Locked teams / Tournament

Khemepoke

Question

Bonjour désolé je suis français et si quelqu'un peut traduire mon message en anglais ça serait super cool de sa part, 

Voilà maintenant 1 an que je joue à pokemmo et je ne trouve pas ça normal que les seuls joueurs à pouvoir envisager de participer/gagner un tournoi sont des joueurs qui ont des cinquantaine voir centaine de pokemons compétitifs et qui se servent de leurs pokemons uniquement dans le but de counter leurs adversaires. A côté de ça, un joueur casual voir lambda j'ai envie de dire, qui ne possède qu'une ou 2 teams et qui recherche une certaine synergie, ne va même pas chercher à s'inscrire étant donné que c'est tout bonnement perdu d'avance. Je trouve ça injuste et à cause de ça, beaucoup de joueurs préfèrent simplement arrêter le jeu ou se cantonner au pve. Pour au final avoir des tournois avec TOUJOURS les mêmes noms qui reviennent. Il faut être réaliste à un moment donné, Pokemmo meurt alors que le jeu pourrait briller de mille feux. Si seulement vous laissiez une chance aux joueurs qui n'ont qu'une team  (ce qui est déjà bien)... ! Pourquoi ne pas lock les teams en tournoi ? Peut-être que certains combats seraient effectivement joués d'avance mais à côté de ça il y aurait une bien plus grande diversité au niveau des participants et ça relancerait fortement le pvp de Pokemmo. Svp ne soyez pas égoïstes là petite cinquantaine de joueurs qui participent actuellement à vos tournois ne seront pas éternellement sur le jeu, pensez aux autres, pensez au futur de pokemmo et non seulement au présent, dans le but de satisfaire : Jean-Michel "J'ai acheté un costume squelette à 5 euros dans la boutique et je l'ai revendu 150 millions" car oui je tiens à le souligner, la plupart de ces joueurs que vous sur-protégez n'ont probablement pas gagné leur cinquantaine de pokémons à la sueur de leur front mais plutôt à un bon investissement bien chanceux... 

J'espère que mon message sera entendu, si vous ne faites rien pour que TOUS les joueurs sans distinction puissent participer au pvp, à partir du moment où ils ont 6 pokemons de niveau 50 ou plus, alors votre jeu mourra.

9 answers to this question

Spoiler

I've been playing pokemmo for a year now and I don't think it's normal that the only players who can consider participating/winning a tournament are players who are in their fifties or hundreds of competitive pokemons and who use their pokemons only for the purpose of countering their opponents. Apart from that, a casual player see lambda I want to say, who owns only one or two teams and who is looking for some synergy, will not even seek to register since it is simply lost in advance. I think it's unfair and because of that, a lot of players just want to stop the game or stick to the pve. To ultimately have tournaments with ALWAYS the same names that come back. You have to be realistic at some point, Pokemmo dies while the game could shine brightly. If only you gave a chance to players who have only one team (which is already good)...! Why not lock up the teams in the tournament? Maybe some fights would actually be played in advance but next to that there would be a much greater diversity at the level of the participants and it would strongly revive the pvp of Pokemmo. Please don't be selfish there little fifty players who are currently participating in your tournaments will not be forever on the game, think of others, think about the future of pokemmo and not just the present, in order to satisfy: Jean-Michel -"I have bought a skeleton costume at 5 euros in the shop and I sold it 150 million" because yes I want to point out, most of these players you over-protect probably have not earned their fifty pokémons to the sweat of their forehead but rather to a good  very lucky investment...  
I hope my message will be heard, if you do nothing so that ALL players without distinction can participate in the pvp, from the moment they have 6 pokemons level 50 or more, then your game will die. 

Above is the Translation of the post in English via Google Translate.

3 hours ago, Sykopomp said:

I dunno, it would seem to be common sense to lock everyone's team when they sign up for a tournament. I also thought tournaments already did that lol

If they don't thats a big oof.

They don't, which allows you to switch your team between rounds. If you were worried about scouting, it would make more sense to randomize the bracket after each round rather than completely locking teams, as it does have its positives. 

4 hours ago, Khemepoke said:

alors votre jeu mourra.

