I'm new and have questions

Hi guys, I'm new to the game and I haven't started yet, but I do have some questions concerning the story line(s) of the game. From my under standing, all three of the story lines are in the game, do I have to start from scratch everytime I start a new story line, or do I keep all of my pokemon'? If I do keep all of my pokemon, Do I get a new starter pokemon every time I start a new store line, or do I only get one starter pokemon from the start? And how do the PCs work, do I get one universal PC, or are they dependent on the region I'm currently in? If it's a universal PC, how many boxes do I get? 

I've been looking through the guides and other forum topics and they've helped out a great deal. These are just questions that I haven't seen anyone else ask, I would like some confirmation. Thank you in advance for taking time to read and answering my questions!

Just now, Aidedfurball said:

Hi guys, I'm new to the game and I haven't started yet, but I do have some questions concerning the story line(s) of the game. From my under standing, all three of the story lines are in the game, do I have to start from scratch everytime I start a new story line, or do I keep all of my pokemon'? If I do keep all of my pokemon, Do I get a new starter pokemon every time I start a new store line, or do I only get one starter pokemon from the start? And how do the PCs work, do I get one universal PC, or are they dependent on the region I'm currently in? If it's a universal PC, how many boxes do I get? 

I've been looking through the guides and other forum topics and they've helped out a great deal. These are just questions that I haven't seen anyone else ask, I would like some confirmation. Thank you in advance for taking time to read and answering my questions!

Hello and welcome! When you finish a region and want to continue on to the next one all of the Pokémon from the region you were in get sent to the PC and you get to have a fresh start in the region with a new starter. The PC that you use is universal and will be used for all regions.

15 minutes ago, Tsiy said:

Hello and welcome! When you finish a region and want to continue on to the next one all of the Pokémon from the region you were in get sent to the PC and you get to have a fresh start in the region with a new starter. The PC that you use is universal and will be used for all regions.

So, I know that you have to have 4 badges to get to a new region, but if I go to a new region to start a new story line, do I start in the city with a ferry port, or do I start in the starting town?

Welcome Aidedfurball!

As Tsiy mentioned, the PC is indeed universal and all your pokemon will be stored there when you move on to a new region. However, they won't obey you until you get to the appropriate level cap in that region. 

Below are the level caps for the storyline:

Kanto: 20/26/32/37/46/47/50/55/62/100

Hoenn: 20/24/28/33/35/38/44/47/58/100

Unova: 20/24/27/31/35/38/42/45/56/100

When you get to a new region, you will start in the starting town.

If you have any other questions feel free to message me on forum or in game. 

Have a good day  ^_^

2 minutes ago, Deviluke said:

Welcome Aidedfurball!

As Tsiy mentioned, the PC is indeed universal and all your pokemon will be stored there when you move on to a new region. However, they won't obey you until you get to the appropriate level cap in that region. 

Below are the level caps for the storyline:

Kanto: 20/26/32/37/46/47/50/55/62/100

Hoenn: 20/24/28/33/35/38/44/47/58/100

Unova: 20/24/27/31/35/38/42/45/56/100

When you get to a new region, you will start in the starting town.

If you have any other questions feel free to message me on forum or in game. 

Have a good day  ^_^

Level caps? So, if I start in Kanto and finish and go to Hoenn, I would Have to restart in the level caps until I get all of the appropriate badges and finish the E4 in Hoenn, then I can use any level pokemon in both Kanto and Hoenn but not in Unova until I finish that region, am I correct in that?

Yes, that is correct, but I guess "restart" isn't the right word since each region has its own level caps. 

If you finished the story in Kanto, your level cap will be at 100. Then if you move on to Hoenn, your level cap in Hoenn would start at 20, but your level cap in Kanto will remain at 100. 

36 minutes ago, JooZo said:

Since this Topic is already going, I got a question as well regarding all this!
What about your Badges when you change regions? Will you keep them? Or would I have to start at the first Gym again once I get back to a region?

You keep badges you obtained in that region so if you leave and come back you still have them.