Pokemmo Mayoral Re-Elections Final Vote

Pokemmo Mayoral Re-Elections: Final Vote  

368 members have voted

1. 1. Who deserves the pristine title of mayor?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/09/19 at 04:59 AM

1 minute ago, xSparkie said:

When was the last time any of the candidates did non-comp stuff? I'm assuming you mean PvE events here. 

pretty much everything bestfriends does. But why do events have to be the cause for me to vote for a mayor?

3 minutes ago, xStarr said:

Thats something you could suggest. Not throwing someone under just like that. I don't pay much attention but what exactly has BF provided thats "non comp"

like I said above, events are not a cause for a vote. 

3 minutes ago, ZackChurch said:

pretty much everything bestfriends does. But why do events have to be the cause for me to vote for a mayor?

Well it's not just events, it's all-round being there and active for the community, for both new and old players alike! Helping out everyone we can with their endeavors, whether they're making a guide, want a guide, want events, advice for finances or PvP, as well as events and lotteries! And of course, way more stuff to come when we ask players for their input on the mayor's role and what they'd like to see in it

Edited by Dibz
1 hour ago, Zehkar said:

Bro I swear you guys are a bunch of sell-outs. All memes aside, how are you gonna vote for some random spanish comp guy (no offense einstein) that represents like, nothing, of the community just because he's been hosting tournaments for a week or two (who, by the way, probably came back to the game just to give away his fortune he amassed from when he was a relevant comp player in the past) instead of Bestfriends who 1. was good enough to get elected the first time and 2. breaks his back to represent this game's community and gain their respect? You can have whatever opinion you want on bestfriends, which for the most part are usually justified, but picking the other random jaja guy over bestfriends is so stupid on every level and you guys are also stupid

He isnt spanish tho, comp player either, not even a retired player lol. 

jaja. 

I'm voting BF simply because I don't give any credit to this or any election of this type.

Giving a title with 200 votes, and calling that an election... It's like what 5% of the daily active community ...  Could be much less

To make it real we'd need some campaign stuff on global chat, staff spreading this link to the rest of the community. Or is mayor just a forums reg thing ?

Edited by TohnR
Just now, Dibz said:

Okay so @calidubstep will a staff member be verifying each account who voted? By cross-checking it with their IGNs and disqualifying the votes that don't have an IGN? I think that's the best way to verify votes tbh, prevents alts and vote-bots.

i mean i was going to but if im not good enough for you i can probs ask 

Just now, calidubstep said:

i mean i was going to but if im not good enough for you i can probs ask 

I mean you don't have the ability to see if a player exists or doesn't, so getting a staff member to help would probably be a good idea. @Bearminator maybe if he has the time?

16 hours ago, calidubstep said:

Alrighty so thank you all for your patience and cooperation throughout. This final election will run until Monday, July 8th at 11:59PM CST, so that should give all our voters ample time to choose their candidate. Best of luck to both of you! 

4 hours ago, Dibz said:

Okay so @calidubstep will a staff member be verifying each account who voted? By cross-checking it with their IGNs and disqualifying the votes that don't have an IGN? I think that's the best way to verify votes tbh, prevents alts and vote-bots.

4 hours ago, Dibz said:

I mean you don't have the ability to see if a player exists or doesn't, so getting a staff member to help would probably be a good idea. @Bearminator maybe if he has the time?

What about those whose names are different on forum and game, should I send emails and wait for a reply, then check? Will we wait a week/month if someone is inactive to confirm their vote? There's no info in the first post about having to prove you are yourself in game. Some people might not want to give their IGN either, and what if under this condition leading player will suddenly lose 50% votes? It's not going to happen, judging from accounts that voted yet, but I hope you get me. 

Also nothing really about how long your account must be active. Hell, you guys talked earlier about stopping new accounts from voting too, with possible 2-months period to avoid people spamming accounts to vote.

Well, guess what, under this rule, ProfesorEinsteinnn can't vote too.

I don't want you to read that as me saying "no" to any help, but I think those kinds of things needed clarification before voting started, not after it started. Unless you did that in any post that I've missed earlier. Same goes for how long term of the mayor is. Again, sorry if anyone tried to decide earlier, Im a bit away lately.

9 hours ago, ZackChurch said:

I see this being his only term. He will run out or money in a few months. Then we will have a dead mayor till the next election xD plus just voting for a dude cause hes handing out shit, yalls some greedy people

Cant agree on this one, because there are many comp players who would gladly donate if somebody made the effort to organize.

Regarding election fraud think if u look at the voters most of then look legit, so atleast for now it looks credible. And although i voted for einstein, players who are new shouldnt be disallowed for voting because bestfriends clientel are mostly new players which is a disadvantage to the pvp scene supporters of einstein.

Personally i think both are good lads with good intentions so i dont get the disrespect some of their „supporters“ direct at the other candidate.

Edited by WildHodor
Second paragraph does not relate to quote
2 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

I don't want you to read that as me saying "no" to any help, but I think those kinds of things needed clarification before voting started, not after it started. Unless you did that in any post that I've missed earlier. Same goes for how long term of the mayor is. Again, sorry if anyone tried to decide earlier, Im a bit away lately

Don't worry. You don't have to bother with anything cause the community has failed to decide about any of those matter. And instead of voting about such issues first, we have jumped directly to elections. Staff intervention is not needed.

Also, nothing against Einstein, dude has been in my FL since 2014.... 

But the fact is, the title won't mean anything to him at all, especially since it's a forum thing and he doesn't even use forums.

And it's just disappointing that people fail to see the meme, especially comp players, who have took this shit seriously and just want to give the guy who's making free tournies for them a title which won't mean half to him what it does to BF.

A year ago the community did something amazing, came together and made BF mayor.

