One Of The Greatest Updates Ever

Cute charm overworld effect? Cute Charm Glitch, Pog! Shinies for everyone :^)

In all seriousness, though, I see a couple of people surprised by this update. But, the two big things (lucky egg and berry prices) were communicated well ahead of time if you paid attention. None of this should be a surprise. And, honestly, I like this change.

Lucky egg was an item with literally no downside (except those who got caught with them still in your inventory with this update, assuming they were replaced with lower value). When training a pokemon, it was objectively the best item to hold. Now, you can have that pokemon hold a different item and still get the xp boost (and mind you, the xp boost was buffed significantly from the 10%).

Berry prices is a thank god from my perspective. FarmMMO was cancer. I have a nice long post somewhere on these forums about why berry farming as the best source of money is bad game design, but I’m lazy to find it and rewrite it here.

1 minute ago, Gilan said:

Cute charm overworld effect? Cute Charm Glitch, Pog! Shinies for everyone :^)

The only way that works is in the Gen 4 games, and you have to have a specific Trainer ID and Secret ID. Not only do neither of the 2 exist, but since we’re going off Gen 5 mechanics, wouldn’t work either.

1 minute ago, BoltBlades12 said:

I find it funny that now there’s all these nerfs, but the thought of perma-keep Uber legends would destroy the market. Smh

Yeah, cause berry farming was destroying the market so it was nerfed to stop the problem. And, lucky egg might not even be a nerf. 50-100% exp boost is sooo much better than 10%. So you are getting a buff for the “nerf” of it becoming consumable.

5 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

The only way that works is in the Gen 4 games, and you have to have a specific Trainer ID and Secret ID. Not only do neither of the 2 exist, but since we’re going off Gen 5 mechanics, wouldn’t work either.

:^)

“In all seriousness, though”

10 minutes ago, maximilious said:

This update just makes it so now you HAVE TO STAY LOGGED IN to get your lucky eggs, coin amulet worth.  If ANYTHING happens while you have this thing ticking you are SOL and will probably have wasted however much the thing is worth now.

Just to clarify: This is not the case.

When you are fully logged out of the game, your consumable buff time is paused, and will be where you left off when you log back in.

Just now, maximilious said:

I wonder who was the staff that leaked the information and got his besties to sell all of their lucky eggs last night 

Staff would be fired for doing that.

I sold my lucky egg several months ago, cause there was a post by Kyu I believe that explained they (the devs) wanted to turn lucky eggs into consumables.

by no means was it purely staff knowledge.

Just now, Darkshade said:

When you are logged out of the game, your consumable buff time is paused, and will be where you left off when you log back in.

b-but, b-but... I can't afk!!!

>:^C

21 minutes ago, kloneman said:

You never heard of everstones?

U didn't understand my statement... Indeed everstones secure u pass the nature to ur child pkm. So that means you barely need only ONE natured pkm to start the breed chain, so you will always have it even if you don't use syncronize.

To make a comp poke, you first catch a lot of random 31s so in this process you will get ur natured poke even without sync, that's why I say is pointless

2 minutes ago, DOOM said:

the idea is to attract people or the opposite?

Attract

-Marissa (demonhunter in charge / magic girl / spontaneous movie maker / shiny hunter / marissa / mod (creator) / smoochum lover / smoochie owner /

god's friend (sometimes) / has a swampert 6x15 / helps people / completely non plus ultra / marissa / time traveler / good friend /

philosopher / poetess )

Edited by YoRHaWitchMarissa
5 minutes ago, maximilious said:

u only need 1 natured pokemon and it can be any male from the same egg group, do people even use syncronize lmao

Some people use Synchronize pokemon during catching events. This kind of helps them 5% more, but then again, they will now have to use a turn to swap out their Synchronize pokemon to put in their catcher pokemon which takes all the time of a single turn and opens the catcher up to a free hit. *shrugs* Nothing else to see here. Move along.

1 minute ago, DOOM said:

perfect, everything to fix the economy and to introduce Sinnoh is great!

Economy?, can we talk now about the U N D E R G R O U N D  G E M S ?

-Marissa (demonhunter in charge / magic girl / spontaneous movie maker / shiny hunter / marissa / mod (creator) / smoochum lover / smoochie owner /

god's friend (sometimes) / has a swampert 6x15 / helps people / completely non plus ultra / marissa / time traveler / good friend /

philosopher / poetess / gem miner / marissa )

20 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

When you are fully logged out of the game, your consumable buff time is paused, and will be where you left off when you log back in.

That's...... significantly less awful, thank you for the explanation.

55 minutes ago, axx said:

Gen 3 and onwards it looks like.

If im reading the notes right, if anything I will no longer need some useless held item. As long as the amulets are farmable there shouldn't be an issue tbh.

Yeah, this is possitive tho. Thinking bout if it's or it's not difficult to farm amulets. Only one I've got was bought at the GTL.