Numbers should be added to team names/tags

MhxAir

Question

Why after 7 years are numbers still not in team names? Latin was added, but not numbers. TripleAce [AC3] and other creative names are restricted. Numbers are really useful in tags, and should have been added when Latin characters were put in.

Something I posted below.

There are plenty of ways numbers could be used, like:

Instead of Seven [SEV], you could have Se7en [777].
Instead of Chief [HALO] you could have HALO [117]
Instead of Elite [Elt] you could have Elite [1337]
Instead of Hackers [HAX] you could have H4X0R [H4X]

There are tons of names already like that, but restricted in creativity due to lack of numbers.

People use the Latin letters like it's a requirement. Almost everyone is using some kind of dots above letters. Numbers should be an option. 

[F1R3] [AQU4] [0MGA] [H4TE] [D1R3] etc, tons of options for numbers in tags.

I have donator status, and I would gladly PAY for this feature if I had to.

Edited by MhxAir

7 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, Minks said:

lol

also no, they shouldnt. 

"Yeah, well, y'know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

There are plenty of ways numbers could be used, like:

Instead of Seven [SEV], you could have Se7en [777].
Instead of Chief [HALO] you could have HALO [117]
Instead of Elite [Elt] you could have Elite [1337]
Instead of Hackers [HAX] you could have H4X0R [H4X]

There are tons of names already like that, but restricted in creativity due to lack of numbers.

People use the Latin letters like it's a requirement. Almost everyone is using some kind of dots above letters. Numbers should be an option. 

[F1R3] [AQU4] [0MGA] [H4TE] [D1R3] etc, tons of options for numbers in tags.

Edited by MhxAir

I assume their reasoning for this would be the same reason we wouldn't want numbers in usernames. We don't want epicgamer12345 walking around and getting mixed up with epicgamer12346. It would look awful & make things confusing. Also, for every unique team with numbers you'll just have 10 more with random 4592 team tags, again makes it easy to confuse people/teams and is really just gibberish. 

1 minute ago, ImFunk said:

I assume their reasoning for this would be the same reason we wouldn't want numbers in usernames. We don't want epicgamer12345 walking around and getting mixed up with epicgamer12346. It would look awful & make things confusing. Also, for every unique team with numbers you'll just have 10 more with random 4592 team tags, again makes it easy to confuse people/teams and is really just gibberish. 

Then just only in tags would be fine. 4 letters is hard to work with. Almost everything is already taken, so people are using Latin letters to get around it anyway.

2 minutes ago, MhxAir said:

4 letters is hard to work with.

The point is to force you to be creative, rather than having XD10 XD11 XD12 XD13 all be different teams. As for Latin characters being allowed, it's a good alternative for if something is taken that doesn't look like spam or gibberish, and you can still read the names. 

16 minutes ago, ImFunk said:

The point is to force you to be creative, rather than having XD10 XD11 XD12 XD13 all be different teams. As for Latin characters being allowed, it's a good alternative for if something is taken that doesn't look like spam or gibberish, and you can still read the names. 

I mean you say that like there isn't already FIRE FÏRE FÎRE FÍRE FÌRE. What is F1RE going to hurt?

28 minutes ago, MhxAir said:

I mean you say that like there isn't already FIRE FÏRE FÎRE FÍRE FÌRE. What is F1RE going to hurt?

Although these names are similar, you are still able to read them clearly & they look good enough. Being in any populated area with 15 different teams all consisting of random numbers would just be a mess.