Platinum Legendary Event

HackGod

Question

7 minutes ago, HackGod said:

I suggest arceus be the mewtwo of platinum 

1 minute ago, HackGod said:

inb4 giratina 

I don’t intend to sound mean when I say this, but do you put any thought into your posts here at all? Every time you post it seems to be a random ejaculation of words with little to no explanation, reasoning, logic, or context..

4 hours ago, maximilious said:

how you know?

They said every legendary will be available for perma-keep with dungeons.

So when they come out, Mewtwo and Rayquaza will be moved to dungeons along with all the rest of the legendaries

45 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

They said every legendary will be available for perma-keep with dungeons.

So when they come out, Mewtwo and Rayquaza will be moved to dungeons along with all the rest of the legendaries

We didn't say this.

We have no intention of releasing legendaries that would be placed in the 'Ubers' tier in any keep-able method at all, to clarify.

8 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

So Uber is taboo here?

Taboo is perhaps not the right word, but we'd like to avoid having anything placed into the Uber tier where possible, as it is effectively a glorified banlist and we don't believe that providing content to players that they are unable to use is good design.

This means that it's likely some legendaries will not see a keep-able release, and that some 'mons have some slightly adjustments to their movepools or available abilities if applicable.

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

and we don't believe that providing content to players that they are unable to use is good design.

It’s not like everyone does PvP.

The so called “Uber legends” could be used for other purposes other than just a dex entry. Such as PvE, AFK’ing in Vermilion, Contests, etc.

Besides, it was also said they wouldn’t be breedable. So poor ivs would make even something like Mewtwo pretty harmless.

Even then, having the Uber legendaries brings more opportunities. Such as surprising Pokemon that can counter them well and could rise in popularity.

And also, it’s quite entertaining to see the one guy with Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Mewtwo, Zekrom, and Reshiram get beaten by a team of 6 lvl 1 Rattatas.

And also, having Uber as another tournament tier wouldn’t be the end of the world. It’d more likely bring more popularity to PvP.

5 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

It’s not like everyone does PvP.

The so called “Uber legends” could be used for other purposes other than just a dex entry. Such as PvE, AFK’ing in Vermilion, Contests, etc.

PvE play is just as important as PvP play, and we don't want to unbalance either part of the game, as they both play a role in player experience and economics.

6 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Besides, it was also said they wouldn’t be breedable. So poor ivs would make even something like Mewtwo pretty harmless.

Poor IVs wouldn't make it harmless, but assuming it did - we've never said that IVs wouldn't be able to be manipulated in some way.

7 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Even then, having the Uber legendaries brings more opportunities. Such as surprising Pokemon that can counter them well and could rise in popularity.

This wouldn't make them any less centralizing or 'broken'.

7 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

And also, it’s quite entertaining to see the one guy with Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Mewtwo, Zekrom, and Reshiram get beaten by a team of 6 lvl 1 Rattatas.

I'm sure it is, but realistically it's very unlikely to happen in tournaments.

8 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

And also, having Uber as another tournament tier wouldn’t be the end of the world. It’d more likely bring more popularity to PvP.

They would also consist of largely the same species over and over again; It's a gimmick that would only be exciting for a limited period of time before it was more of the same.

I don't deny that Uber legendaries can be 'fun' in certain scenarios, but this isn't a good enough reason to implement them by itself when the negatives outweigh the positives.

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

I don't deny that Uber legendaries can be 'fun' in certain scenarios, but this isn't a good enough reason to implement them by itself when the negatives outweigh the positives.

There isn’t truly a negative in making Ubers like Kyogre and Rayquaza perma-keep. All it does is makes them Uber to where they can only be used in Ubers or AG matches. Big whoop. PvP is already predictable as it is.

Also, isn’t the whole purpose of the game is for people to have fun? How can they if they cannot have the full experience, which includes giving access to the so called “broken legendaries”.

And again, like I said, allowing perma-keep uber legends is a good thing. And not just because of the rattata sweep, but also the challenge of countering such Pokemon. And it’s not like the Uber legends are invincible to where only other Uber legends can defeat them.

Maybe have the Uber legends also be available in dungeons, but at a much rarer rate, or even based off limited time. Similar to how in Pokemon Go, you can find certain legendaries in raid battles for a limited time. The same concept could just as well be applied to dungeons.

**Side-note, even in the vanilla games, they have countermeasures to prevent this same problem you claim.

Such as in Battle Frontier, Battle Tree, Battle Spot, etc, the only legendaries you can use are the minors like Landorus, Zapdos, and Latios. You can’t use Mythicals or Uber legends there.

And even in tournaments such as VGC, they have various restrictions; such as no Mega Stones, no Z-Moves, only Pokemon caught from certain games, etc.

However, one common restriction is that they have a list of the Uber legends and they only allow you to bring 2 of them on your team. So no full legendary teams in tourneys.

