Memento on Dugtrio?

So, I don't know where to create this topic, so I'm gonna try with this subforum here, as it's for a competitive Dugtrio.

Diglet and Dugtrio are at the Field's egg group, where only another two pokemons can learn Memento: Zorua (egg move) and Stunky (which is not in the game). So, is there any possibility to put Memento on Dugtrio? If the answer is positive, how?

Thank u guys!

Hi, just thought I'd give you some advice about putting it on a Smeargle. As when you use memento the pokmeon faints and you can't sketch from a fainted pokemon.

What I did was:

double npc battle

2 muks (or another pokemon) with memento

Use memento on each other

One will work (and faint) the other will fail

Bring out Smeargle and sketch from the failed one

2 minutes ago, hannahtaylor said:

Hi, just thought I'd give you some advice about putting it on a Smeargle. As when you use memento the pokmeon faints and you can't sketch from a fainted pokemon.

What I did was:

double npc battle 

2 muks (or another pokemon) with memento 

Use memento on each other 

One will work (and faint) the other will fail 

Bring out Smeargle and sketch from the failed one

This is perfect. Thank u again!

Just came in to ACFUALLY here but two Memento Pokes aren't required to sketch Memento. You can also use Fly/Dive with a faster Pokemon, then with slower Pokemon Memento your own Pokemon which will do nothing because your other Pokemon is up in the sky/underwater and after that you just spam healing items or X items or whatever on the Pokemon you used Memento with. With the other slot you will switch to Smeargle and Sketch your Memento. Even though you used Memento multiple turns before that is not an issue because Smeargle will Sketch the last move that target Pokemon used.

Another way is to have one of your pokemon kill itself with a recoil move while memento-ing him with your 2nd pokemon ! Since you targeted an ally and there is no target left for memento, it will fail. Bring in a faster smeargle on the spot of the pokemon that died and sketch. Easiest way I found so far.

But it's actually the same as the Fly/Dive method I didn't know about ^^

Edited by TohnR
Orange Goat