Mid-Game EXP grinding

So I'm in the middle of the story, with all of the regions, and I feel like I'm at a road block with all of them. I have decided to grind EXP until I can beat the gyms that I'm stuck on. Currently I most often do horde battles in Diglett's Cave in Kanto. Any trainers or place to train in would be nice

55 minutes ago, NidoKingler said:

So I'm in the middle of the story, with all of the regions, and I feel like I'm at a road block with all of them. I have decided to grind EXP until I can beat the gyms that I'm stuck on. Currently I most often do horde battles in Diglett's Cave in Kanto. Any trainers or place to train in would be nice

Re challenging trainers is always a good way to gain exp and can net you some extra cash.To re challenge trainers just talk to them again to initiate a battle. Horde battles are an effective in gaining exp I would suggest looking at this well put together guide for horde battles to maximize the exp you receive based on where you are in the story.

Hordes are arguably much better at grinding exp, especially if you're using AoE moves and an exp share for maximum efficiency. And if you use hordes that yield EVs that benefit the pokemon you're training (if you don't know what EVs are they're essentially boosts to specific stats, so some of your pokemon will benefit from Atk EVs while others will benefit from SpAtk EVs), your pokemon will end up being amazingly powerful for story. Keep in mind though that EVs aren't even necessary for story, it's moreso type effectiveness and having a well rounded team that'll benefit you most. But NPC rebattles with an amulet coin are a way to level up AND make some money while you're at it (especially if you use an amulet coin in battle).

Hope that helps!