LF people to help with a HowToPokeMMO Guide

Idk if any of you have noticed but there's been a HUUUUGE influx of new players recently, mostly english speaking too, surprisingly. And a lot of the time I look at global or channel chat or discord I see them getting answers to the questions they ask, which is great, but the answers end up being wrong and confidently given by equally clueless players. So I was thinking of making a little noob-helping guide that compiles all the most frequent FAQs, differences in mechanics as well as some of the most useful guides/resources. I could totally do all this myself but community help is nice and I get like one free day every week, so it'd be nice. So if you guys could do me a favor (you'll get credit for this of course), pls help me pool resources here, as well as pop into your Global and Local chats as well as the official discord every now and then and see what players tend to ask. I'd really appreciate the help! Oh and what you think I should include in the usual instructional guide for new players. You don't even have to help with providing answers, just getting me questions would be enough!

I've got all the basic guides, resources and some FAQs down, so I'm mostly looking for more questions players might have as well as what I should include in the instructions. Thanks in advance, everyone <3 I'll slowly post here as I get more done, I wish I had more progress already but free time is hard to find ;-; Also, this is a good idea considering I've had to repeat the same things over and over and answer the same questions over and over because people keep asking, so I thought why not compile everything into a starter guide?

It's amazing that we're getting so many new players that plan on being active and taking part in all the postgame stuff, so welcome to PokeMMO! I look forward to making friends with all of you :)

And don't worry Roy Rogers @Bestfriends, I'll include all your stuff too. :) Maybe upload a video thanking certain popular youtubers that brought attention to this game recently? 
EDIT: Found out who it was, it's a player whose IGN is NotPathetic. Here's the video:

Spoiler

This is the man that is apparently responsible for most of these new players, thass wild.

TL;DR: Lots of new players, all with questions that are getting answered (confidently, at that) by equally new and clueless players. Been helping as much as I can but with a chat cooldown and everything I thought why not just make a massive compilation of everything? Help me out in getting more people getting helplessly addicted to this game thanks ♥

Can't wait to put together the HowToPokeMMO Guide :D 

Edited by Dibz

I've been contemplating a guide that focuses on the differences between pokemmo and handhelds.

Just like a list of things.

From things like losing parents to details like hydreigon not getting draco meteor.

There should be enough of these to warrant a topic that isn't an FAQ thread -- and any newcomer will still want to read it.

We could still put that together...together!

2 hours ago, Eggplant said:

I've been contemplating a guide that focuses on the differences between pokemmo and handhelds.

Just like a list of things.

From things like losing parents to details like hydreigon not getting draco meteor.

There should be enough of these to warrant a topic that isn't an FAQ thread -- and any newcomer will still want to read it.

We could still put that together...together!

Sure! Squirtle did suggest I work with a staff member to add to the FAQ thread since he didn't wan't information repeated in two places, but I'd definitely be down to make a guide like that, I agree that there's enough differences that they'd be too big for the FAQ thread. I'd love to worth with you!

1 hour ago, Dibz said:

Sure! Squirtle did suggest I work with a staff member to add to the FAQ thread since he didn't wan't information repeated in two places, but I'd definitely be down to make a guide like that, I agree that there's enough differences that they'd be too big for the FAQ thread. I'd love to worth with you!

You may want to check out the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel. That channel has a lot of self help videos for activities on PokeMMO.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Q0RPFVF3FTjsQLYXQPJww

1 hour ago, Bestfriends said:

You may want to check out the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel. That channel has a lot of self help videos for activities on PokeMMO.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Q0RPFVF3FTjsQLYXQPJww

sir I mentioned this in the original post, I wish you read it before commenting:

7 hours ago, Dibz said:

And don't worry Roy Rogers @Bestfriends, I'll include all your stuff too. :) Maybe upload a video thanking certain popular youtubers that brought attention to this game recently? 

EDIT: Found out who it was, it's a player whose IGN is NotPathetic. Here's the video:

Spoiler

This is the man that is apparently responsible for most of these new players, thass wild.

1 minute ago, Dibz said:

sir I mentioned this in the original post, I wish you read it before commenting:

You mentioned Roy Rogers News, however, you did not mention the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel.

9 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

You mentioned Roy Rogers News, however, you did not mention the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel.

Do I really have to address both your alter egos when talking about you? I'm sorry I wasn't inclusive enough of your other personality, eternal mayor sir, I'll be sure to address you separately from Roy Rogers next time, forgive me.

I was so focused on looking to help newer players I wasn't thinking that you'd want to plug both your identities in there separately :( 

Edited by Dibz