Uber Legendary Poll

Uber Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should we be allowed to perma-keep Uber legends along with the other legendaries that shall be released alongside dungeons that will most likely be released after Sinnoh?

• Yes, because (comment below)
    • No, because (comment below)

I honestly don't see the reason for the strong opposition to legendary (any legendary) pokemon being available. If they're barred from PvP and any type of competitive play, then why is there so much anger over it? Is it fear that it'll hurt the economy? bar them from the gtl then. There is literally no reason not to do this save for them hurting some mechanic or feature that they can easily be excluded from.

1 minute ago, Pizzachu said:

I honestly don't see the reason for the strong opposition to legendary (any legendary) pokemon being available. If they're barred from PvP and any type of competitive play, then why is there so much anger over it? Is it fear that it'll hurt the economy? bar them from the gtl then. There is literally no reason not to do this save for them hurting some mechanic or feature that they can easily be excluded from.

Why do we play Pokémon and within this franchise do these Pokémon exist, the question is why deny us?

The only other argument i've seen is everyone having them ruining the uniqueness. But that already happened all the time in the actual games, you can likely to this day go onto the global trade network and find pages of any legendary pokemon being offered in exchange for whatever else. If it's not wanting to see them following other people, add an option to turn legendary followers off. Again, it all comes back to compromise and how much extra effort/code the developers are willing to put in for us.

Edited by Pizzachu
9 minutes ago, Pizzachu said:

Farming gym leaders with Water Spout Kyogre makes making money super easy. It's mainly an economy issue.

Just now, Raichu4u said:

Farming gym leaders with Water Spout Kyogre makes making money super easy. It's mainly an economy issue.

This newest update is making farming easier. With sinnoh coming shortly and lucky egg and amulet coin becoming consumables, gym/e4 rematches will be less significant in the economy

16 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

That could again be solved by excluding them. In that case it could likely be a simple IF then statement for the gyms, ie
If
party slot 1-6 contains (any uber pokemon id) {
Print "Gym Leader: Woah there! League rules don't allow pokemon considered to be hazardously powerful to battle in official matches. You'll have to drop them off at a pokemon center and come back if you want a rematch"};

probably a little more complex code wise than that, but you get the point.

Edited by Pizzachu
Just now, Pizzachu said:

That could again be solved by excluding them. In that case it could likely be a simple IF then statement for the gyms, ie
If
Print "Gym Leader: Woah there! League rule don't allow pokemon considered to be hazardously powerful to battle in official matches. You'll have to drop them off at a pokemon center and come back if you want a rematch"};

This is a solid idea. They already have the coding to do so, with how much is excluded when someone is in possession of mewtwo or rayquaza.

I support this now.

If
Print "Gym Leader: Woah there! League rules don't allow pokemon considered to be hazardously powerful to battle in official matches. You'll have to drop them off at a pokemon center and come back if you want a rematch"};

That would actually be a pretty solid idea

2 hours ago, suigin said:

But we don't, that's the point we don't want them. We're not getting Uber legendaries at all and Boltblades really really wants them.

Nobody said they wanted them in gymnasiums, in fact if you scroll to the top of the page, the person you're accusing of really really wanting them supported my suggestion of making it so you couldn't rematch/battle gyms with them in your party. Wouldn't that be a fair compromise? It's not like there's no way to have ubers without them effecting others play experience.

Edited by Pizzachu
my ability to proofread sucks

Nobody said they wanted them in gymnasiums, in fact if you scroll to the top of the page, the person you're accusing of really really wanting them supported my suggestion of making it so you couldn't rematch/battle gyms with them in your party. Wouldn't that be a fair compromise? It's not like there's no way to have ubers without them effecting others play experience.

So you wouldn't be able to use them in PVP, you wouldn't be able to play through stories (naturally), you wouldn't be able to rematch trainers with them. Is the goal here just to have them follow you around and to shiny hunt them? Maybe do contests? I'm not getting the goal

The goal is to catch them all. I'd rather have them than not, even if it comes with limitations, and i'm more than willing to wait until more important features are finished, but i'd like to see them in pokemmo in some capacity. Or, maybe instead of not being able to battle gyms with them, you just don't get any money.

Edit: my mistake, my suggestion was that you wouldn't be able to Rematch gyms, not battle. So, you'd be able to clear the story fine, you just wouldn't be able to grind money.

