling to an NPC.  And who's to say they won't insta-butcher the GTL with auction fee changes without notice at some point in the future?

It is, I'd ask @Gilan to explain, he is better than me to explain plus I think he studied economy to further help you understand.

Player:NPC interactions allows you to introduce new currency in the game, thid is the same as you printing notes/bills at home. Generates inflaction, inflaction is bad.

Player:player interaction is pretty much a trade, no new currency is being generated, meaning it doesnt harm economy.