Need moveset advice for Crobat

Hi guys,

My Crobat is not bred, so it can’t learn Brave Bird unfortunately. I was thinking what alternatives I have. So I need advice on what moveset I should have on it.

It’s ability is Inner Focus. Nature adamant. 20+ IVs on everything but attack and defense (attack is 14, defense is between 10 to 20). 

I want to make a Super Fang set, but don’t know what’s the best way to make it. Some questions I would like answered:

(1) Is Sky Attack bad?

(2) Which is better: Poison Fang or Cross Poison?

(3) Leech Life vs. Roost?

(4) Is it just better to breed a good zubat instead?

Thanks.

Edited by Hammad80

(1) yes

(2) cross poison

(3) depends on your build and item, both are good

(4) yes. if you havent finished the story it might be expensive but it'll be worth. try 2x31, 3x25 natured, including eggmoves. that pokemon would be strong enough to use it competitively.

3 hours ago, IMKWMKM said:

(1) yes

(2) cross poison

(3) depends on your build and item, both are good

(4) yes. if you havent finished the story it might be expensive but it'll be worth. try 2x31, 3x25 natured, including eggmoves. that pokemon would be strong enough to use it competitively.

Thanks. I’ll use the current one to complete the storyline and then start breeding good ones.

Crobat is mostly used as a support Pokemon, mostly due to its access to Defog which can be invaluable asset to a team because of how relevant entry hazards are for winning a game. Therefor the most common Crobat set is Defog, Roost, Brave Bird and Taunt/U-Turn. Taunt is a great move for a Pokemon with relatively mediocre damage output so that you can do some damage and prevent the opponent from healing. Alternatively, U-Turning out is a great way to keep momentum.

For storyline/PvE, just get 4 strongest offensive moves you can get your hands on.