New player! Have a couple questions

I'm new to pokemmo and making my character, got a few questions I haven't been able to find elsewhere:

Are customization options genderlocked? I like the guy hair options better but it doesn't let me wear a skirt. If I go to a store in-game will I be able to equip anything that's being sold, or are some of em locked out to me?

Are reward points and items in the gift shop unlocked only via cash? I read something that implied cash options could be bought on a market in-game.

Thank you!

Cash buys Reward Points, Reward Points buy certain Vanities. Those same Vanities may also be available for sale on the Global Trade Link if players that have purchased them want to sell them their.

Re gender specific options, I’ve not got any experience of that so we’ll have to wait on someone else to answer that part.

Basic stuff from the character selection screen like hairstyles and the option of a skirt are gender-locked, yes. There's nothing sold by NPCs or on the gift shop that are locked to you, however.

You can obtain reward points by donating irl money, winning official events or simply using pokeyen to buy those Gift Shop items off someone else.