Platinum Legendary Event

HackGod

Question

1 hour ago, Munya said:

Nothings currently banned to ubers

Rip, well then I edit my previous post to “things that used to be banned to ubers”.

My main point still stands about the uber legends just having stupid base stats, etc.

5 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

English please

He's asking you how would the increased money generation be balanced by influx of new hyper rare shinies, since you suggested earlier that it would.

On 7/16/2019 at 10:30 AM, Dazuzi said:

He's asking you how would the increased money generation be balanced by influx of new hyper rare shinies, since you suggested earlier that it would.

It’s rather simple my friend.

The E4/Gym rematch yield is quite small as it is(500 BP/~60k per run), and the rewards keep getting nerfed regardless. So letting the value for those fall isn’t that big of a deal. (Even then, sometimes the Gym leaders/E4 have legendaries, so it’ll balance out more so)

They said that dungeons won’t be easy and it’ll be like the elfbot event, requiring 2-4 people to do such. So the prices for Legendaries will be quite high considering they’ll be a pain to get(add-on the fact they won’t be easy to catch either), especially if they’re shiny, granted the Legendary shiny rate is also 1/30k and not skewed in any way.

(and side note: It’s kinda ironic of them saying that Uber legends will destroy the value of NPCs and economy, whereas they openly lowered the value of Pokémon like Metagross and Magnezone by allowing the breeding of genderless ‘Mons and destroyed economy that way)

So there you go. There’s my reasoning.

Edited by BoltBlades12
On 7/15/2019 at 6:54 PM, razimove said:

And out of curiosity, who's the one in charge of debating which will be uber? Cause last time, on gen5 release, I remember arguing with Senile, and he telling me something like, gliscor not that viable OU wise, porygon Z being easily checked and not a big threat that would justify OU tier, between others, so I dont think TC judgement should define what gets what, ofc some are obviously going to be insane, others are going to be alright. But make an open discussion with the community before considering XYZ into the meta.

^please.

I'm sorry if this isn't considered relevant input but please open up a discussion with players before deciding what's Uber and what isn't. Both in the case of HAs and Legendaries.

On 7/19/2019 at 11:19 AM, BoltBlades12 said:

The E4/Gym rematch yield is quite small as it is(500 BP/~60k per run), and the rewards keep getting nerfed regardless. So letting the value for those fall isn’t that big of a deal. (Even then, sometimes the Gym leaders/E4 have legendaries, so it’ll balance out more so)

Name one of those with an Uber legend. Last I checked there wasn't a single NPC running around with a Mewtwo or Rayquaza. I'm not certain about Reshiram/Zekrom, but I would wager the only reason you can't keep it is because there is no encounter table for it beyond storyline, but I could be wrong.

On 7/19/2019 at 3:41 PM, Dibz said:

^please.

I'm sorry if this isn't considered relevant input but please open up a discussion with players before deciding what's Uber and what isn't. Both in the case of HAs and Legendaries.

I mean it's a long way off and a lot of it will depend on which order each legendary gets released in. Let's say we drop in Keldeo raw right here and right now (Or with Sinnoh). I'm pretty damn sure it will end up in Uber, however with other legendaries around like Latias it'll be way more bearable (This is just a wild guess, I'd have to have a discussion with the rest of the TC to see if my assessment is correct).

On a superficial look right now I think anything outside of Smogon's BW Uber tier is fair game, the genies are a special case even without therian formes (Assuming BW2 isn't implemented by the time we get them) since we can always not release Landorus' Hidden Ability in Sheer Force like we're planning to do with Blaziken or Gothitelle and our Thundurus would be way nerfed compared to vanilla BW's and even then an eventual release of their therian formes will render at least one form of them useable so it's probably safe to make a dungeon for them.

I'd say ""hot"" topics would probably be Mew (Our Mew is better than BW's with Defog but I doubt it's banworthy), Latios (I'd say it's arguably better due to 31 IVs Hp Fire, granted other people disagree with me on this due to a bunch of contextual stuff in Smogon's BW meta which is fair but I doubt it's banworthy), we could maybe discuss Darkrai if we're high as kites and Manaphy (No permanent rain, I think it's still overpowered but eh) but again we haven't given any of these any thought whatsoever since we don't know when dungeons are coming out and I doubt these are priority mons to make dungeons for and I'm pretty much reaching by calling them hot since I'm sure everyone will be like "yeah whatever add it and we'll see".

