Uber Legendary Poll

Uber Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should we be allowed to perma-keep Uber legends along with the other legendaries that shall be released alongside dungeons that will most likely be released after Sinnoh?

• Yes, because (comment below)
    • No, because (comment below)

Since the last poll I tried making didn't go so well(which I will put the blame on myself for), I'm gonna try it again.

This time, I made it so you can put "Yes" or "No" and be able to explain why, since I'm sure not everyone detests the idea due to Gym/E4 rematches and they have other reasons.

So let's try this again. This time, I will be as open as can be with your different viewpoints.

Edited by BoltBlades12

My reasoning for Uber legendaries are these:

1. They are just as important to the game as any other pokemon, including minor Legendaries. Making them merely a dex-entry isn't really doing them justice.

2. Even in the vanilla games they have regulations regarding the use of the Uber legends. Such as only 2 per team in tourneys, or not being allowed to use them in Battle Frontier, Battle Tree, etc. Such rules could easily be applied here, since competitive-tourney stuff is a thing here after all.

3. It wouldn't be that big of a deal is Gym rematches/E4 rematches lost value because Uber legends make them "easy". Since not many people do Gym rematches and even less do E4 rematches; it'll basicallly be a balance. And if dungeons are like the elfbot event, then they'll cost more revives and potions than E4 and Gyms combined.

4. If the dungeons are post-game material, then it'd be perfect since they wouldn't affect the difficulty of the storylines at all.

5. Like said in point #3, legendaries such as these would be very profitable on the GTL, especially if they are shiny, granted they share the same 1/30k shiny rate as all the other Pokemon. And catch rate won't be necessarily easy. And IVs definitely won't be perfect.

4 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

1. They are just as important to the game as any other pokemon, including minor Legendaries. Making them merely a dex-entry isn't really doing them justice.

That's not the point at all. It seems like you have just gone out of your way to disregard literally everything you have been told because it doesn't fit your view. The point is not placing anything in Ubers.

2. Even in the vanilla games they have regulations regarding the use of the Uber legends. Such as only 2 per team in tourneys, or not being allowed to use them in Battle Frontier, Battle Tree, etc. Such rules could easily be applied here, since competitive-tourney stuff is a thing here after all.

This isn't the vanilla games. You want the vanilla experience, then go play them. PvP itself is not part of the vanilla experience, but rather an optional offshoot. The core gameplay is singleplayer. Point. Blank. Period. Again, devs don't want anything in Ubers.

3. It wouldn't be that big of a deal is Gym rematches/E4 rematches lost value because Uber legends make them "easy". Since not many people do Gym rematches and even less do E4 rematches; it'll basicallly be a balance. And if dungeons are like the elfbot event, then they'll cost more revives and potions than E4 and Gyms combined.

It would be a huge deal because the mass influx of cash will inflate the economy in game past the point of no return. I don't know how many times you can be told this, but that's a pretty major issue. If you don't want mass inflation, you don't want there to be an easy win solution for rematches.

4. If the dungeons are post-game material, then it'd be perfect since they wouldn't affect the difficulty of the storylines at all.

Not everyone would get a legend at the end of a dungeon run in the first place. The point is to keep the ones that are going to be perma-keep special and rare.

5. Like said in point #3, legendaries such as these would be very profitable on the GTL, especially if they are shiny, granted they share the same 1/30k shiny rate as all the other Pokemon. And catch rate won't be necessarily easy. And IVs definitely won't be perfect.

Cool story bro, but from the sound of it you just want everyone to have one which will do just the opposite of what you want. It's a monkey's paw. You get what you want, but there is some horrible side effect to it.

This whole thread can be summed up as salt because people disagree with your view, but you don't even bother listening to or understanding why they are disagreeing. You would rather take it personally than to understand that it's simply not healthy for the game for players to be able to perma-keep Uber legends.

19 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

In your poll, 27 people voted to NOT add ubers if it means that Gym/E4 rematches will be nerfed. 7 people voted for "yes". Claiming that "not many people do gym rematches" is quite opposite of your data- and the poll is also not very relevant since it takes data from 34 players out of much, much bigger player base. You lack numbers to back it up, and data overall to back it up.

