Egg Problems...

So after a long time away from Pokemmo, I decided to return, but do things a little differently. A Normal monotype run starting with Eggs. (Because traded Pokemon aren't that loyal, and I needed them low level anyway.)

Turns out, you can mail Pokemon, items, and funds between characters on the same account. Good news! I thought...

3 IRL Days Later: "You cannot mail Eggs." WHAT

I've gone through the process of gathering funds, deciding my normal type team, and breeding the parents so I can start playing... But I can't mail Eggs? Why? You can receive (and I presume claim) mail before you get a starter, so why not let me have my Eggs?

Would I be able to physically trade with myself for the Eggs instead of mailing? I don't want to be stuck in Kanto for another 3 days if this doesn't work...

(Also if anyone wants to know the team, ask away I guess.)

1 minute ago, razimove said:

You can just hatch them and send the pokemons?

Again, I can't send just the Eggs, meaning they would have different trainer IDs. (Yes traded Pokemon.) Eggs when hatched get the current trainer ID, not the one from the parents.

A full party of traded Pokemon makes the game worse in my opinion. (50% more EXP, friendship is capped, nicknames cannot be changed, and they refuse to listen at lower levels.)

So again, I want my Eggs, not their hatched versions.

4 hours ago, NopeExe said:

Again, I can't send just the Eggs, meaning they would have different trainer IDs. (Yes traded Pokemon.) Eggs when hatched get the current trainer ID, not the one from the parents.

A full party of traded Pokemon makes the game worse in my opinion. (50% more EXP, friendship is capped, nicknames cannot be changed, and they refuse to listen at lower levels.)

First of, all the mechanics you mention aren't relevant for Pokemmo.

Friendship isn't capped for non OT pokemon, the fact that they refuse to listen at high level is the same for both OT and non OT pokemon in this game due to level limitations.

Also, nicknames can be changed even for traded pokemon but it costs 10k instead of 5k, not really a big difference ...

And finally, since egg trading doesn't work, one pokemon OT will always be the one of either the catcher (if non bred) or the breeder ^^

If you haven't understood so far, PokeMMO is not really the same game as the vanilla console games. There are differences and you need to deal with it :/

There must be reasons for us not to be able to trade eggs ... But yeah rip, next time ask if you have any doubt about a game mechanic !

21 hours ago, NopeExe said:

Lol you should probably play mmo and forget what newer get cartrigrs taugh yiu.

Edited by razimove
Lol you should probably play mmo and forget what newer cartriges taugh you.

Also, the IVs and nature of a pokemon are decided at the point the egg is made. So, even if you could trade eggs, I'd be fairly sure the OT would be who made the egg.

The only thing are are correct about is the fact traded pokemon gain slightly more exp. 

Edited by hannahtaylor
10 hours ago, NopeExe said:

That’s not how it works in MMO. The OT is generated based on the parent’s OT values at the moment of Egg generation so it doesn’t matter who hatches it.

5 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

The only thing are are correct about is the fact traded pokemon gain slightly more exp. 

That's still 50% more, which is a big deal. Guess I'll just have to live with the three wasted days of my life then.

8 hours ago, TohnR said:

But yeah rip, next time ask if you have any doubt about a game mechanic !

RIP indeed, but thanks for the emotional support.

8 hours ago, razimove said:

Lol you should probably play mmo and forget what newer get cartrigrs taugh yiu.

How rude! Also I thought most browsers had their own spellcheckers, guess not.

Either way, thanks for the emotional support (almost) everyone! See you all in another life time.

33 minutes ago, NopeExe said:

That's still 50% more, which is a big deal. Guess I'll just have to live with the three wasted days of my life then.

RIP indeed, but thanks for the emotional support.

How rude! Also I thought most browsers had their own spellcheckers, guess not.

Either way, thanks for the emotional support (almost) everyone! See you all in another life time.

Oh poor you, I'm so terribly sorry you thought a MMO would work the same way as a handheld game. I do hope you're not suffering too much? Again, I offer my sincere condolences that you can't trade eggs and I do hope that someone will change this especially for you. 

Offering you warm hugs and a shoulder to cry on.

(also pretty sure it's not an extra 50% exp, just a bit extra)

38 minutes ago, hannahtaylor said:

Oh poor you, I'm so terribly sorry you thought a MMO would work the same way as a handheld game. I do hope you're not suffering too much? Again, I offer my sincere condolences that you can't trade eggs and I do hope that someone will change this especially for you. 

Offering you warm hugs and a shoulder to cry on.

(also pretty sure it's not an extra 50% exp, just a bit extra)

Its not even 10% iirc. Wait until he finds out about shinies, and that out meta is way different x)