Can we please add switch into AI battles?

heldenautie

Question

Here is my reasoning: Grinding.

Grinding on set is really REALLY annoying because you have to spend a tempo to throw out your low level in a trainer battle (or else grind on wilds, which is slow AF).  Like, the main reason trainer battles (outside of gym leaders) are in the game is that it is faster grinding them than grinding wilds and removing shift from those trainer battles makes this process much MUCH harder and more drawn out.

6 answers to this question

5 hours ago, heldenautie said:

Grinding on set is really REALLY annoying

Pretty sure that's the point. 

They've made multiple changes from the original games to make the game more difficult while forcing you to slow down & play the game, rather than just speeding through like the originals. 

4 hours ago, ImFunk said:

Pretty sure that's the point. 

They've made multiple changes from the original games to make the game more difficult while forcing you to slow down & play the game, rather than just speeding through like the originals. 

Adding onto that, you shouldn't be able to just overlevel a pokemon and sweep and switch while seeing what your opponent's sending out. You should have basic powers of deduction. If you're grinding, use an exp share or use hordes to level. Using sweet scent summons a horde and using an AoE move like earthquake/surf/hyper voice kills the horde. It's pretty easy to level with those :) And well, what Funk said. Learn how to battle, the story's designed to teach you basic battle skills.

I think this should be an option, at the very least for the beginning of the game where it makes a big difference but you cant use it to overpower easily. Like say until lvl 50 or until you have like 3-5 badges or something. The beginning grind is very tedious right now, especially since I've already done it a ton of times before and now its just taking longer for no real reason.

11 hours ago, banreaxe said:

I think this should be an option, at the very least for the beginning of the game where it makes a big difference but you cant use it to overpower easily. Like say until lvl 50 or until you have like 3-5 badges or something. The beginning grind is very tedious right now, especially since I've already done it a ton of times before and now its just taking longer for no real reason.

So leveling one pokemon to level 50 in starting areas would somehow be faster than leveling your 6 pokemon to the level cap that's already multiple levels above what any NPC and even the next gym leader's pokemon are at???? Explain how.

And ignoring your baseless comment of how it would "take longer", the reason behind this is to teach you basic type effectiveness, which pokemon matches up best against which, to look at movesets that have a wide coverage, so to actually teach you basic battle skills. And if most of your team's even close to the level cap, you're not going to have an issue with the first few gyms anyway. 

Level caps are never going away and for good reason. No matter how much you complain about it, they're there for reasons and everyone who complains about it existing doesn't even level their team to the level cap before they start complaining. It doesn't hinder anything and is a good indicator of the levels your Pokemon should be at at that point in the story.