Battle Animations

Before anyone asks, yes I've checked FAQ and guide and found nothing that answered my question 

Is there any way of disabling battle Animations to make the fights as quick as possible, or any possible mods that do or speed up game play in general? 

Maybe this gets asked often, so my bad for that, but a quick answer will help a lot, I'm used to playing mons on emulators with fast forward or pokemon showdown for comp games, so kinda finding it hard to get into this 

22 hours ago, MonsterOfMen said:

Right, thanks for that info, maybe I'll pass on pokemmo, battles are too drawn out for me, I'll see 

Considering this is an MMO and everyone needs to be on the same "time", being able to disable battle animations would still require you to wait the duration of the animation anyway, so what's the point? Everyone has to be synced so it wouldn't make battles any faster.

7 minutes ago, Dibz said:

Considering this is an MMO and everyone needs to be on the same "time", being able to disable battle animations would still require you to wait the duration of the animation anyway, so what's the point? Everyone has to be synced so it wouldn't make battles any faster.

Looks like you managed to miss my original point . Obviously I'm not talking about when playing VS actual players, but rather the base game where I'm required to grind and level my mons to 50/100. There really should be no issue in disabling animations for the base game, as that has no effect on the mmo aspect in any way. Once again, I'm aware of the 25% exp boost, and I don't care about spending a little money, but that's still useless to me, as each battle is still too long. 

7 minutes ago, MonsterOfMen said:

Looks like you managed to miss my original point . Obviously I'm not talking about when playing VS actual players, but rather the base game where I'm required to grind and level my mons to 50/100. There really should be no issue in disabling animations for the base game, as that has no effect on the mmo aspect in any way. Once again, I'm aware of the 25% exp boost, and I don't care about spending a little money, but that's still useless to me, as each battle is still too long. 

Dibz response is actually very relevant in this case. It is the PVE aspect of the MMO experience that we need to keep everyone on a level playing field as much as possible. Having players stop animations to hunt faster and progress through the storyline or farm for money, pokes, etc quicker is not what we want to have occur. This is a massively online world where everyone playing is contributing to the world in some way including the economy of the server.

8 minutes ago, Squirtle said:

Dibz response is actually very relevant in this case. It is the PVE aspect of the MMO experience that we need to keep everyone on a level playing field as much as possible. Having players stop animations to hunt faster and progress through the storyline or farm for money, pokes, etc quicker is not what we want to have occur. This is a massively online world where everyone playing is contributing to the world in some way including the economy of the server.

I haven't argued about what's fair and not, it's his repose ive replied to. And anyways, it wouldn't be game breaking or hunting faster. The official fire red games and older pokemon games allow players to fully disable animations, to go through battles quicker. Old pokemon games have slow animations, and even game freak was aware of that. I highly doubt making the game a bit faster, would negatively effect the games economy in any meaningful way. You seem to easily forget about level caps, and that would work when trying to grind after pokemons level up after level 50

And if fair is really the case, why do you guys offer people to pay for 25% extra exp from battles? That would go against your "fair play" statement. 

4 minutes ago, MonsterOfMen said:

I haven't argued about what's fair and not, it's his repose ive replied to. And anyways, it wouldn't be game breaking or hunting faster. The official fire red games and older pokemon games allow players to fully disable animations, to go through battles quicker. Old pokemon games have slow animations, and even game freak was aware of that. I highly doubt making the game a bit faster, would negatively effect the games economy in any meaningful way. You seem to easily forget about level caps, and that would work when trying to grind after pokemons level up after level 50

And if fair is really the case, why do you guys offer people to pay for 25% extra exp from battles? That would go against your "fair play" statement. 

Your opinion is duly noted but we do disagree and our system is setup the way it is. If you want to suggest something be changed or updated we have a specific subforum for that. I will be locking this thread now. Have a great day.