19 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Yes, however, the storyline isn't "MMO" part of this game. It teaches players basics about all aspects of gameplay but isn't the core of MMO. Currently, we have Gym rematches, Battle Frontier and PVP for the endgame, but also other PVE styles of gameplay too. Once you give player Rayquaza, you must adjust everything to be able to stop that Rayquaza somehow- which makes it A MUST to have, otherwise you simply are lacking the means to efficient grind.

Some of powerhouse legendaries would make it much much easier to counter teams of NPCs

20 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

That's not the point at all. It seems like you have just gone out of your way to disregard literally everything you have been told because it doesn't fit your view. The point is not placing anything in Ubers.

This isn't the vanilla games. You want the vanilla experience, then go play them. PvP itself is not part of the vanilla experience, but rather an optional offshoot. The core gameplay is singleplayer. Point. Blank. Period. Again, devs don't want anything in Ubers.

It would be a huge deal because the mass influx of cash will inflate the economy in game past the point of no return. I don't know how many times you can be told this, but that's a pretty major issue. If you don't want mass inflation, you don't want there to be an easy win solution for rematches.

Not everyone would get a legend at the end of a dungeon run in the first place. The point is to keep the ones that are going to be perma-keep special and rare.

Cool story bro, but from the sound of it you just want everyone to have one which will do just the opposite of what you want. It's a monkey's paw. You get what you want, but there is some horrible side effect to it.

This whole thread can be summed up as salt because people disagree with your view, but you don't even bother listening to or understanding why they are disagreeing. You would rather take it personally than to understand that it's simply not healthy for the game for players to be able to perma-keep Uber legends.

Pretty much all these points sum up why they shouldn't

Again with this? Have you not realized that it is impossible to argue with people who have no idea what the word "coherence" means? You can search all gyms of all regions with nidoking and aerodactyl at lvl 100, but they consider that the legendary would make the game easy. You can use the same 6 pokémon in pvp and win all the battles, but they consider that with legendary it would be easier, you can get bored of seeing how they destroy a franchise with pathetic arguments depriving us of something that is as natural as choosing an initial, or you can buy yourself A 3ds and be happy with what's right.

I mean according to the people here and THAT one staff member all legendaries are ubers , since they "force" you to have one specific thing to counter them lol, sounds like half of the OU roster, but what do I know.

Edited by Arielle
3 minutes ago, Arielle said:

I mean according to the people here and THAT one staff member all legendaries are ubers , since they "force" you to have one specific thing to counter them lol, sounds like half of the OU roster, but what do I know.

This depends on each player and his strategy, I've been counting the 100% of the OU for months in both ranked and normal pvp using NU.

I would take this poll as a grain of salt, only the minority of people voice their opinions in places such as forums, discord, etc... Most are too much playing the game to be completely honest with you.

Legendaries need to be in the game for every single player period.  Or completely Delete them off the game all together and remove them from the pockets of GMs, SGMs, MODs, etc.

7 minutes ago, maximilious said:

I would take this poll as a grain of salt, only the minority of people voice their opinions in places such as forums, discord, etc... Most are too much playing the game to be completely honest with you.

Legendaries need to be in the game for every single player period.  Or completely Delete them off the game all together and remove them from the pockets of GMs, SGMs, MODs, etc.

That’s fair.

Maybe when dungeons hit the “PTS” phase, I’ll run this poll once more.

Perhaps peoples minds might change by then, especially if all these nerfs are to occur

14 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

That’s fair.

Maybe when dungeons hit the “PTS” phase, I’ll run this poll once more.

Perhaps peoples minds might change by then, especially if all these nerfs are to occur

Lol, guess third time's the charm

No power creep please. I'd rather play the original games than suffer any form of legendaries and powercreep in PvP/PvE.

Legendary followers sounds good though. :)

I hope a new tier is added, if Hidden Abilities are enabled...

Edited by SeekDWay