1 hour ago, suigin said:

I mean it's a long way off and a lot of it will depend on which order each legendary gets released in. Let's say we drop in Keldeo raw right here and right now (Or with Sinnoh). I'm pretty damn sure it will end up in Uber, however with other legendaries around like Latias it'll be way more bearable (This is just a wild guess, I'd have to have a discussion with the rest of the TC to see if my assessment is correct).

On a superficial look right now I think anything outside of Smogon's BW Uber tier is fair game, the genies are a special case even without therian formes (Assuming BW2 isn't implemented by the time we get them) since we can always not release Landorus' Hidden Ability in Sheer Force like we're planning to do with Blaziken or Gothitelle and our Thundurus would be way nerfed compared to vanilla BW's and even then an eventual release of their therian formes will render at least one form of them useable so it's probably safe to make a dungeon for them.

I'd say ""hot"" topics would probably be Mew (Our Mew is better than BW's with Defog but I doubt it's banworthy), Latios (I'd say it's arguably better due to 31 IVs Hp Fire, granted other people disagree with me on this due to a bunch of contextual stuff in Smogon's BW meta which is fair but I doubt it's banworthy), we could maybe discuss Darkrai if we're high as kites and Manaphy (No permanent rain, I think it's still overpowered but eh) but again we haven't given any of these any thought whatsoever since we don't know when dungeons are coming out and I doubt these are priority mons to make dungeons for and I'm pretty much reaching by calling them hot since I'm sure everyone will be like "yeah whatever add it and we'll see".

Yeah I'd rather have certain legendaries without their hidden abilities than not get them at all. I feel like legendary pokemon might get released all at once when they're ready given that they'd all most likely end up in Ubers if they were released one by one as you said. The discussion behind HA Pokemon would be between the staff and TC but I'd really appreciate the community's input being asked once you have a topic of discussion set up. But with which legendaries would be usable and which would break the game in PvP (and by extension, PvE grinds), I'd really appreciate the discussion being public right off the bat. You're only a few people and as good as you might be at your jobs, there are always going to be other points of view and some of them might end up being very valid. Plus you guys have tons of time to discuss all this between yourselves before dungeons are probably going out to PTS and/or launch. 

Also, have you thought about starting Darkrai out in NU? Ez.

20 minutes ago, Dibz said:

Also, have you thought about starting Darkrai out in NU? Ez.

1 hour ago, suigin said:

we could maybe discuss Darkrai if we're high as kites

Regarding Darkrai, it all comes down to the accuracy of Dark Void. Because keep in mind DV got a SIGNIFICANT accuracy nerf in Gen 7, which was so significant, most Darkrai sets stopped using Dark Void. So if Dark Void is already implemented with Gen 7 mechanics, it most likely won’t be Uber.

So again, Darkrai’s spot in the meta will most likely depend on Dark Void’s accuracy.

3 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Regarding Darkrai, it all comes down to the accuracy of Dark Void. Because keep in mind DV got a SIGNIFICANT accuracy nerf in Gen 7, which was so significant, most Darkrai sets stopped using Dark Void. So if Dark Void is already implemented with Gen 7 mechanics, it most likely won’t be Uber.

So again, Darkrai’s spot in the meta will most likely depend on Dark Void’s accuracy.

Yeah sure, Dark Void's nerf is why it'd remotely ever be considered, the issue is everything else about Darkrai such as its stats and movepool. But this is a discussion that will take place a long long time in the future

2 hours ago, suigin said:

Yeah sure, Dark Void's nerf is why it'd remotely ever be considered, the issue is everything else about Darkrai such as its stats and movepool. But this is a discussion that will take place a long long time in the future

Agreed.

1 hour ago, suigin said:

Lol I can't wait, Darkrai's implementation being discussed will be better than Togekiss :D I'm okay with it being implemented since Dark Void is 50% now, its base stats are pretty good but we've got similar in the OU metagame already (idk anything about the dubs meta) so it'd be an interesting discussion.