So in general, the only time you can run around with a full team of Uber legends is during casual play; whether it be shiny hunting, NPC rematches, AFK’ing in Vermilion, etc, and that’s completely fine and fair.

They could just as easily apply the sane concepts and restrictions to MMO. Problem solved.

Edited by BoltBlades12
1 hour ago, BoltBlades12 said:

There isn’t truly a negative in making Ubers like Kyogre and Rayquaza perma-keep. All it does is makes them Uber to where they can only be used in Ubers or AG matches. Big whoop. PvP is already predictable as it is.

Also, isn’t the whole purpose of the game is for people to have fun? How can they if they cannot have the full experience, which includes giving access to the so called “broken legendaries”.

If we're having to place them into their own tier list called 'Ubers' because they're simply too strong for traditional tiers, then they are defacto 'broken'.

We don't wish to treat PvE and PvP as entirely separate entities - you can see this in our design with the introduction of mechanics such as level caps and lack of a 'switch' battle option, to try help teach players how to play in a competitive environment.

Allowing them in PvE play as you originally suggested also undermines the difficulty and challenge placed on a lot of the battles, which has an effect on the economy.

**Side-note, even in the vanilla games, they have countermeasures to prevent this same problem you claim.

Such as in Battle Frontier, Battle Tree, Battle Spot, etc, the only legendaries you can use are the minors like Landorus, Zapdos, and Latios. You can’t use Mythicals or Uber legends there.

And even in tournaments such as VGC, they have various restrictions; such as no Mega Stones, no Z-Moves, only Pokemon caught from certain games, etc.

However, one common restriction is that they have a list of the Uber legends and they only allow you to bring 2 of them on your team. So no full legendary teams in tourneys.

So in general, the only time you can run around with a full team of Uber legends is during casual play; whether it be shiny hunting, NPC rematches, AFK’ing in Vermilion, etc, and that’s completely fine and fair.

In regards to this and your suggestion of just allowing them inside an uber-restricted bracket only - we don't believe this to be good design.

We've stated many times in the past that we don't want to provide the player with something that we only allow them to use in very niche circumstances because it would be otherwise unbalanced - and currently isn't a design concept we'd like to change.

Anyway let's get back on topic please, the 'King of the hill' legendary for Sinnoh.

57 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Allowing them in PvE play as you originally suggested also undermines the difficulty and challenge placed on a lot of the battles, which has an effect on the economy.

That’s where you’re wrong. Even with uber legendaries, they don’t affect things like shiny rate, probability of Chansey holding lucky eggs, catch rate, etc.

Besides, nobody really asked for a challenge. In this context, it’s being forced upon them.

they (pokemmo staff) has avoided putting legendaries into the game for a reason, I think its fucking dumb but that's my opinion.  They will just keep telling ya "dungeon" in the hopes people stay quiet while they do other things tbh.

I been around long enough

dont like it in pvp? if you got X legendary in your party you cant pvp in tournaments, ez

dont like it in pve? make it so you cant battle gym leaders, E4 with X legendary, another EZ PZ fix.

both fixed easy 

Edited by maximilious
6 minutes ago, maximilious said:

they (pokemmo staff) has avoided putting legendaries into the game for a reason, I think its fucking dumb but that's my opinion.  They will just keep telling ya "dungeon" in the hopes people stay quiet while they do other things tbh.

dont like it in pvp? if you got X legendary in your party you cant pvp in tournaments, ez

dont like it in pve? make it so you cant battle gym leaders, E4 with X legendary, another EZ PZ fix.

both fixed easy 

That.....actually.....is a pretty good idea.

31 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Even with uber legendaries, they don’t affect things like shiny rate, probability of Chansey holding lucky eggs, catch rate, etc.

The economy goes far beyond ''things like shiny rate, probability of Chansey holding lucky eggs, catch rate, etc.'' Having these uber-tier legendaries available would not only make every NPC battle much easier and increase gold generation even further, which is the last thing the economy needs right now, but they would also essentially become the 'norm', meaning there would be an OP PvE team with all these ubers included and an inferior PvE team with these ubers excluded and anyone who willingly wouldn't use them is basically just being intentionally inefficient. To be honest with you, you sound like you would be much happier playing on an offline emulator.

31 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Besides, nobody really asked for a challenge. In this context, it’s being forced upon them.

I noticed you tend to use generalization when you really only speak for/about yourself, I suggest using the word 'I' or 'me' instead of words like 'them' or 'nobody'. Anyways, pretty sure most of the community including me would like to keep the game difficulty as it is and not turn it into an easy mode.

Genuine question, did you lose a bet or something and now have to comment on every thread which mentions Sinnoh/Dungeons/Legendaries to some extent? I honestly wouldn't even mind it if you actually had something to say, but you have been repeating the same thing for the last few months and vast majority of it can be easily deluded into 'I want legendaries and new content, when is new content coming out'.

