Need help building a team

I’m looking to start pokemmo completely fresh and I have no idea where to start and what type of team to build, anyone have any teams they don't mind sharing that got them through each region.

Any tips on where to start and what pokemon are strong early would be great too!

Edit : Not too into competitive so I don't really focus on IVs but I don’t really mind EV training.

Edited by IamChrisGaming
53 minutes ago, IamChrisGaming said:

I’m looking to start pokemmo completely fresh and I have no idea where to start and what type of team to build, anyone have any teams they don't mind sharing that got them through each region.

Any tips on where to start and what pokemon are strong early would be great too!

Edit : Not too into competitive so I don't really focus on IVs but I don’t really mind EV training.

Tip: what you want to do is catch an oddish (kanto) or a Foongus (unova) that knows sweet scent, then when you get stuck go to the highest wild encounter spot you can find and spam the sweet scent/train your pokemon until you hit the lvl cap, also you can only use sweet scent 4 times (6 if P maxed out) so make sure to buy from leppa berries (but you cant use GTL until you have 4 badges)

Edited by JustAsking123

Hey and Welcome!

To start it's always good to build your team with the 3 core elements of Fire, Water, and Grass as these will help you cover a good amount of weaknesses. As for a starting region some people find some regions to be harder or easier but it depends how well they construct their team but I'll use Kanto as an example. So for each of the regions this would be a reasonable 3 Pokemon you would want to have on your team

Fire, Water, and Grass core

Charizard, Starmie, Vileplume
Blastoise, Arcanine, Victreebell
Venusaur, Ninetales, Lapras

Another spot on your team should be for a flying type Pokemon that will be able to transport you to different cities quickly. You can forgo a flying type and switch one from your PC while playing but that can be a hassle to do at times. Some good flying types that you could use on your team for each region could consist of

Flying:
Crobat, Dodrio, and Pidgeot

The last two spots on your team can be reserved for Pokemon that will cover the weaknesses to your team or provide you with more type options. For example if you used this team

Venusaur, Ninetales, Lapras, Dodrio,

You would want to have a Pokemon that can deal with electric types as both Lapras and Dodrio are weak to it so you could add something like a Rhyhorn and your last spot could be a  Pokemon such as Alakazam as it's a special sweeper and an amazing Pokemon to have in a Kanto playthrough. You don't have to go with the Pokemon I picked but just be aware of typings and make sure that you have Pokemon to cover your weaknesses. I hope this is helpful. :)