Need help teaching Ferrothorn egg moves

Hi everyone,

I need help learning egg moves for my Ferrothorn in PokeMMO. So essentially, I would like to have a male Ferrothorn know the moves Spikes, Stealth Rock, Leech Seed and Thunder Wave/Toxic. I'm not too concerned about Thunder Wave/Toxic as I can use a TM for that. However, for the previous three moves, I'm in a pickle. I have never really bred Pokemon before to learn certain moves.

Can anyone tell me the simplest way I can go about getting a male Ferrothorn with those 3 egg moves without wasting too much time? I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

59 minutes ago, MisterDecent27 said:

Thanks but could you explain the exact procedure? Like in steps. Do I need a male cacnea? Or a male ferroseed?

•  

Breeding anything with the desired moves will make them capable of being inherited, so if you breed a Cacnea with Spikes with a Ferroseed and the baby pokemon is a Ferroseed (The Mother (female) pokemon determines what species the baby is) then that Ferroseed will learn Spikes.

"Egg Move" moves (things that can ONLY be learned via breeding) will take highest priority for the 4 move slots the baby has (making them chosen first over things like TMs / Move Tutor moves.). If you have more than 4 Egg Moves between both parents and you want a specific 4 and it isn't selecting those 4 you can use the Move Deleter to remove the undesirable moves.

As people mentioned, Cacnea learns Leech Seed at Lvl 10 and Spikes at Lvl 30, breeding a Male Cacnea with a Female Ferroseed will get it onto the desirable species, then just make sure you are using THAT specific ferroseed for future breeding so the egg moves are kept and you should be all set! c:

Step by step:
Obtain Male Cacnea
Teach it Leech Seed & Spikes
Breed it with a Ferrothorn / Ferroseed
Obtain Ferroseed with both egg moves!

Happy Breeding, Lord of Avernus. Mists guide you c:

4 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Breeding anything with the desired moves will make them capable of being inherited, so if you breed a Cacnea with Spikes with a Ferroseed and the baby pokemon is a Ferroseed (The Mother (female) pokemon determines what species the baby is) then that Ferroseed will learn Spikes.

"Egg Move" moves (things that can ONLY be learned via breeding) will take highest priority for the 4 move slots the baby has (making them chosen first over things like TMs / Move Tutor moves.). If you have more than 4 Egg Moves between both parents and you want a specific 4 and it isn't selecting those 4 you can use the Move Deleter to remove the undesirable moves.

As people mentioned, Cacnea learns Leech Seed at Lvl 10 and Spikes at Lvl 30, breeding a Male Cacnea with a Female Ferroseed will get it onto the desirable species, then just make sure you are using THAT specific ferroseed for future breeding so the egg moves are kept and you should be all set! c:

Happy Breeding, Lord of Avernus. Mists guide you c:

Thank you very much Matoka! Great advice! :D