Edited by Pizzachu
1 hour ago, suigin said:

So you wouldn't be able to use them in PVP, you wouldn't be able to play through stories (naturally), you wouldn't be able to rematch trainers with them. Is the goal here just to have them follow you around and to shiny hunt them? Maybe do contests? I'm not getting the goal

As @Pizzachu said, the main goal of Pokémon is to CATCH THEM ALL. And you cannot exactly do that if any of the Pokémon can’t be perma-kept, including Uber legends.

Uber legends with restrictions is much better than none at all. They could be used for showing off, casual play, contests, etc.

And before you or someone else says, “Oh, but that’ll make them less special”, keep in mind there’s 50+ legendaries in existence. So a Pokémon being “Legendary” doesn’t nearly mean as much as it did back when it was just the birds, Mewtwo, and Mew.

Also, Uber legends are consistently used in many tourney/competitive formats with restrictions, most common being 2 per team. Fact being, a majority of the VGC players had at least 1 or 2 Uber legends on their teams.

And if that’s not enough, I should also remind you on how last year, they had a “Legendary” year, where they gave away the Uber legends via code/WiFi access. Not to mention the countless legendaries you can get on GTS, for something as small as a Caterpie even(Believe me, I got a Kyogre for a Magneton).

Trying to replicate that “special” status and enforcing it on all the Uber legends os a terrible idea and will not end well.

And also, like it was said, you cannot use Mewtwo/Rayquaza for Gym/E4 rematches, even when they are under your ownership. They could easily code the other Uber legends to be treated the same way.

Legendaries will break the game. In it's current form, it is fine enough. 

The game already has enough power creep thanks to generation 5. OU is nothing but Conkeldurrs and Hydreigons. 

And legendaries for PvE will simply make the runs too easy. 

4 hours ago, TrainerAce said:

Legendaries will break the game. In it's current form, it is fine enough. 

The game already has enough power creep thanks to generation 5. OU is nothing but Conkeldurrs and Hydreigons. 

And legendaries for PvE will simply make the runs too easy. 

Clearly you haven’t read the previous comments

1 hour ago, WildHodor said:

Clearly never read any of the reasons the devs gave, none of your so called solutions handle them

Alright, then please, by all means, point me to where i can read any reasons i've missed, or state them.

39 minutes ago, Dazuzi said:

That's a brave statement coming from you out of all people.

And that's an unconstructive and unnecessary comment, regardless of who you're addressing it to.

19 hours ago, Pizzachu said:

That is why Mewtwo and Rayquaza are already King of the Hill events in game. They would hurt mechanics that they could be excluded from and the simplest fix is to not let you keep them.

The only other argument i've seen is everyone having them ruining the uniqueness. But that already happened all the time in the actual games, you can likely to this day go onto the global trade network and find pages of any legendary pokemon being offered in exchange for whatever else. If it's not wanting to see them following other people, add an option to turn legendary followers off. Again, it all comes back to compromise and how much extra effort/code the developers are willing to put in for us.

This isn't the real games. Stop comparing PokeMMO to them. That's where a lot of misunderstandings come from. The vanilla games are singleplayer at their core so there is no reason to not allow players access to even the most OP stuff in game. There aren't any economic repercussions to it. In an MMO there are. It has nothing to do with extra effort on their part. It has to do with keeping the economy in balance.

If

probably a little more complex code wise than that, but you get the point.

They do not want to allow you to keep something if they don't want you using it. The whole point is not allowing anything to reside in the Uber tier.

19 hours ago, CatHeads said:

This is a solid idea. They already have the coding to do so, with how much is excluded when someone is in possession of mewtwo or rayquaza.

I support this now.

Because the dev team does not want something that in game for you to perma-keep that you can't use. It's a point that's been brought up too many times to count. Locking them out of PvP, Gym Battles, and GTL defeats the entire design scheme of making sure that you can use what you are allowed to keep.

19 hours ago, Raichu4u said:

19 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

This newest update is making farming easier. With sinnoh coming shortly and lucky egg and amulet coin becoming consumables, gym/e4 rematches will be less significant in the economy

How do you propose the mass influx of money be handled? You have yet to address that. For someone opposed to mass inflation you sure don't seem to understand the implications.  Supporting the notion that they wouldn't be allowed in Gym battles doesn't magically fix anything. Excluding them from PvP and PvE essentially gives you a waste of PC space. You wouldn't be able to use it in any manner. Why have it taking up space if you can't use it? You also make the assumption that the dev team has magically labelled all legends as Uber when that is not the case. Only a handful of legends are considered Uber, even by Smogon.