Uber Legendary Poll

Uber Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should we be allowed to perma-keep Uber legends along with the other legendaries that shall be released alongside dungeons that will most likely be released after Sinnoh?

• Yes, because (comment below)
    • No, because (comment below)

24 minutes ago, Pizzachu said:

Alright, then please, by all means, point me to where i can read any reasons i've missed, or state them.

I mean you could just look into one of the x threads about legenderies opened by boltblades. Its not like we are discussing something new in this thread

Edited by WildHodor
24 minutes ago, Pizzachu said:

And that's an unconstructive and unnecessary comment, regardless of who you're addressing it to.

I am deeply saddened that my comment didn't reach your minimum requirement of necessity.

18 minutes ago, XelaKebert said:

How do you propose the mass influx of money be handled?

I already said, Legendaries and Shiny Legendaries will dominate the GTL. If dungeons function similar to the elfbot events and Legendary shiny rate is also 1/30k, that'll make them hard to get, and thus worth more on the GTL. And also considering that it'll take much more potions/revives for the dungeons that people are willing to use.

18 minutes ago, XelaKebert said:

This isn't the real games. Stop comparing PokeMMO to them. That's where a lot of misunderstandings come from. The vanilla games are singleplayer at their core so there is no reason to not allow players access to even the most OP stuff in game. There aren't any economic repercussions to it. In an MMO there are. It has nothing to do with extra effort on their part. It has to do with keeping the economy in balance.

An economy that has already fallen out of balance and despite your "protests" won't come back into balance anytime soon.

Not only with this new update, but especially when they made genderless-mons like Metagross and Magnezone breedable, which significantly lowered the value of breeding them. Yet everyone is jolly good lucky about those.

But no, we can't have perma-keep legendaries because it'll ruin PvE, even though hardly any people do the Gym rematches and even less do E4. It'd "greatly" affect the least used form of income in the game.

Edited by BoltBlades12

So, reading through that entire thing pretty much made the same claims i keep hearing without, again, elaborating. Where is the mass influx of money coming from? What mechanics exist that they for some reason can't be excluded from? 

If the reason you want to state amounts to 'the devs don't want to do it that way' then fine, that's perfectly reasonable. But it would save me reading a wall of text and you acting like im a petulant child who doesn't understand basic game mechanics and economics if you just lead with that.

I mean you could just look into one of the x threads about legenderies opened by boltblades. Its not like we are discussing something new in this thread

Considering i've been on the forums for less than a week that isn't something i was aware of.

Edited by Pizzachu
3 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

An economy that has already fallen out of balance and despite your "protests" won't come back into balance anytime soon.

Care to provide any concrete data for this or would you prefer to continue talking from your rear end?

9 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Not only with this new update, but especially when they made genderless-mons like Metagross and Magnezone breedable, which significantly lowered the value of breeding them.

Do you want another money reset? Unchecked cash influx into the economy is how another money reset happens. Come to think of it, were you even around when that occurred? When everyone over a certain mark was set back to the same point. Many lost literal millions between items being removed from their inventory that they had stockpiled in the hopes that they could hedge against it. One does not simply crank new cash into the economy from nowhere and not have a means to remove it effectively.

11 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

But no, we can't have perma-keep legendaries because it'll ruin PvE, even though hardly any people do the Gym rematches and even less do E4.

So you want a waste of PC space then? Cool, I'd rather not have a waste of PC space. Neither would anyone else. If you can't use it, what's the point in keeping it? Answer that. What is the point? Mewtwo and Rayquaza have their means of being excluded from aspects they would ruin, and any other Uber legends will likely fall into that same mechanic. It's much easier than trying to monkey with several other bits of code and hoping there aren't any bugs that come about from that.

6 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

I already said, Legendaries and Shiny Legendaries will dominate the GTL. If dungeons function similar to the elfbot events and Legendary shiny rate is also 1/30k, that'll make them hard to get, and thus worth more on the GTL. And also considering that it'll take much more potions/revives for the dungeons that people are willing to use.

