[PSL XI] Week 6

Spoiler

unknown.png

gg azz

also here's is a more or less (and probably biased) round by round retell for anyone interested

Spoiler

he started with tar, i counterpicked sci
he switched into tenta, i uturned too exca
played safe, eq'd, he switched to nite
switched into p2, he dd'd
he switched back to tenta and got ice beamed
i switched to sci and got my gem knocked off
ate a scald before the uturn, no burn, poli comes in
bodyslamed tenta after eating a toxic
tenta is in ko range for a bodyslam, i waterfalled
he switched to gengar and took a crit from the fall
i switched to tar and ate a lo t-bolt, lo + sand killed the gar
his exca comes, he has seen balloon on mine, so i switch to poli which takes the iron head but is now under half life
i sac poli (death by eq) and send in my exca
ez set up for sword dance, he switches to nite
nite falls to iron head
sandstorm stops and in comes a full health reu
i switch to nite and take meager blow from focus blast
i doubleswitch to sci and take a tickling psychic
he switches to tenta, i uturn to tar because he's in range for sandstorm
in comes once again his excadrill
i sac tar to him
get my boi onto the field
and play it safe by just pressing eq
he's faster/wins the speed tie but since i still have my balloon i'm safe bar a flinch from iron head
he does't get it and his exca is down
in comes reu once again
i switch to nite, take another focus blast
and use draco meteor which dents him below half health (around 40%)
nite dies to psychic and in comes sci
uturn, he switched to tar which survives but at this point exca sweeps
next two round are exca eq'ing him to death
fin

Edited by Linken
4 hours ago, NikhilR said:

Looks like I missed out a lot, and apparently even got meme'd. I'll be back if you guys need me, but I'm proud of you guys for securing the win. 

am i the only one who thinks trashing members of a contending team/quitting on them and then seeing them win without you kinda looks bad? like can't really say it gave them motivation since they were a playoff team this whole time so they kinda just kept doing what they'd been doing

like tbh @Frag has a better reason to quit on us lol but knowing him, he'll prob stick around and grab best overall :P

8 hours ago, calidubstep said:

am i the only one who thinks trashing members of a contending team/quitting on them and then seeing them win without you kinda looks bad? like can't really say it gave them motivation since they were a playoff team this whole time so they kinda just kept doing what they'd been doing

like tbh @Frag has a better reason to quit on us lol but knowing him, he'll prob stick around and grab best overall :P

Seeing as how I am 4-1 (or actually 5-0 cuz I don't count a timer loss as a "legit loss") the Keks wouldn't be a playoff team if I didn't grab a win in every relevant game. They definitely changed things up in my absence, since a majority of them took the time to prepare and play towards the end of the week instead of rushing in and getting it over with. In no way was I even taking credit for their win, it was their effort alone, which is why I said that IF they need me, I will gladly come back because all I wanted to see was the hunger and passion to win, and they did that this week.

My situation is very much different from that of Frags because after being inactive for over a year, I came back to grind this game solely for PSL, whereas Frags had nothing to lose since he kept playing this game. It hasn't been easy trying to learn the OU and NU meta in less than a span of 2 months, acquiring the necessary pokes etc. to be able to actively compete, but because I am the greatest of all time I made it look easy.

I don't really care about Best Overall because this is a team tour and I don't really need an individual award to know that I am the best.

56 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

the Keks wouldn't be a playoff team if I didn't grab a win in every relevant game

They also wouldn’t be a playoff team if you won every relevant game and they didn’t win 3 (to tie) or 4 (to win) collectively. Like gl in the playoffs and all but it’s def a team game, no teams going undefeated (i think?) so gotta embrace the ups and downs lol 

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-941588581

won

Well since Krooks are eliminated from playoffs at this point I wanted to quickly say good game to everyone and I am looking forward to seeing the playoffs + finals. Good luck to the remaining fighting for playoffs and good luck to all the teams that will make it to playoffs.