One Of The Greatest Updates Ever

On 7/23/2019 at 2:43 PM, Zretx said:
  • Out of Battle abilities no longer function while the party lead is fainted   giphy.gif

Yeah this change is completely asinine to me, the Devs claim to be trying to encourage more active play and now, instead of using Explosion on my Magcargo and doing literally anything else, I have to sit and wait for my eggs to hatch.

On 7/23/2019 at 4:16 PM, Gilan said:

Cute charm overworld effect? Cute Charm Glitch, Pog! Shinies for everyone :^)

In all seriousness, though, I see a couple of people surprised by this update. But, the two big things (lucky egg and berry prices) were communicated well ahead of time if you paid attention. None of this should be a surprise. And, honestly, I like this change.

Lucky egg was an item with literally no downside (except those who got caught with them still in your inventory with this update, assuming they were replaced with lower value). When training a pokemon, it was objectively the best item to hold. Now, you can have that pokemon hold a different item and still get the xp boost (and mind you, the xp boost was buffed significantly from the 10%).

Berry prices is a thank god from my perspective. FarmMMO was cancer. I have a nice long post somewhere on these forums about why berry farming as the best source of money is bad game design, but I’m lazy to find it and rewrite it here.

This update is the worst update. In fact its so bad I've considered just not playing anymore. To devolve this low and nerfing everything it doesn't make the game any better only worse. Making held items consumable for only a one time use? That's so pooped so what now we have to bust our asses even further to obtain more than one of these?' Making it easier to get does not mean that its easier to catch a damn chansey. Amulet coin consumable? Are you freaking nuts? GG it was a good run, but it ruined the game if you ask me. 

6 minutes ago, NovaReaper said:

This update is the worst update. In fact its so bad I've considered just not playing anymore. To devolve this low and nerfing everything it doesn't make the game any better only worse. Making held items consumable for only a one time use? That's so pooped so what now we have to bust our asses even further to obtain more than one of these?' Making it easier to get does not mean that its easier to catch a damn chansey. Amulet coin consumable? Are you freaking nuts? GG it was a good run, but it ruined the game if you ask me. 

Before the update, the lucky egg gave a 10% exp boost. It really wasn't that significant (if you think about it, it was saving you 1 battle every 10 battles). Now, it is consumable, but gives you a 100% (50% for the small version) exp boost, this translates to saving you 1 battle every single battle. So now, in that 1 hour of exp grind, you get the same amount of boost as you had been getting in 10 hours. So it's quite significant. As for the true prices of the new lucky egg, we need to wait for the market to settle.

As for the amulet coin, it honestly appears to me to be a buff. You get 50% more money now (before it was 25% I believe), and you are given a free item slot for the pokemon you are using. If you do the math on this, the difference in % from before to now is 50% - 25% = 25%. So, considering you can do Hoenn and Kanto gym runs in 30mins each, and gives a profit of ~133k without a boost, this means that the difference between the old amulet coin and the new amulet coin is 33k. So as long as you can buy these new amulet coins for less than 33k, they are buffed compared to the old coin.

7 minutes ago, Gilan said:

As for the amulet coin, it honestly appears to me to be a buff. You get 50% more money now (before it was 25% I believe), and you are given a free item slot for the pokemon you are using. If you do the math on this, the difference in % from before to now is 50% - 25% = 25%. So, considering you can do Hoenn and Kanto gym runs in 30mins each, and gives a profit of ~133k without a boost, this means that the difference between the old amulet coin and the new amulet coin is 33k. So as long as you can buy these new amulet coins for less than 33k, they are buffed compared to the old coin.

It's a buff if you're only putting your complete attention on the game for a straight hour though. There's a lot of people like me who were casually going through the gym battles at a leisurely pace or tab out a lot that got a nerf from this change.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:43 PM, Zretx said:
  • Out of Battle abilities no longer function while the party lead is fainted   giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Aldenius said:

Yeah this change is completely asinine to me, the Devs claim to be trying to encourage more active play and now, instead of using Explosion on my Magcargo and doing literally anything else, I have to sit and wait for my eggs to hatch.

This. I can deal with the other changes, the nerfs of certain items, the nerfing of useful farming moves or abilities, the destruction of berry farming, but to require the lead Pokémon to no longer be fainted to gain an overworld effect is just an arbitrary two fingers up from the devs, IMO.

I’ve used a lead fainted Pokémon with some ability or another since pretty much day one (or at least since I returned to the game earlier this year) so that I may farm for decent IV efficiently for breeders, or any other number of reasons. Now I can no longer do two things at once, farming/grinding and watching a film or reading an article or journal, as I will have to constantly shift my focus back to changing Pokémon once I enter a battle to my catcher or my fighter instead of being able to enjoyably and efficiently complete my actions with one eye on the screen and the other on what I’m doing in the real world.

Since I returned to the game earlier this year I’ve clocked up nearly 500 hours play time, doing roughly 80-100 hours a week due in no small part to being on long term sick leave and not being able to do much else, but for the first time since I returned I’ve lost all motivation to play because of this, and to a lesser extent the other, changes.

NB: I’m well aware no one actually cares for the story of another person but I just wanted to get my two cents out there whilst I had the motivation to do so.