Request to Disable Battle Animations

Cosica

Question

Hello.

I'd like to request an option to turn the battle intro camera panning/Pokeball throwing, and animations for moves off, please.

If they are on due to player interactions and such, then a solution to that would be to turn them off for NPC trainer interactions/random battles only.

Edited by Cosica

8 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Munya said:

This was recently discussed and stated why it won't happen in this thread:

Because of people not wanting to have it off being at a disadvantage? I'm not sure how that's a problem. Pretty much all competitive players will turn it off, while casual players might keep it on, and typically, these players play at their own individual pace and don't interact much, if at all.

Only if the amount of time in between turns stays the same regardless of animations being present.

It has to be like that, otherwise a duel between two players with different animation settings wouldn't sync.

Would you still disable animations when there is no time benefit?

34 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

Only if the amount of time in between turns stays the same regardless of animations being present.

It has to be like that, otherwise a duel between two players with different animation settings wouldn't sync.

Would you still disable animations when there is no time benefit?

I covered that in my OP. Turn them off for Random battles and NPC interactions, but just let the animations play out normally during Player interactions.

Then PvP/player interactions become less worth it due to having to spend more time in battles than their PvE counterparts.  Not to mention the game is currently balanced/being balanced with animation times in mind.

2 minutes ago, Munya said:

Then PvP/player interactions become less worth it due to having to spend more time in battles than their PvE counterparts.  Not to mention the game is currently balanced/being balanced with animation times in mind.

Well, balancing aside, it doesn't make player interaction less worth it. Think of it as a special event, kinda like in Gen 1 when you fight Green at the end of the game, and the animations are switched back on automatically.

This might help you understand some more reasons why battle animations can't be turned off, as well as the post Munya linked above. It's most likely not happening. Plus, if you could disable animations somehow, you'd still have to wait the same amount of time that the animation would end up taking. Otherwise players would pretty much be forced to turn off battle animations to save time when EV training, battling NPCs, shiny hunting, item farming etc because otherwise it'd put them at a disadvantage compared to other players doing the same. So it ends up being less optional and more of a requirement for things, so it'd either be disabling animations for everybody completely, or keeping them on for everybody, wouldn't be fair to have a choice since people would keep animations off anyway

Edited by Dibz
24 minutes ago, Dibz said:

This might help you understand some more reasons why battle animations can't be turned off, as well as the post Munya linked above. It's most likely not happening. Plus, if you could disable animations somehow, you'd still have to wait the same amount of time that the animation would end up taking. Otherwise players would pretty much be forced to turn off battle animations to save time when EV training, battling NPCs, shiny hunting, item farming etc because otherwise it'd put them at a disadvantage compared to other players doing the same. So it ends up being less optional and more of a requirement for things, so it'd either be disabling animations for everybody completely, or keeping them on for everybody, wouldn't be fair to have a choice since people would keep animations off anyway

Ok, thanks. I'll read tomorrow since it's late for me currently. To respond to you though, Like I said earlier, casual players won't be doing any of that anyway, so it won't matter for them whether it's turned on or off, and pretty much all competitive players would keep it off anyway.

Though I guess no amount of complaints will change anyone's mind. If it is possible, which I am pretty sure it still is with some tweaking, why not hold a public vote so players can decide? Until that day comes, if ever, have fun, and thanks anyway. Good day/night.