Edited by Dazuzi
Grammar.

That’s where you’re wrong. Even with uber legendaries, they don’t affect things like shiny rate, probability of Chansey holding lucky eggs, catch rate, etc.

No. If these uber legends are available, then things like, for example, E4 rematches wouldn’t require healing items. This has an impact on the economy.

PvP is legitimately the only current end-game to this game, so forcing a challenge on the players to learn basic pvp concepts is in the devs’ best interest.

58 minutes ago, maximilious said:

both fixed easy 

This goes back to one of Darkshade’s first points. Making something available that can’t be used in things, that a normal player would assume they could be, is bad game design.

If you release legends and then say, “you can’t use these in pvp, nor can you use them in gym battles” or whatever, then people will assuredly complain. It’s better to just not have them added to the game in such a manner.

Now what I can see happening, is that you get to use these uber legendaries temporarily for specific dungeons, certain events, etc. Just no perma-keeping them.

2 minutes ago, Gilan said:

No. If these uber legends are available, then things like, for example, E4 rematches wouldn’t require healing items. This has an impact on the economy.

PvP is legitimately the only current end-game to this game, so forcing a challenge on the players to learn basic pvp concepts is in the devs’ best interest.

This goes back to one of Darkshade’s first points. Making something available that can’t be used in things, that a normal player would assume they could be, is bad game design.

If you release legends and then say, “you can’t use these in pvp, nor can you use them in gym battles” or whatever, then people will assuredly complain. It’s better to just not have them added to the game in such a manner.

Now what I can see happening, is that you get to use these uber legendaries temporarily for specific dungeons, certain events, etc. Just no perma-keeping them.

Okay, then remove all uber pokemon from the the game, because you cant use them in tournaments either...?  

there are literally OPTIONS if you want to battle certain pokemon, it's already in the game, tiers + tournament modes

53 minutes ago, maximilious said:

Okay, then remove all uber pokemon from the the game, because you cant use them in tournaments either...?  

But, the pokemon currently banned to ubers weren't always banned to ubers, and they certainly are not OP for PvE stuff (for example, Wobbuffet is uber, iirc, because if two of them face each other, you get into an infinite battle that cannot end unless someone dc's). The legends in question would get insta-banned to ubers simply due to Base stats, or whatever (I'm not a comp expert).

3 hours ago, Gilan said:

If these uber legends are available, then things like, for example, E4 rematches wouldn’t require healing items. This has an impact on the economy.

Also keep in mind that Legendaries will be very popular on the gtl, especially Shiny Legendaries with the 1/30k rate making them a super rare find.

So even if the value of Gym rematches and E4 lowers, it balances out in the end.

Edited by BoltBlades12
11 hours ago, Darkshade said:

We didn't say this.

We have no intention of releasing legendaries that would be placed in the 'Ubers' tier in any keep-able method at all, to clarify.

And out of curiosity, who's the one in charge of debating which will be uber? Cause last time, on gen5 release, I remember arguing with Senile, and he telling me something like, gliscor not that viable OU wise, porygon Z being easily checked and not a big threat that would justify OU tier, between others, so I dont think TC judgement should define what gets what, ofc some are obviously going to be insane, others are going to be alright. But make an open discussion with the community before considering XYZ into the meta.

Edited by razimove
16 hours ago, Gilan said:

But, the pokemon currently banned to ubers weren't always banned to ubers, and they certainly are not OP for PvE stuff (for example, Wobbuffet is uber, iirc, because if two of them face each other, you get into an infinite battle that cannot end unless someone dc's). The legends in question would get insta-banned to ubers simply due to Base stats, or whatever (I'm not a comp expert).

Nothings currently banned to ubers

14 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Also keep in mind that Legendaries will be very popular on the gtl, especially Shiny Legendaries with the 1/30k rate making them a super rare find.

So even if the value of Gym rematches and E4 lowers, it balances out in the end.

Umm, what, how do you figure that?  Where in that is money that is being generated at a now higher rate due to the ease at what legendaries would do content being lost?

1 hour ago, Munya said:

Umm, what, how do you figure that? Where in that is money that is being generated at a now higher rate due to the ease at what legendaries would do content being lost?

If the info we’re getting is accurate, then dungeons will function similar to the elfbot events. And this will cost much more revives and hyper potions than E4/Gyms ever did.

And for a bigger prize; Legendary Pokemon and HA ‘Mons. As opposed to the 500 BP/ 10k you get from rematching E4 and Gyms.

And factoring in Shiny Legendaries. They will be greatly sought after, especially if they also have the 1/30k shiny rate.

These facts alone will guarantee a balance/improvement of the economy.

Edited by BoltBlades12