Exchanges between players are currency neutral in MMOs. You have never once answered my question about mass influx from rematches, which are still integral to gaining money contrary to what you may believe. Either answer my question or admit you don't know. There's no shame in not knowing, but to dodge it so many times is ridiculous. How will it be handled? Currency neutral transactions don't handle it.

2 minutes ago, Pizzachu said:

So, reading through that entire thing pretty much made the same claims i keep hearing without, again, elaborating. Where is the mass influx of money coming from? What mechanics exist that they for some reason can't be excluded from? 

If the reason you want to state amounts to 'the devs don't want to do it that way' then fine, that's perfectly reasonable. But it would save me reading a wall of text and you acting like im a petulant child who doesn't understand basic game mechanics and economics if you just lead with that.

No one treated you like a petulant child. If you think that I have you have read too far into my meaning. To be honest, I don't know how many times I even said that the devs don't want to do it that way, but it's greater than zero if you go back and read the posts instead of glossing them over.

What even are these arguments?

5 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Legendaries and Shiny Legendaries will dominate the GTL.

5 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

And also considering that it'll take much more potions/revives for the dungeons that people are willing to use.

6 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

But no, we can't have perma-keep legendaries because it'll ruin PvE, even though hardly any people do the Gym rematches and even less do E4. It'd "greatly" affect the least used form of income in the game.

How do you know they will be tradeable in the first place? How do you know how much resources people will use(if any) and if it would theoretically sink enough money? How do you know how many people do gym rematches? Stop pulling 'facts' out of your ass to support your arguments and try to comprehensively read what you been told 10+ times by many people, including the devs instead of just repeating yourself.

34 minutes ago, Dazuzi said:

What even are these arguments?

How do you know they will be tradeable in the first place? How do you know how much resources people will use(if any) and if it would theoretically sink enough money? How do you know how many people do gym rematches? Stop pulling 'facts' out of your ass to support your arguments and try to comprehensively read what you been told 10+ times by many people, including the devs instead of just repeating yourself.

Theres obviously more going on between you people than i'm aware of, but if you're so sick of repeating yourself then why are you? The conversation is obviously pissing you off, so why respond at all?

7 minutes ago, Pizzachu said:

Theres obviously more going on between you people than i'm aware of, but if you're so sick of repeating yourself then why are you? The conversation is obviously pissing you off, so why respond at all?

Nothing with you at all. You are asking better questions. That's more directed at someone who has been around long enough and should understand better what is going on.

6 minutes ago, Pizzachu said:

but if you're so sick of repeating yourself then why are you?

That's not what I said, I said that he should comprehensively read what he has been told before, instead of repeating himself.

6 minutes ago, Pizzachu said:

The conversation is obviously pissing you off, so why respond at all?

Not really, I think you're reading into what people are saying a bit too much.

2 hours ago, Pizzachu said:

Considering i've been on the forums for less than a week that isn't something i was aware of.

As the others said its like a never ending stories with a certain someone. There was no intense of treating you as a child. One of the other reasons of not letting some legendaries ig was not creating a discrepancy between pvp and pve, as well as not implementing to many uber pokemon. The thought behind comes from the endless number of complaints if pokemon are ig and can not be used for certain aspects (gym, pvp, etc) so easier solution just to not implement them at all permanently.

On a personal note i'm not a fan of making unique legendaries accessible for everyone, it's what makes them special and our current king of the hill events are a good way implenting them.

6 hours ago, WildHodor said:

On a personal note i'm not a fan of making unique legendaries accessible for everyone, it's what makes them special and our current king of the hill events are a good way implenting them.

Again, there’s over 50+ legendaries in existence, so that “special” status isn’t nearly as significant as it was back when it was just the birds, Mewtwo, and Mew.

Trying to replicate that “special” state on all those Uber legends is a terrible idea that won’t end well.

I will leave it on that note. Once dungeons either come closer or come here, we can see how they affect the economy(or any updates prior).

Then, we can debate on this more since we’ll have more background.