Hatching shinies

Worth noting, while you cannot see it whether an egg will be shiny shiny is determined when it is given to you, NOT when it hatches.

So if you wanted to use Donator Status and/or Shiny Charm to increase your odds you would want them active when you generate the eggs, not when they hatch.

So if you have oodles of PC boxes of things you could pop donator status + shiny charm and for the next hour turn everything into eggs and pop them into your PC without hatching, then after it runs out you go to hatching them with flame body etc, this would technically be the most optimal way to do it in theory.

Good luck! c:

1 hour ago, Matoka said:

Worth noting, while you cannot see it whether an egg will be shiny shiny is determined when it is given to you, NOT when it hatches.

So if you wanted to use Donator Status and/or Shiny Charm to increase your odds you would want them active when you generate the eggs, not when they hatch.

So if you have oodles of PC boxes of things you could pop donator status + shiny charm and for the next hour turn everything into eggs and pop them into your PC without hatching, then after it runs out you go to hatching them with flame body etc, this would technically be the most optimal way to do it in theory.

Good luck! c:

Could have been the best shiny advice i've read to be honest

16 hours ago, Matoka said:

Good luck! c:

Thanks a bunch! I'm trying to get my 3rd shiny metagross. I have 1 in pearl. 1 in emerald. And I'm going for pokemon mmo!

6 hours ago, Zerom said:

Thanks a bunch! I'm trying to get my 3rd shiny metagross. I have 1 in pearl. 1 in emerald. And I'm going for pokemon mmo!

Good luck you brave soul, let it be known that the chance any Pokémon is shiny is significantly lower than in the handhelds (1/30,000) so brace yourself for the long-con.

12 hours ago, Matoka said:

Good luck you brave soul, let it be known that the chance any Pokémon is shiny is significantly lower than in the handhelds (1/30,000) so brace yourself for the long-con.

I'm looking forward to the challenge! I will get it I'm determined lol. My longest hunt lasted 6 years and it was a shiny rayquaza. That sucker took 43,783 SRs

11 hours ago, Zerom said:

I'm looking forward to the challenge! I will get it I'm determined lol. My longest hunt lasted 6 years and it was a shiny rayquaza. That sucker took 43,783 SRs

6x365 = 2190

43783/2190 = 19,992.....

Thats a avrage of 20 soft resets a day for 6years, good work, must have been a feelsgood when you got it.

On 7/3/2019 at 5:51 AM, Znooz said:

6x365 = 2190

43783/2190 = 19,992.....

Thats a avrage of 20 soft resets a day for 6years, good work, must have been a feelsgood when you got it.

You have no clue man. 1st I was running 6 different consoles. 2 HG 2 SS 1 RBY 1 SPR. 2nd when finally the shiny rayquaza appeared that was the ONLY game where I forgot to get the master ball. 3rd my Ds with the shiny was dying. 4th my 2 strongest pokemon was a lugia with pressure and nidoking with poison point. The WORST combination possible!!. My heart was beating so fast I was in tears. But then finally. I was able to catch it in a Ultra Ball. Still blows my mind even today that ALL of that actually occurred.

Never forget that moment for the rest of my life