For people who do not have sound in the game

Hello! I have had sound problems in the game for a long time and I came up with this solution by chance, trying to modify the RAM to have a better playing experience. I had absolutely no sound.
If you do not have sound in the game, in the folder where the game is located there is a file called '' PokeMMO.l4j '' where is the RAM that is used in the game. Open the file with the note bloc and you will find this by default;
-Xms128M
-Xmx256M
-Dfile.encoding = "UTF-8"
Well, to have sound in the game there are 3 simple steps
1- Delete the line '' -Dfile.encoding = "UTF-8" without touching the rest
2- Save the file
3- Enjoy the sound;

PD: SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH, I'M SPANISH BOY

2 hours ago, xMigue28 said:

Hello! I have had sound problems in the game for a long time and I came up with this solution by chance, trying to modify the RAM to have a better playing experience. I had absolutely no sound.
If you do not have sound in the game, in the folder where the game is located there is a file called '' PokeMMO.l4j '' where is the RAM that is used in the game. Open the file with the note bloc and you will find this by default;
-Xms128M
-Xmx256M
2- Save the file
3- Enjoy the sound;

Programming-wise, that dfile.encoding thing shouldn't really affect the programming/logic section of the program. Dfile.encoding = UTF-8 simply saves files (in Java) with an UTF-8 language encoding, meaning that it will display several symbols even from different languages (as opposed to the old and obsolete ASCII). Are you sure you didn't edit anything else? Or, like, update your drivers?

This has been reported before, look at the replies on this post (my first reply was back when I was staff so that was the official response), it might help you understand what's going on with the issue. 

It's not a one-size-fits-all error, it seems to affect clients at random and only a few have been fixable, and all in different ways too! So thank you for this post, it might help some people :) 

Edited by Dibz
12 hours ago, JonnerTronner said:

En cuanto a la programación, esa cosa dfile.encoding no debería afectar realmente la sección de programación / lógica del programa. Dfile.encoding = UTF-8 simplemente guarda archivos (en Java) con una codificación de idioma UTF-8, lo que significa que mostrará varios símbolos incluso de diferentes idiomas (a diferencia del ASCII antiguo y obsoleto). ¿Estás seguro de que no editaste nada más? ¿O, como, actualizar tus drivers?

Hi friend! No, I did not edit anything else, the only thing I did was erase that line. If it works for you in the windows volume mixer, the POKEMMO application did not come out in order to increase or decrease the volume of the game. But when I deleted that line from the text document, everything worked correctly with sound and now I can modify it as I want. 

Hey guys! I had the same problem, on Windows 7. I did what xMigue28 said and, suprisingly, it worked!

Before the "fixing", the game's icon wasn't showing in the sound mixer. After erasing the " -Dfile.encoding = "UTF-8" " line, the icon showed, and so the sound came back!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 12:50 AM, xMigue28 said:

-Xms128M
-Xmx256M
2- Save the file
3- Enjoy the sound;

Thank you so much ! It works perfectly !!

• 4 months later...
On 7/14/2019 at 7:50 PM, xMigue28 said:

-Xms128M
-Xmx256M
2- Save the file
3- Enjoy the sound;

Thank you! That fixed the issue for me!!!