A title with no power or meaning but it meant everything to him, and it's so clear that it still does, even after all this time.

This whole thing has no functional meaning at all, yet people want to take it away from him, and give it to someone who doesn't even use forums or care about titles.

Sure BF posted around in random topics with his Mayor YT channel and stuff, believed he made changes even though those changes were there due to bunch of other reasons... But that's the thing, he believed, the title actually means something to the guy ffs.

I have seen people make serious (at times even toxic and rude) arguments / statements against BF for not 'doing his duties'. Dude legit made a whole YT channel and adopted a persona... he actually cared and gave it his best. 

But is this what our community is now ? A bunch of grumpy folks who can't see a meme for what it is and want to ban it ? Cause that is what happens the moment the tag is separated from BF, it loses it's purpose. And before someone comes in with a serious argument that 'tag won't lose meaning, just new purpose, etc' Stfu you bully, you're contributing towards taking away a fictional powerless tag which means the world to a kid in a fan-made pokemon games' forums away from him. 

#BF2020 #BFforever #NoBFNoMayor

Let me start out by saying that I have nothing but utmost respect for ProfessorEinstein and his pals for hosting such an enormous amount of unofficial tournaments for players with such incredible prizes. These tournaments have probably had more hype behind than anything officially hosted in PokeMMO for a long time.

That being said, I don't like this. At all. Why must we keep insist of giving ProfessorEinstein the title of Mayor, the title that specifically was given to Bestfriends. I don't mind calling ProfessorEinstein and his buddies the tournament host(s) of the year, I wouldn't even mind giving him the official "PokeMMO Player of the Year" - title for his contributions to this game. Just why, oh why, must we touch that one specific title we wanted to give to Bestfriends and which he carries with a lot of pride.

Also what a message to send as a community: "Give us something or otherwise we won't give you any recognition and we'll take away what you already had".

19 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Let me start out by saying that I have nothing but utmost respect for ProfessorEinstein and his pals for hosting such an enormous amount of unofficial tournaments for players with such incredible prizes. These tournaments have probably had more hype behind than anything officially hosted in PokeMMO for a long time.

That being said, I don't like this. At all. Why must we keep insist of giving ProfessorEinstein the title of Mayor, the title that specifically was given to Bestfriends. I don't mind calling ProfessorEinstein and his buddies the tournament host(s) of the year, I wouldn't even mind giving him the official "PokeMMO Player of the Year" - title for his contributions to this game. Just why, oh why, must we touch that one specific title we wanted to give to Bestfriends and which he carries with a lot of pride.

Also what a message to send as a community: "Give us something or otherwise we won't give you any recognition and we'll take away what you already had".

I agree with most of this but actually this title wasn't given specifically to bf he was elected. And i dont get why there shouldnt be another election just because he did (he really did) a good job.

They should actually just work together as mayor and vice major contributing to all of the community, covering each other and being the biggest meme together forever

Edited by WildHodor
Just now, WildHodor said:

I agree with most of this but actually this title wasn't given specifically to bf he was elected. And i dont get why there shouldnt be another election just because he did (he really did) a good job

The "Mayor" title (as far as I remember it) started as somewhat of a joke in 2013 when Rigamorty basically self-claimed that title. When he did some stupid shit and got banned, Fred raised (maybe semi-jokingly) the point that who should be the next mayor. And the community gathered to give this "prestigious" title to Bestfriends, as kind of an appreciation token. The title itself doesn't mean and has never meant anything. What was so inspiring to see was that how much pride Bestfriends took about that nomination and how the community got more existed about the fact Bestfriends was taking that nomination with pride.

1 minute ago, OrangeManiac said:

The "Mayor" title (as The title itself doesn't mean and has never meant anything. What was so inspiring to see was that how much pride Bestfriends took about that nomination and how the community got more existed about the fact Bestfriends was taking that nomination with pride.

Totally agreeing on this part. The first is also correct except that there was a rather close election between bf and crimar (and maybe some randoms).

43 minutes ago, WildHodor said:

Totally agreeing on this part. The first is also correct except that there was a rather close election between bf and crimar (and maybe some randoms).

You forget the initial election where Hassan, who went by 'Oldmanhassan' at the time had hordes of new players fresh out of Pallet town creating fresh forum accounts so they could vote for OMH and join his team aptly named Team 'Old Man Hassan'.

#Cults101 #PokeMMOHistory.

lmao, see on the last thread I thought it was dumbfounding that there were like 7 people who didn’t understand the meme.

But now I see that 100 people that don’t get the meme.

Tbh, I’m really disappointed in our community right now. As far as I can see it, giving the title to Eistein is effectively the same as just throwing it away. The title only exists on the forums; the man barely exisist on the forums. So you are literally just taking a badge off of BF and throwing it in the trash. Screw you guys.

If you really wanted to acknowledge Einstein, you should have come up with a new position to vote him into, not to take away BF’s role, that honestly, he has spent a lot of time dedicating himself to.

THIS IS ONLY STILL A THING BECAUSE OF HOW SERIOUS BF TOOK IT. And, you guys are taking that away from him. Fuck you all, I’m actually mad about this shit. I legit thought it was obvious that we should all vote BF again, and the leadup was all just for fun. I guess I was wrong.

4 hours ago, TJXD said:

You forget the initial election where Hassan, who went by 'Oldmanhassan' at the time had hordes of new players fresh out of Pallet town creating fresh forum accounts so they could vote for OMH and join his team aptly named Team 'Old Man Hassan'.

#Cults101 #PokeMMOHistory.

I hosted some hype tournaments back in the day, only if people wanted unofficial tournaments back then the election would of been cake.

#OMHHype

Edited by OldManHassy
Hi