Lucky egg, coin amulet nerf??

Lucky Eggs have been in the dev's sights for a long time now so we have had some time to expect a change. Amulet Coins is kind of out of left field, but in line with their "expiration-based enhancement" items. It's an MMO so they want to keep people playing (read: possibly donating) for as long as possible. If they keep people hunting consumable lucky eggs and amulet coins, it gives players a "goal" or something to work towards rather than getting a single Amulet Coin and Lucky Egg and sitting on them / using the same one over the days/months/years to come.

I'm mainly concerned / laughing at the idea of how much they increased the Lucky Egg chances on Chanseys (or if we'll be able to encounter non Safari Chansey in Sinnoh; which I've read they are wild/non safari there). The idea of hunting current Chansey with the old method's RNG for Lucky Eggs VS only getting a bonus for an hour? Laughable. We will likely have wild Chansey to farm now with False Swipe / Spore and without Safari nonsense.

Edit: Wild Chansey in Sinnoh are Route 209, 210, and Trophy Garden so yeah. With the Frisk nerf, it's back to using Trick on Smeargles to scout for items.

Edited by ExpertWinston
7 minutes ago, ExpertWinston said:

Lucky Eggs have been in the dev's sights for a long time now so we have had some time to expect a change. Amulet Coins is kind of out of left field, but in line with their "expiration-based enhancement" items. It's an MMO so they want to keep people playing (read: possibly donating) for as long as possible. If they keep people hunting consumable lucky eggs and amulet coins, it gives players a "goal" or something to work towards rather than getting a single Amulet Coin and Lucky Egg and sitting on them / using the same one over the days/months/years to come.

I'm mainly concerned / laughing at the idea of how much they increased the Lucky Egg chances on Chanseys (or if we'll be able to encounter non Safari Chansey in Sinnoh; which I've read they are wild/non safari there). The idea of hunting current Chansey with the old method's RNG for Lucky Eggs VS only getting a bonus for an hour? Laughable. We will likely have wild Chansey to farm now with False Swipe / Spore and without Safari nonsense.

Edit: Wild Chansey in Sinnoh are Route 209, 210, and Trophy Garden so yeah. With the Frisk nerf, it's back to using Trick on Smeargles to scout for items.

Just catch them, you sell the good iv ones, and you get the items, win win, plus trick smeargle requires you to pay more attention to the game while farming.

I hate the amulet coin nerf too.... By the way, where can i find the amulet coin now? ....

What will happen to our community now!?

God Bless us all....

Really, god, its bless time...

-Marissa (demonhunter in charge / magic girl / spontaneous movie maker / shiny hunter / marissa / mod (creator) / smoochum lover / smoochie owner )

21 minutes ago, ExpertWinston said:

With the Frisk nerf, it's back to using Trick on Smeargles to scout for items.

As I understand it, Frisk should work but no longer give details of the item. Perhaps a generic 'found a held item' message will be produced.

I really don't understand why there seems to be such a concerted effort to force mmo mechanics on the game when that's not why anybody would play pokemon anything. MMO means massively multiplayer online, it has nothing to do with endless grind and mechanics that add nothing of value to the community or the longevity of the game.

I can see where they are coming from, but its not my problem that people are making real money farming pokedollars in this game.  It was convenient for me to have coin amulet at all times, I farm trainers, gym leaders, E4 for my money.  Now I have to either find 4~5 amulets a day or buy them to do all of my daily runs.

3 minutes ago, maximilious said:

I can see where they are coming from, but its not my problem that people are making real money farming pokedollars in this game.  It was convenient for me to have coin amulet at all times, I farm trainers, gym leaders, E4 for my money.  Now I have to either find 4~5 amulets a day or buy them to do all of my daily runs.

Real money? I thought RMT was forbidden

13 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

So people are fine with these nerfs that will wreck economy, but perma-keep Uber legends are a no-no? Smh

Perma-keeping legendaries is not a thing, sorry to bother.

-Marissa (demonhunter in charge / magic girl / spontaneous movie maker / shiny hunter / marissa / mod (creator) / smoochum lover / smoochie owner /

god's friend (sometimes) / has a swampert 6x15 / helps people / completely non plus ultra / marissa / time traveler / good friend /

philosopher / poetess / gem miner / marissa / common flower / phantasmagoric illusion / creative artist / technically not a ghost )

Shiny rate is..... (the line)

-Marissa (demonhunter in charge / magic girl / spontaneous movie maker / shiny hunter / marissa / mod (creator) / smoochum lover / smoochie owner /

god's friend (sometimes) / has a swampert 6x15 / helps people / completely non plus ultra / marissa / time traveler / good friend / samurai /

philosopher / poetess / gem miner / marissa / common flower / phantasmagoric illusion / creative artist / technically not a ghost / godslayer 

ecologist / Demi-fiend)