Bold statement considering it's been going strong for 6 years. If the game dies it'll be because of inflation or lack of content, not because a few people dislike the tournament system.

15 minutes ago, Minks said:

Not a fan of scouting. 

Scouting adds strategy and incentivizes people having multiple different teams. It also adds a greater distance between experienced players & new players which I believe is a good thing. I don't like the idea of a newer player having the same chance as someone who's been playing for months or years because of a good matchup. Matchmaking gives these newer players a place without scouting where they can test their team, learn about the meta, etc. All things they need before trying these tournaments. It also allows them to earn money to help towards the goal of having multiple teams.

If you're on the side of "scouting is bad" it would definitely be better to have random brackets every round so you don't know who you're playing. If teams were locked altogether it would make learning & getting better at the game difficult. Testing and adjusting your team is a major part of competitive play & I don't think that should be taken away from tournaments. 

Tout d'abord merci pour la traduction en anglais. Je répète que je joue depuis plus d'1 an, j'ai pour ma part plusieurs teams mais je trouve cela injuste pour les joueurs qui n'en possèdent qu'une ou deux. Outre ce fait, je suis fatigué de voir toujours les mêmes joueurs dans les tournois et le problème que certains refusent de voir actuellement c'est que Pokemmo est un jeu casual, la plupart des joueurs jouent à d'autres jeux à côté car d'une part il y a un cruel manque d'animation en dehors des évents et d'autre part, les joueurs qui se connectent déjà peu, ne cherchent pas à rester longtemps online, à cause du fait que les tournois ne sont pas accessibles à tous (Le mode histoire terminé il ne reste que le pvp, rappelons-le) et que donc, à part comme je le disais, les gens qui ont eu des costume squelette à 5 euros, personne ne s'amuse en pvp. 

Je pense que la meilleure solution serait au moins de programmer chaque jour un tournoi, au minimum, (2 si possible) dans lequel il est impossible de changer sa composition une fois l'inscription faite. 

De sorte à ne pas changer les règles des tournois actuels ; et également de sorte à pouvoir profiter de tournois accessibles à tous et avec BEAUCOUP plus de joueurs différents qu'actuellement. 

Nous ne sommes pas obligés de changer les règles, simplement, ajouter des tournois "locked team" tous les jours. 

First of all thank you for the English translation. I repeat that I play for over a year, I have several teams but I find it unfair to players who only have one or two. Besides this fact, I'm tired of always seeing the same players in the tournaments and the problem that some people refuse to see now is that Pokemmo is a casual game, most players play other games in side because on the one hand there is a cruel lack of animation outside the vents and on the other hand, players who already connect little, do not try to stay long online, because of the fact that the tournaments are not not accessible to all (The story mode ended there is only the pvp, remember it) and that, apart from as I said, people who had skeleton costume at 5 euros, nobody has fun in pvp .

I think the best solution would be at least to schedule a tournament every day, at least (2 if possible) in which it is impossible to change its composition once the registration is done.

So as not to change the rules of current tournaments; and also to be able to enjoy tournaments accessible to all and with MUCH more different players than currently.

We do not have to change the rules, just add "locked team" tournaments every day.
On 7/10/2019 at 5:01 AM, ImFunk said:

Bold statement considering it's been going strong for 6 years. If the game dies it'll be because of inflation or lack of content, not because a few people dislike the tournament system.

Je pense que tu dois réaliser que le système de tournois actuel ne plaît qu'à un infime pourcentage de joueurs (5% ?) 

Mais à la limite ok, ne changeons rien. 

En revanche il est possible d'implanter des tournois avec des teams bloquées à l'inscription ou simplement randomizer les combats de sorte à ce que TOUT LE MONDE (et pas seulement 5% des joueurs) puissent participer au pvp. 

N'en déplaise à Jean-Michel et son costume Squelette à 150 millions.

I think you have to realize that the current tournament system only appeals to a tiny percentage of players (5%?)

But at the limit ok, do not change anything.

However it is possible to implement tournaments with teams blocked at registration or simply randomize the fighting so that EVERYONE (and not only 5% of players) can participate in the pvp .

No offense to Jean-Michel and his 150 million Skeleton costume